Opinion The All-Australian Team...

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury- Has to be a must even though it has not been his best season.

Elliot- May be an outside shot. His form before round 15 was awesome.

Sidebottom- Would be a must if he did not get that mid-season suspension... Now their are a few question marks over him. Should get in anyway. Has become very close to elite this season. Took his game to another level.

Beams- Best season besides 2012.

Langdon- Is a chance with his good season form up until about round 16.

Frost- Is a chance, but may not get enough notice as he does not get enough of the footy.

Cloke- Is a very long shot with the some poor form patches. However, when he's been good, is very dominant.

So who will make it?

Pendlebury and Beams. Maybe Sidebottom.

Pendles, that's all.

Beams missing the last 3 games of the season (effectively) will hurt his chances, may sneak into the 40 man squad, won't be in the 22 though.

Elliott was on track to be a contender before that hamstring injury set him back and he never got back into that same form.

I don't think Sidey will make it, despite having a good year.

Yes only Pendle's.

Pendle's has been incredible all year, should easily win the B & F and will poll very well in the Brownlow.

He is covering gaps all over the park for our team and it is no surprise that without him last week we were never in the hunt and seriously lacked leadership.

Sidebottom- Would be a must if he did not get that mid-season suspension... Now their are a few question marks over him. Should get in anyway. Has become very close to elite this season. Took his game to another level.

Frost- Is a chance, but may not get enough notice as he does not get enough of the footy.

Cloke- Is a very long shot with the some poor form patches. However, when he's been good, is very dominant.

So who will make it?
Not sure if serious suggestions...

Elliott - Missed too many and Breust, Gunston, Parker, McGlynn, Robbie Gray, I could go on - have had much better years than him.

Sidebottom - hasn't been special.

Beams - not a great year

Langdon - just no

Frost - AA spuds maybe?

Cloke - Worst year in his time here...

Elliott - Missed too many and Breust, Gunston, Parker, McGlynn, Robbie Gray, I could go on - have had much better years than him.

Beams - not a great year

Langdon - just no

Frost - AA spuds maybe?

987.gif

tumblr_mm3xymznmk1r5xzspo1_250.gif

Beams - not a great year

Langdon - just no

Frost - AA spuds maybe?

In the words of Bruce McAvaney... "He is special that boy"

I'm with Number 10 here.

Probably Pendles, maybe Beams at best.

Been a horrible year, many standouts from other teams.

Mids Ablett, Heppell, Hannebury, Josh Kennedy, Fyfe, Watson, Hanley, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Harvey, Griffen, Mundy - there's no doubt more, so lots of opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who will make it?

Pendlebury. YES

Elliott No. Not sure they give you AA selection for taking 2-4 high marks and doing not much else.

Beams No. Vanilla season. Plenty of other mids a head of him this season.

Landgon. No chance.

Frost No chance.

Cloke. No way. He would've been nearly OUR worst player in the first 6-7 games. He had about 5 good games. Ordinary season.

I'm with Number 10 here.

Probably Pendles, maybe Beams at best.

Been a horrible year, many standouts from other teams.

Mids Ablett, Heppell, Hannebury, Josh Kennedy, Fyfe, Watson, Hanley, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Harvey, Griffen, Mundy - there's no doubt more, so lots of opposition.

Griffen no way. Watson has missed to many for me and Dangerfield has been average at best with only a couple of standout games

The midfield locks for me are Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood with Prestia, Heppell, Beams and Sloane possibles/probables

Pendles deserves a spot but I really wouldn't be surprised if he misses. The AA selectors seem to look at other clubs before ours.

I suspect no one. Pendles will be on the edge of selection. Has had a good season but not anywhere near his best seasons from the past. No one else will even get close.

If Pendlebury doesn't get in it would be an absolute joke. The amount of holes he has filled this year has held our team together.

And all while racking up offensive numbers to match the best. I'd like to see any of the other elite mids to the defensive and team stuff like he does, without him we would be 4-5 wins worse off, he has carried us this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back