The All-Encompassing Footy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe Carlton still haven't managed to snag a key forward, draft or elsewhere. It's been several years that it's clearly something they are desperate for.
I'll be happy to take a packet of chips for butcher

I can't believe Carlton still haven't managed to snag a key forward, draft or elsewhere. It's been several years that it's clearly something they are desperate for.

I cant believe my team was stupid enough to trade them a potential key forward in Henderson only for Carlton to stuff it up!

I cant believe my team was stupid enough to trade them a potential key forward in Henderson only for Carlton to stuff it up!
You seriously can't believe that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor drafting? Another hindsight issue, but why take Lucas over Talia? Didn't make sense then, doesn't make sense now.
The 'Drafting the best player available vs Drafting for a need' is a whole new argument. As if you draft the best player available but still have a hole in a certain area say KPF's you won't improve but if you draft a KPF who turns out to be a dud and other guy you were looking at turns out to be the next Ablett it can be just as bad.

Drafting int he AFL is a very much hit and miss scenario. I feel for the recruiters who have to make the choices as one bad pick can haunt the club for the following 5 years (See Richard Tambling) or even further. That's just one pick... a bad few years of picks and your club can be towards the wrong end of the ladder for a decade. (See Melbourne)

The 'Drafting the best player available vs Drafting for a need' is a whole new argument. As if you draft the best player available but still have a hole in a certain area say KPF's you won't improve but if you draft a KPF who turns out to be a dud and other guy you were looking at turns out to be the next Ablett it can be just as bad.

Drafting int he AFL is a very much hit and miss scenario. I feel for the recruiters who have to make the choices as one bad pick can haunt the club for the following 5 years (See Richard Tambling) or even further. That's just one pick... a bad few years of picks and your club can be towards the wrong end of the ladder for a decade. (See Melbourne)
But Carlton needed a KPP. They chose a mid instead.

Today is the day we become the only team this season to win overseas and not have won a game in Australia! Roaaar! Baaaaaa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said it time and time again, and it was no different at the time Carlton traded Kennedy for Judd. When you trade in a player and make him your highest paid and most influential figure, it shoots your culture in the foot.

Carlton erred by trading Kennedy and they're paying for it now.

You think they'd learn from their mistake, but no, they bring in Dale Thomas and pay him $750,000 a season.

A prime example is Sydney.

Shhh i'm trying to offload him.

When he plays he opens up our forward line a lot more. Also is his shitness at the level of Vickery's?
Vicks is a better player then Azza easily.

People have been dissuaded by his first couple of weeks, forgetting that he was a pivotal member of the team last year.

I think a spell in the VFL will do Vicks great and he'll come back better then ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vicks is a better player then Azza easily.

People have been dissuaded by his first couple of weeks, forgetting that he was a pivotal member of the team last year.

I think a spell in the VFL will do Vicks great and he'll come back better then ever.

Not even a carton of Glenfiddich could persuade me to change my mind on Vickery.
We should have pushed him out with Gus as we picked up talls that could cover him.

I've said it time and time again, and it was no different at the time Carlton traded Kennedy for Judd. When you trade in a player and make him your highest paid and most influential figure, it shoots your culture in the foot.

Carlton erred by trading Kennedy and they're paying for it now.

You think they'd learn from their mistake, but no, they bring in Dale Thomas and pay him $750,000 a season.

A prime example is Sydney.

Sydney on talent is still a top 4 team and if they do happen to click (hopefully not) they'll become even better.

But yes it's fun to watch the culture shock right now.

Sydney on talent is still a top 4 team and if they do happen to click (hopefully not) they'll become even better.

But yes it's fun to watch the culture shock right now.
The Swans are finished....almost for good with their impending allowances taken away and the length of Franklins contract.

The Swans are finished....almost for good with their impending allowances taken away and the length of Franklins contract.

I think they have this season and maybe next. Long term it doesn't look good.

I think they have this season and maybe next. Long term it doesn't look good.
This season's a 3 horse race and the Swans aren't 1 of those 3. Next season they'll slide even further once opposition players develop and the competition strengthens.

Poor Bombers. Shoulda atleast played Bellchambers.

Next week vs crappy Doggies is a MUST win, no passengers and thus MUST dump sooky Carlisle to the VFL for 2 matches.

Bring back in Myers, Bellchambers & Goddard.

Hardingham can go out also with Zach Merrett.

Dane Swan, crap... Overrated.
Stanton his direct opponent dominated the match in the first quarter whilst Swan paid him no respect. Suddenly the Pies poured the pressure on and the ball went their way...enter Swan. 3 miskicks resulting in goals, cue Anzac medal, robbing the true BOG Sidebottom from glory. Epitomises the word overrated.

We won't mention who the Bombers best player was though, that would be ignorant.

Loved that game. Loved that game from Swan.

Would have been a great game either result. One of the most physical matches I've seen at least this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back