The already planning for SC 2016 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selwood would be an unreal pick up if they get Danger.

If Treloar does go to the pies I might play wait and see and not pick Pendles to start. With Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom, Swan, Adams etc it might be like GWS and Swans this year. Not enough points to share around means someones score is always going to be affected.
Pendles managed to still score alright with this guy called Dayne Beams in the side. He used to be an alright midfielder for them

The AFLPA under 22 team has Luke Parker as a forward. That usually transpires to super coach (did with Bontempelli last year).

Would be in every team.
Played more forward last season than this season and was given mid only classification for this year.

Anyone else think Yeo will be a very nice option next year?
He's too explosive to be playing down back all next year. When they get all there defenders up and running again Yeo would be unleashed you'd think.
At 440k odd and listed as a defender (probably dpp) he's a massive lock.
I'm probably stupid enough to give Brodie Smith another crack too.

As a Geelong supporter, I will give my thoughts on Cats players you should take a look at in 2016.
Obviously only need 1-4 players if you feel they suit your team well :)

Rhys Stanley - Should have the RUC on him next year which helps, would take the 2nd ruck spot at best, that match against Port before he injured himself showed how good he could be. Too inconsistent though for a ruck.

Jimmy Bartel - Think Scotty will let him go wherever he wants as usual. Probably average 80-90 in 2016.

Nakia Cockatoo - Think this kid will be a star. Special talent. Will we see that talent consistently in 2016, I don't think so. Will get a bit more midfield time, sub leaving the game is good news for him! See how he goes in NAB Challenge & his price if you an perhaps get him on the bench in as a FWD. Otherwise probably look closer in 2017.

Daniel Menzel - After a full pre-season, should be one of the most bought players in 2016. Very very cheap for his talent, perfect FWD bench spot for him. 115 against Magpies in his comeback game showed how good he is. Full pre-season, must get.

Joel Selwood - Premium midfielder, price will be lower after having a hard time this year with our midfielders either injured or not helping him out much, if Dangerfield comes to the Cats, Joel is a must get!

Josh Cowan - If fit, very cheap & probably a good MID bench option as Cats rate him highly so will get games.

Mitch Duncan - Lock for me if he has full pre-season. Showed he was about to explode in the 3 games before injuring himself against the Swans this year, came back & played well for a couple of games before a calf injury kept him out for the year. Will hopefully be around the $500K mark or less I hope.

Josh Caddy - Had a great month & a bit there when other midfielders like Selwood & Duncan were out. For me he is too risky at his price & if Dangerfield comes in Caddy may not get as much of the ball.

Cameron Guthrie - Same as Caddy, Guthrie's patch was at the end of the year when he averaged around 110 I'd say over the last 5-6 weeks. But that was with Duncan & Caddy out so 2016 probably same as Caddy just a bit too risky for mine with Duncan/Caddy back plus possibly Dangerfield. Though if Cats get S. Selwood as our sort of tagger then we know Guthrie is off the leash of tagging & may get more ball than we thought. Keep an eye out.

Steven Motlop - If he can get a bit more consistent then he is a lock for me. In FWD line, getting lots of ball in the midfield but kicking goals too. May get a bit more time around half forward line when guys like Duncan/Caddy are back meaning possibly more goals for Motlop!

Jackson Thurlow - Was a lock for me if Enright retired but as he is going on in 2016 think Thurlow's breakout year will be 2017. He & Mackie share a pretty similar position also so don't think Thurlow will score high consistently. As we saw in 2015, Thurlow scored much better when Mackie was injured...

Mark Blicavs - Should get MID eligibility after this year. If he does, and Geelong actually have a functioning ruck setup, then take a look at him as when he played purely as a midfielder for us he was averaging 100 & getting plenty of tackles to go with it!

Doesn't include guys like Mitch Clark where we're not sure how he is going. Or possible off-season inclusions like a Danger, Henderson, S.Selwood, Zac Smith all chances to come.

Thurlow will be on my watch list. Has the potential to be a 90+ player, reminds me of Docherty this year.

Harley anyone

12026681_10156033751785484_1349118809_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward - No Treloar so 1 less gun to share points with, will be a top 5 midfielder next year if opposition target Shiel over him, which i think will happen as outside mids are easier to stop.

Yeo - If Westcoast defence is back and fit he's a lock. mid/def, Ready to tear the game a new one in the midfield. Will be a few 70's mixed with a few 120's+

Gaz - Lock

Pendles - Cheapest starting price for a while. Lock

Fyfe - Lock

Last edited:
Shaw & Goodes retired, Jetta going to the wild wild west, Pyke getting long in the tooth

There are other players I want to see out of our team ASAP but I don't think Horse would agree with me :drunk: , however spots are up for grabs in 2016.

I'm not sure how we will go trade wise but keep an eye on the following rookies:
James Rose (F)
- Looks close to best 22, hopefully that 34 he scored doesn't scale him up too much. Needs a haircut.
George Hewett (M) - Can play, was emergency a few times this year. Looks a like for like replacement for McVeigh long term.
Sam Naismith (R) - Was very, very close to playing this year but injuries kept him out. Signed 3 year deal this year and coaching staff rate him.
Aliir Aliir (D) - Athletically gifted, physically ready and with a lack of rebounding defenders and Shaw's retirement his time is now
Harry Marsh (D) - Gets talked up a lot each preseason, him and Aliir Aliir might be fighting for the same spot in backline.
Xav Richards (D)
- If Ted or Reg get injured early next year he'll slot straight in

Notes
Hewett and Marsh made the NEAFLOL team of the year, which is a fair effort as our twos struggled badly this year.
Heeney will be an SC forward but IMO he'll spend more time in the midfield or possibly as a rebounding defender, I'm considering him as mid priced F4
I probably wont start with Hanners
I definitely won't start with Buddy
Other than JPK and McVeigh (If he is a DEF) and Jack (if he is a FWD) there aren't too many premo options for mine

Looking forward to the draft/trading period :)

Shaw & Goodes retired, Jetta going to the wild wild west, Pyke getting long in the tooth

There are other players I want to see out of our team ASAP but I don't think Horse would agree with me :drunk: , however spots are up for grabs in 2016.

I'm not sure how we will go trade wise but keep an eye on the following rookies:
James Rose (F)
- Looks close to best 22, hopefully that 34 he scored doesn't scale him up too much. Needs a haircut.
George Hewett (M) - Can play, was emergency a few times this year. Looks a like for like replacement for McVeigh long term.
Sam Naismith (R) - Was very, very close to playing this year but injuries kept him out. Signed 3 year deal this year and coaching staff rate him.
Aliir Aliir (D) - Athletically gifted, physically ready and with a lack of rebounding defenders and Shaw's retirement his time is now
Harry Marsh (D) - Gets talked up a lot each preseason, him and Aliir Aliir might be fighting for the same spot in backline.
Xav Richards (D) - If Ted or Reg get injured early next year he'll slot straight in

Notes
Hewett and Marsh made the NEAFLOL team of the year, which is a fair effort as our twos struggled badly this year.
Heeney will be an SC forward but IMO he'll spend more time in the midfield or possibly as a rebounding defender, I'm considering him as mid priced F4
I probably wont start with Hanners
I definitely won't start with Buddy
Other than JPK and McVeigh (If he is a DEF) and Jack (if he is a FWD) there aren't too many premo options for mine

Looking forward to the draft/trading period :)
What's your thoughts on Parker next year?
Will start off around $537k, 2015 av of 99.75 i think is unders for a contested ball player like him.
Can't see him getting tagged over Hanners or Jpk, but the argument is there that Hanners and Jpk got the attention this year over him so there's no real evidence to suggest his average will jump to 110+.
You'd think Tom Mitchell would be a walk up starter next year too so that another accumulator to share points with.
Think i just talked myself out of it haha.

What's your thoughts on Parker next year?
Will start off around $537k, 2015 av of 99.75 i think is unders for a contested ball player like him.
Can't see him getting tagged over Hanners or Jpk, but the argument is there that Hanners and Jpk got the attention this year over him so there's no real evidence to suggest his average will jump to 110+.
You'd think Tom Mitchell would be a walk up starter next year too so that another accumulator to share points with.
Think i just talked myself out of it haha.

Geez I how could I forget about Parker? :drunk::drunk:

Has to be considered if he is under 540k but there will be so much value in the mids next year...

He did spend time up forward this year, if he is a mid-fwd next year he would be a lock for me.

Parker named AA HF so we can only hope. What are peoples thoughs on Treloar, Sidebutt, Swan and Pendles? For me it's Pendles as a lock as always but sidebutt is tempting if he can stay injury free and will have the help of Treloar

Parker named AA HF so we can only hope. What are peoples thoughs on Treloar, Sidebutt, Swan and Pendles? For me it's Pendles as a lock as always but sidebutt is tempting if he can stay injury free and will have the help of Treloar

Parker was what?

Can't get excited about Sidebottom. His last 6 weeks were probably acceptable, but prior to that he was pretty putrid

If Collingwood aren't winning games then he's just not going to score 100s in a team with Treloar, Swan and obviously Pendlebury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back