The already planning for SC 2016 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disagree with rule 2, all the mid pricers were the better options to start with this year.

Docherty, Laird, Ibbotson, Roberton, Mcdonald, Picken Etc

Yeah and good luck if you had a crystal ball and managed to pick all those guys at the start of round 1. o_O

You're just as likely to pick spuds like Lumumba going by your theory. :rainbow:

No way will I ever gamble picking mid pricers up back ever again!

Who cares if the back premos you start the year off with lose value. You plan to keep them for the whole season regardless. :rainbow:

So your midfield will be GAJ, Watson, Prestia, Libba, OMeara, Crouch, DSwallow, Petracca?

Ablett, Prestia and maybe Libba are the only ones I can see being premo mids averaging over 110 out of that lot.

The rest will need upgrading as they simply wont be good enough as top 10-12 mids. :thumbsu:

Yeah and good luck if you had a crystal ball and managed to pick all those guys at the start of round 1. o_O

You're just as likely to pick spuds like Lumumba going by your theory. :rainbow:

Who cares if the back premos you start the year off with lose value. You plan to keep them for the whole season regardless. :rainbow:
Full rookie backline anyone? :drunk: Cray, cray or is there some logic in it?

Full rookie backline anyone? :drunk: Cray, cray or is there some logic in it?

There's never enough rookies up back to do that.

And even if there was you'd be so worried that a couple would get dropped or injured and then you are stuffed. LOL!

There's never enough rookies up back to do that.

And even if there was you'd be so worried that a couple would get dropped or injured and then you are stuffed. LOL!
Cash generation the name of the game, yeah I'm cray, cray. :drunk:
70k per rookie der...fender not the way to build a fast slick SC slaying machine.
Back to the drawing board for me.:cool:

Starting with 3 or 4 of the gold cost mids wont be all that bad.
In theory come bye rounds Omeara + Swallow will be a 90/95 average and be a good 1 trade for a fallen premo or and easy 2 trade to a super premo, then keep Gaz + Prestia.

I'll also be looking closely at Geelongs midfield as they are talking about a full re build. Stevey J may not get a contract, Motlop gone, Bartel another year older, Kelly a year older, possibly guys like Caddy/Lang will take the next step and be a 100+.

I'll also be looking closely at Geelongs midfield as they are talking about a full re build. Stevey J may not get a contract, Motlop gone, Bartel another year older, Kelly a year older, possibly guys like Caddy/Lang will take the next step and be a 100+.

Don't think Motlop will go anywhere.

Caddy will be too expensive to start with.

Would rather start off with Selwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting with 3 or 4 of the gold cost mids wont be all that bad.
In theory come bye rounds Omeara + Swallow will be a 90/95 average and be a good 1 trade for a fallen premo or and easy 2 trade to a super premo, then keep Gaz + Prestia.

Yeah you have a point but that's 2-4 trades you have to blow to upgrade O'Meara and Swallow to premos.

I'm trying to look at a team next year where it will be as few upgrades required as possible.

Yeah you have a point but that's 2-4 trades you have to blow to upgrade O'Meara and Swallow to premos.

I'm trying to look at a team next year where it will be as few upgrades required as possible.
It's tough to work out who those Mid-Pricers that turn into premos are going to be, not many people started with McDonald, Picken, Laird, Blicavs, Roberton etc. I guess it really comes down to luck, picking the right mid-pricers will give you a huge advantage over everyone else who has to waste trades to get them in for their under-performing mid-pricers.

True, will all come down to price I suppose. If there <350K then IMO thats worth a trade as they would be going up 150K or more.

I think Toby Green will be a great pick as well. If Treloar goes may get more of a midfield run and go back to 100+. Add this to a DPP and could be a good Dusty/Gray replacement.

It's tough to work out who those Mid-Pricers that turn into premos are going to be, not many people started with McDonald, Picken, Laird, Blicavs, Roberton etc. I guess it really comes down to luck, picking the right mid-pricers will give you a huge advantage over everyone else who has to waste trades to get them in for their under-performing mid-pricers.

Cripps (Y)

True, will all come down to price I suppose. If there <350K then IMO thats worth a trade as they would be going up 150K or more.

I think Toby Green will be a great pick as well. If Treloar goes may get more of a midfield run and go back to 100+. Add this to a DPP and could be a good Dusty/Gray replacement.

Love the Greene pick especially if he is mid/forward and Gray and Martin loose their DPP. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Adding Greene to my list. :thumbsu:

Never said you would pick everyone correctly. Picking 2 good decent mid pricers in your backline at the start of the year could be the difference and save you trades down the line. And if you picked Lubumba then you deserve to have no trades :rainbow:

Never said you would pick everyone correctly. Picking 2 good decent mid pricers in your backline at the start of the year could be the difference and save you trades down the line. And if you picked Lubumba then you deserve to have no trades :rainbow:

LOL!

Man make up your freaking mind. :rolleyes:

You are even saying in the part that I bolded that picking mid pricers and the right ones is a fluke/gamble. :drunk:

Point is even if you fluked it and picked 2 breakout mid pricers you would have picked 4-5 dud ones too and would have to trade them out.

Like I said good luck with that. :rainbow:

I'll go with the guns and rookies approach and if a breakout mid pricer proves himself then I will upgrade a rookie to him. :thumbsu:

And when Gold Coast have their bye your midfield will be decimated! :rainbow:
* the Byes. Planned for them all year and by the time they came around, I had 5 injured players on the bench anyway. Can upgrade the semi-Premos at that stage anyway.

Seriously though you would never have started with someone like Laird Jiska so rule no.2 in Judd Magics SC 10 Commandments still stands. :rainbow:
I wish I had. Got him after Round 2. Close enough.

IMO from my club Macrae will be the one to take the big step. 115+. The bloke is made for supercoach, he's a ball ****. Jet. Hope Bontempelli is a forward again.

Brodie Smith can average 150 in the preseason and I won't be touching him.

What I'm saying is do not load up on back men. Spend the money on mids, get 2 premium rucks, and fwds. That's where the points are. Even this year all the premiums apart from Shaw were garbage at the start of the year. so pick 1 premo, 3 mid price and the rest rookies in the backline, spend the money elsewhere and even if you get someone who is throwing out crap like 60-80 avg for the first few rounds at least you will have players in other positions who are hopefully scoring 110+.

Thanks for wishing me luck, did it this year and it payed off. Last year I spent big and it cost me too much money and trades. Just my imo and advice as to what has worked for me. Just cause you started a thread with your rules for next year doesn't mean we all have to sit back and say we agree. Good luck for the rest of the year.

**** the Byes. Planned for them all year and by the time they came around, I had 5 injured players on the bench anyway. Can upgrade the semi-Premos at that stage anyway.

I wish I had. Got him after Round 2. Close enough.

Round 2 is still a gamble with picking Laird.

I'd want to see half a season from a breakout player with no prior history in SC before I even considered him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back