The already planning for SC 2016 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm saying is do not load up on back men. Spend the money on mids, get 2 premium rucks, and fwds. That's where the points are. Even this year all the premiums apart from Shaw were garbage at the start of the year. so pick 1 premo, 3 mid price and the rest rookies in the backline, spend the money elsewhere and even if you get someone who is throwing out crap like 60-80 avg for the first few rounds at least you will have players in other positions who are hopefully scoring 110+.

Thanks for wishing me luck, did it this year and it payed off. Last year I spent big and it cost me too much money and trades. Just my imo and advice as to what has worked for me. Just cause you started a thread with your rules for next year doesn't mean we all have to sit back and say we agree. Good luck for the rest of the year.
There should be some decent DEF's next year. Boyd, McVeigh, Mitchell and Griffen should all get DPP.

What I'm saying is do not load up on back men. Spend the money on mids, get 2 premium rucks, and fwds. That's where the points are. Even this year all the premiums apart from Shaw were garbage at the start of the year. so pick 1 premo, 3 mid price and the rest rookies in the backline, spend the money elsewhere and even if you get someone who is throwing out crap like 60-80 avg for the first few rounds at least you will have players in other positions who are hopefully scoring 110+.

Thanks for wishing me luck, did it this year and it payed off. Last year I spent big and it cost me too much money and trades. Just my imo and advice as to what has worked for me. Just cause you started a thread with your rules for next year doesn't mean we all have to sit back and say we agree. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Disagree.

Think its better off starting with 4 set and forget defenders just like 4 set and forget forwards.

Mids there will be the injury discount fallen premium bargains that have scoring history that are more of a safer gamble like Prestia, Libba and even Watson, O'Meara and D.Swallow like Jiska has suggested but I still think you would have to eventually upgrade a few of them.

Also a big FU to the "you deserve to have no trades left for picking lolmumba" comment. :thumbsu:

There should be some decent DEF's next year. Boyd, McVeigh, Mitchell and Griffen should all get DPP.
If McVeigh was at a price like he is currently I would get him, if he's going to be 560k like he was this year no thanks. Would rather a gun mid and there is always plenty at that price. Mitchell would be the only one I would get at a high price. But definitely better options then this year.

If McVeigh was at a price like he is currently I would get him, if he's going to be 560k like he was this year no thanks. Would rather a gun mid and there is always plenty at that price. Mitchell would be the only one I would get at a high price. But definitely better options then this year.

Shaw, Mitchell, Boyd

3 handy defenders I would start off with right there for next year....

Gaz.rocky Sloane all burnmen but I'll prob start with those 3.
One of meatball and JOM.

Agree.

Ablett, Rockcliff and Sloane are the first 3 I pick next year despite blowing 9 trades on the campaigners this year.

Thought it was only 7 trades but its actually 9 that I have wasted on those tools. :cry::cry::cry:

No wonder I have no trades left. :rainbow:

Ablett - Out, In
Sloane - In, Out, In, Out
Rockcliff - In, Out, In

Last edited:
IMO from my club Macrae will be the one to take the big step. 115+. The bloke is made for supercoach, he's a ball ****. Jet. Hope Bontempelli is a forward again.

Brodie Smith can average 150 in the preseason and I won't be touching him.

Dont think libba will take his role/points come next year?

**** the Byes. Planned for them all year and by the time they came around, I had 5 injured players on the bench anyway. Can upgrade the semi-Premos at that stage anyway.
The death of Phil Walsh and that 1 game made me drop 10000 places due to Jacobs, Laird, Smith, Selwood
and a few injuries already being carried on the bench.
I only fielded 18 players that week, it was this and the byes from which I never
recovered. I was 14k before the byes and then all hell broke loose.
* the byes!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The death of Phil Walsh and that 1 game made me drop 10000 places due to Jacobs, Laird, Smith, Selwood
and a few injuries already being carried on the bench.
I only fielded 18 players that week, it was this and the byes from which I never
recovered. I was 14k before the byes and then all hell broke loose.
**** the byes!!

Yep.

The byes and sub rule have both made SC alot more un-enjoyable for me the last couple of years. :mad::thumbsdown:

At least the sub rule is farking gone next year.... :rainbow:

Disagree.

Think its better off starting with 4 set and forget defenders just like 4 set and forget forwards.

Mids there will be the injury discount fallen premium bargains that have scoring history that are more of a safer gamble like Prestia, Libba and even Watson, O'Meara and D.Swallow like Jiska has suggested but I still think you would have to eventually upgrade a few of them.

Also a big FU to the "you deserve to have no trades left for picking lolmumba" comment. :thumbsu:
The point he's trying to make is that there are no set and forget defenders other than Heath Shaw (add Hodgey which he missed)

McDonald, Rance. Houli, Picken, Murphy, Hurley, Higgins are the top 7 after Shaw. They weren't set and forgets preseason.

Petracca ran at 56 D/E% through his under 18 career, won't translate well to supercoach
That's not necessarily true at all, if he wins alot of contested possessions then a low DE% becomes somewhat neutralised. There are heaps of players better than Fyfe at disposing of the ball and don't get anywhere near his scores.

Petracca ran at 56 D/E% through his under 18 career, won't translate well to supercoach
At 130k or whatever he'll be and guaranteed to play each week in the midfield, he's cash cow enough for me.

Selwood will be one of my first picked next year. Will still only be 27 years old at the start of next season. No way he will have another mare year in 2016. Massive unders if priced at 100 average.

sel.JPG

Selwood will be one of my first picked next year. Will still only be 27 years old at the start of next season. No way he will have another mare year in 2016. Massive unders if priced at 100 average.

View attachment 157202
Yep. Especially if Dangerfield lines up beside him. Needs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back