The already planning for SC 2016 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the devastating year the crows have had, id be really surprised if Danger leaves adelaide.. They have bonded together pretty tightly over the last month
The tragic events will have little bearing on his decision. He's gone....and he knows it.

A side like this appeals:

Shaw, Hodge, Jaensch, meh, meh, meh
GAJ, Watson, Fyfe, Rocky, Libba, OMeara, Crouch, Prestia, DSwallow, Petracca
Mummy, Goldy
Gray, Swan, Goddard, Deledio, Gawn, Dusty

Should be able to fit inside the cap. Ruck and Forwards complete from Round 1. First five MIDs probably keepers. Would score very well from Week 1 with only the other 3 MIDs (OMeara, Crouch, Prestia) and 3 DEF needing upgrades.

Less cash generation obviously, but less needed with full Premo lines done and dusted. Could be a very rare SC season where teams are complete very quickly.

Mummy, Goldy

Should be able to fit inside the cap. Ruck and Forwards complete from Round 1. First five MIDs probably keepers. Would score very well from Week 1 with only the other 3 MIDs (OMeara, Crouch, Prestia) and 3 DEF needing upgrades.

Less cash generation obviously, but less needed with full Premo lines done and dusted. Could be a very rare SC season where teams are complete very quickly.
No way that side fits in the cap, and Goddard/Gawn/Swan/Hodge/Dusty could all lose their DPP. If possible though that is a very strong team.

No way that side fits in the cap, and Goddard/Gawn/Swan/Hodge/Dusty could all lose their DPP. If possible though that is a very strong team.
With injury discounts it would go very very close. Can't predict DPPs.

Agree. Jimmy & Duncan back also helps + Caddy also in good form ATM.

Selwood almost seems like a no brainer bargain replacement to me for Beams/Ablett. Price at 490k with 3 week break, coming off a 143 and playing in a midfield with Bartel/Duncan/Caddy helping him in a team looking at finals.

Mummy, Goldy

Swannys out of my side next year.. Buddy is in haha

Mummy, Goldy

Watson is cooked.

The point he's trying to make is that there are no set and forget defenders other than Heath Shaw (add Hodgey which he missed)

McDonald, Rance. Houli, Picken, Murphy, Hurley, Higgins are the top 7 after Shaw. They weren't set and forgets preseason.

If you can have a backline of Shaw, Simpson, Murphy and Gibson then why wouldn't you lock it in from the start?

Less chance of having to stuff around wasting trades on your backline then picking speculative picks and rookies who may get dropped!

I am basing this backline on Hodge losing his DPP too.

I like the thought of having this backline going into next season from day 1 -

H.Shaw, R.Murphy, Simpson, Gibson, Scharenberg, rookie (rookie, rookie)

If Boyd, McVeigh and S.Mitchell get DPP though I will pick those 3 with Shaw. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can have a backline of Shaw, Simpson, Murphy and Gibson then why wouldn't you lock it in from the start?

Less chance of having to stuff around wasting trades on your backline then picking speculative picks and rookies who may get dropped!

I am basing this backline on Hodge losing his DPP too.

I like the thought of having this backline going into next season from day 1 -

H.Shaw, R.Murphy, Simpson, Gibson, Scharenberg, rookie (rookie, rookie)

If Boyd, McVeigh and S.Mitchell get DPP though I will pick those 3 with Shaw. :thumbsu:
Gibson is ranked 12th if sorting by average, Simpson 14th. Or 15 and 27 sorted by points.

FWIW, I'd rather full Premo forwards ahead of full Premo backs, based purely on net scoring output.

Gibson is ranked 12th if sorting by average, Simpson 14th. Or 15 and 27 sorted by points.

FWIW, I'd rather full Premo forwards ahead of full Premo backs, based purely on net scoring output.

What I'm saying is that I'd prefer to start with 4 established backs rather than 4 speculative backs which all go Lolmumba on me and then I have to waste trades on trading them out.

I can still have 4 premo forwards too as there will be alot of value in the mids next year...... :rainbow:

What I'm saying is that I'd prefer to start with 4 established backs rather than 4 speculative backs which all go Lolmumba on me and then I have to waste trades on trading them out.

I can still have 4 premo forwards too as there will be alot of value in the mids next year...... :rainbow:
Yeah dunno. Lolmumba a funny risk to take given his history.

I started with Ibbotson who had a good track record, and waited until Round 2 and got Lairrrrrrdy GOAUS! based on what I saw first two rounds. Other than that, Gibbo and rookies.

You and I had a good discussion this time last year of starting a rookie backline. I still think that's a good option, go cheap down back. Worked for me this year. Other than Shaw and Hodge, none of the other "set and forget" types have backed up this year.

Yeah dunno. Lolmumba a funny risk to take given his history.

I started with Ibbotson who had a good track record, and waited until Round 2 and got Lairrrrrrdy GOAUS! based on what I saw first two rounds. Other than that, Gibbo and rookies.

You and I had a good discussion this time last year of starting a rookie backline. I still think that's a good option, go cheap down back. Worked for me this year. Other than Shaw and Hodge, none of the other "set and forget" types have backed up this year.

My mate went Shaw, Hodge, KK, McIntosh, Sadd and Oxley as his starting six.

Besides KK it was a guns and rookies approach which I think is good providing those 3 rookies are going to play every week.

Risky though if one or 2 get injured/dropped as there was Brown in the cheap back category and that's it.

Has paid off for him though as he is ranked 400 odd. :rainbow:

Goldy Mumford again for me.
I've had Mumford for part of this season, and part of last season. Thought he was going to be ok this year, then bam! Season over. He's a beast but you have to be prepared that he's going to burn you at some point.

I've had Mumford for part of this season, and part of last season. Thought he was going to be ok this year, then bam! Season over. He's a beast but you have to be prepared that he's going to burn you at some point.

Yeah no Mumford for me.

The guy is made out of spaghetti, just can't stay on the park for a whole season.

My philosophy for next year is simple: restrict myself to one, ok maybe 2, nights a week in BF.

I'm blaming nobody but myself, but I've allowed myself to become too much of a sheep and follow what everybody else was doing. It's left me with **** all trades left and what's looking to be my worst overall for the past 5 years.

Like I say, I blame nobody but myself, but geez- it's been a fun ride!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back