Movie The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks pretty interesting. Very different to the last series which I feel will be a good step. Really like Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. Also think this new Harry Osborne looks like he'll be very interesting.

A great trailer at the least. There's already rhino and electro and it looks like the goblin is at least introduced (apparently Harry will be the goblin, not Norman this time) so I hope it doesn't go villain mad like Spider-Man 3.

I want Carnage dammit!

I think we all want Carnage.

I think Venom is getting his own movie, would likely include Carnage in some way.

Very ordinary film overall with some good parts. Pretty much aimed directly for children which is a shame because they had some very good acting talent to work with.

Again more than half of what you see in the trailer isnt in the film just like the first time around which I find unusual coz those scenes seem better then what was in the film.

The main scene was done quite well though...

Oh the first two of the Raimi trilogy were better then this. They should really think about getting a new director for the next one but that wont happen.

Compare the likes of Electro, The Green Lolblin and 'Rhino' to Joker, Two-Face and Bane and it is easy to see why the Batman universe is far superior to Spiderman. I didn't mind this film, though. Had some cool action and special effects.

Thats fair enough but Marvel/Disney have made much better movies that included less interesting characters of which the perfect example is the latest captain america film. I just think there was so much potential for a really good spider-man movie, with the characters, plot, actors and it fell well short IMO.

I guess its just obvious Sony didn't care they just flashed the cash to get the stars, bring in the money and maintain the rights to the franchise.

Thought it was brilliant. Thought Electro's backstory was a bit generic, but the Peter/Gwen story was great.

Haven't seen a reaction in a cinema like that in years. If ever.

People openly crying. I've read the comics. As soon as Goblin showed up and looked at Gwen I instantly pictured that frame. And it probably made it worse for me. I was so tense during the whole thing thinking "don't let it happen, don't let it" and then...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand many people despising this film, as it is pretty much completely controlled by Sony and their stupid marketing. However I loved it, the action sequences were superb, I loved Hans Zimmer & Pharell's score of the film that complemented the action. Electro I admit was a bit of a mistep and a waste, but I loved DeHaan as Harry and thought that relationship with Peter was very interesting. Emma stone and Garfield were fantastic and their screen chemistry was irresistible, definitely made certain moments in the film that bit wrought with emotion.

Dislikes was the overuse of CGI, (I liked the combo of practical effects and CGI used in the Raimi films more tbh) but I expected this as the character involved in action scenes was primarily electro.

But I came out of the theatre having a blast with 2 and a half hours flying by fast. I still prefer the first 2 Raimi films however.

I can understand many people despising this film, as it is pretty much completely controlled by Sony and their stupid marketing. However I loved it, the action sequences were superb, I loved Hans Zimmer & Pharell's score of the film that complemented the action. Electro I admit was a bit of a mistep and a waste, but I loved DeHaan as Harry and thought that relationship with Peter was very interesting. Emma stone and Garfield were fantastic and their screen chemistry was irresistible, definitely made certain moments in the film that bit wrought with emotion.

Dislikes was the overuse of CGI, (I liked the combo of practical effects and CGI used in the Raimi films more tbh) but I expected this as the character involved in action scenes was primarily electro.

But I came out of the theatre having a blast with 2 and a half hours flying by fast. I still prefer the first 2 Raimi films however.
I'd probably say the films are pretty even, but that Garfield makes a much better Peter Parker/Spider-Man than Tobey Magurie.

I'd probably say the films are pretty even, but that Garfield makes a much better Peter Parker/Spider-Man than Tobey Magurie.
I pretty much hated the first The Amazing Spiderman. It was such a dull superhero film void of any sparkle, memorable moments or intrigue that I generally was disgusted (did anyone producing the film ever actually read who Kurt Connors is as a person?). This one I felt was a vast improvement even if it has a more messy plot. But I'd still put the first 2 Raimi films on top. Tobey Maguire is an inferior Peter Parker and Spiderman but I thought he served his role well, he was a good actor in the emotional clinches and could pull of spidey well enough. Garfield just feels more like Peter Parker and spiderman, which is something I obviously like.

I really enjoyed it.. How Awesome is Rhino??? hopefully he is in the 3rd movie.

Didn't we all go into the movie knowing what happened at the end??? I know I did.

I really enjoyed it.. How Awesome is Rhino??? hopefully he is in the 3rd movie.

Didn't we all go into the movie knowing what happened at the end??? I know I did.
As I said, I think knowing actually made it worse for me.

As I said, I think knowing actually made it worse for me.
It allowed me to understand why they did a lot of what they did during the movie. I hate a mate saying they were dragging it on a bit during the movie.

I don't know if made it worse or waiting to see if it did actually happen.

I really enjoy how he is more of the friendly neighborhood spider-man type. helping the kid getting bullied and so forth.

I liked the first one and really enjoyed this one. That Gwen Stacy's death scene I knew what was going to happen but damn right in the feels. Apparently they are doing a Venom film and Sinister Six film in the future which I think would be awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back