The articles thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A good read on Joe Hart's drop in form. Interesting to see he has had the most errors leading to goals of any PL keeper since the start of last season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8996818/say-it-aint-so-joe

Pretty concerning looking at last season's stats where 2 of the top 5 after Hart were keepers in relegated teams (Federici and Al Habsi). For a GK of a top 4 side, you would expect the quality of the team in front of them would ease the pressure on the GK to a degree so errors should (in theory) be fewer.

Not really sure where to post this, but I suspect most of us will agree with his thoughts:

Here’s what you have to do: select the most attractive, important or surprising games (which is not that hard after they have taken place) for extended highlights, then add all the goals, near-misses and controversial incidents from the rest. That’s it. Plus maybe a very short clip of managers’ comments after the top games.

Yet this tried, trusted and simple formula has been persistently fiddled with and subverted until parts of the programme have become unwatchable and viewers this season have been left in alternating states of bewilderment and fury as they try to make sense of the weekend’s events.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/29/premier-league-highlights-australia-football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-evans-cardiff-city-fans-7080458

Kreuuuzeurns Good article by one of your own.

Must say, I couldn't ask for better owners. They have paid off the substantial debt, they invest in the squad, they have invested in the youth squad (the club gaining Cat 1) and most importantly, they stay out of the way and let the football people do the football things.

They only ever show up at the ground for 2 or 3 games a year which works perfectly. They backed Pearson last year when everyone was screaming for his head. They got to celebrate recently with the team and you can tell the respect the players and management have for them!

Oh and on the last game day, he shouted everyone in the stadium a free beer! (Over 18 of course). What's not to love?! :drunk::thumbsu:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-evans-cardiff-city-fans-7080458

Kreuuuzeurns Good article by one of your own.

Must say, I couldn't ask for better owners. They have paid off the substantial debt, they invest in the squad, they have invested in the youth squad (the club gaining Cat 1) and most importantly, they stay out of the way and let the football people do the football things.

They only ever show up at the ground for 2 or 3 games a year which works perfectly. They backed Pearson last year when everyone was screaming for his head. They got to celebrate recently with the team and you can tell the respect the players and management have for them!

Oh and on the last game day, he shouted everyone in the stadium a free beer! (Over 18 of course). What's not to love?! :drunk::thumbsu:

I've never understood why it's good that owners don't attend many games? The Allams attend every game and that to me shows more support for the team.

I've never understood why it's good that owners don't attend many games? The Allams attend every game and that to me shows more support for the team.
More support than writing off over 100mil worth of debt the club owed him?

I wouldn't have a problem with them attending in the same way I respect their decision not to attend. They run very successful businesses out of Thailand and aren't always available for the games in any case.

More support than writing off over 100mil worth of debt the club owed him?

I wouldn't have a problem with them attending in the same way I respect their decision not to attend. They run very successful businesses out of Thailand and aren't always available for the games in any case.

Ah ok that answer that then, I thought you were saying it was good they stayed away.

Yep. They have no need to be in the media. They did come out recently and said we'd back Pearson in the transfer market.

The local media know that they won't interview them most of the year. They will have come out due to the city wide celebration going on.

I enjoy it when the Allam's come out and show their support for Bruce in general and in the transfer market, it's good for the fans to see the owners being so ambitious and positive. When they come out and rant then of course I hate that, but that's stopped since the FA made their decision. Each to their own I suppose.

I enjoy it when the Allam's come out and show their support for Bruce in general and in the transfer market, it's good for the fans to see the owners being so ambitious and positive. When they come out and rant then of course I hate that, but that's stopped since the FA made their decision. Each to their own I suppose.
We can tell the owners are ambitious and positive by what's happening on the pitch. Let the football people do the football thing.

I honestly wouldn't change our owners for anyone else's. They've been just about flawless since they took over and the club is in a much, much stronger position because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back