No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charging for use of a supplement with a tampered report and inconclusive analysis data was at best naive, and at worst stupid

So what are ASADA to do? Let them walk without being held accountable? You seem to have forgotten that it is essendon that brought this upon themselves. So it's not the perfect case to prosecute - ASADA should have thrown in the towel?!

So what are ASADA to do? Let them walk without being held accountable? You seem to have forgotten that it is essendon that brought this upon themselves. So it's not the perfect case to prosecute - ASADA should have thrown in the towel?!

It's like any prosecutor out there. You build a case, and if you have enough evidence you proceed. If you don't, you are just wasting time and money

As for asada, I think they should have done much more to lock down the validity of their supply chain than relying on a tampered test report.

So walk away it is then?

If the case is too weak

Why would you spend millions prosecuting a case you know is doomed to fail? Any responsible prosecutor should only proceed if they believe the case they are presenting is strong enough, not if they think the guy/girl is guilty

Fwiw I think asada thought they had a strong enough case, but I think they were sloppy in not focusing enough on locking down the supply chain, instead of their very strong focus on the club end of things. I also think the changes being made at asada will help moving forward. They need to become an investigation body that knows how to properly construct a case without a test report or a vial confirming doping, the circumstantial cases will be the norm moving forward.

If the case is too weak

Why would you spend millions prosecuting a case you know is doomed to fail? Any responsible prosecutor should only proceed if they believe the case they are presenting is strong enough, not if they think the guy/girl is guilty

Fwiw I think asada thought they had a strong enough case, but I think they were sloppy in not focusing enough on locking down the supply chain, instead of their very strong focus on the club end of things. I also think the changes being made at asada will help moving forward. They need to become an investigation body that knows how to properly construct a case without a test report or a vial confirming doping, the circumstantial cases will be the norm moving forward.

Of course ASADA thought they had a case. As did the big cheese from WADA who took down jones, Armstrong et al and gave them advice over the journey. The burden of proof set by the AFL tribunal was deemed too stringent by people with extensive Anti doping experience. Apparently Armstrong wouldn't have been convicted of it was the afl tribunal deliberating over that case. Regardless he gets his crack now and we'll soon* find out if the case stands up in the CAS.

I'm going to bail out of this discussion at this point because we are going round in circles...

Are you suggesting that the AFL tribunal was impartial?

If i'm not mistaken (and I might be), the same guys who let Essendon get off were the same guys who let Barry Hall play in that GF.

Up until I heard that, I thought they'd have put what's right above what's convenient for the AFL. Now I question whenther they acted impartially.

As for the Switzerland thing... i'm not surprised. If there was (say) shady stories about doping in gaelic football or Jai Alai and CAS happened to be based in Melbourne, you bet i'd be having the hearing away from their provincial little power centre.

WADA can't allow the Essendon loophole to be utilised by other cheats. Dope your players but keep no records and use a drug that can't easily be tested for. That loophole is going to get closed. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to see what is going to happen to Essendon.

If i'm not mistaken (and I might be), the same guys who let Essendon get off were the same guys who let Barry Hall play in that GF.

Up until I heard that, I thought they'd have put what's right above what's convenient for the AFL. Now I question whenther they acted impartially.

As for the Switzerland thing... i'm not surprised. If there was (say) shady stories about doping in gaelic football or Jai Alai and CAS happened to be based in Melbourne, you bet i'd be having the hearing away from their provincial little power centre.

WADA can't allow the Essendon loophole to be utilised by other cheats. Dope your players but keep no records and use a drug that can't easily be tested for. That loophole is going to get closed. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to see what is going to happen to Essendon.

Of course ASADA thought they had a case. As did the big cheese from WADA who took down jones, Armstrong et al and gave them advice over the journey. The burden of proof set by the AFL tribunal was deemed too stringent by people with extensive Anti doping experience. Apparently Armstrong wouldn't have been convicted of it was the afl tribunal deliberating over that case. Regardless he gets his crack now and we'll soon* find out if the case stands up in the CAS.

I'm going to bail out of this discussion at this point because we are going round in circles...

So does that mean that whenever the cops lose a case it's a situation of the burden of proof being too high. The cops and the prosecutors are peeps with extensive experience in their area, but they have one problem - just like asada and Wada - they view the evidence from the perspective of someone already convinced on the merits of the argument, not as someone who needs to be convinced.

Also what's with the bold? Can you discuss this without being aggressive?

The bold wasn't meant to be aggressive, I'm just on my phone and once it turned bold (after i bolded a part of your response) i couldn't work out how to Revert it back....

If I wanted to be aggressive I would have used caps ;)
Haha I know this bold part to be true!! Happened to me in my preview last week.
Welcome to the phone Nuffy club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's only the one guy who is a cas delegate in their legal team(we have very few in Australia)

And I said he is only advising them, so not sure why you felt the need to repeat what I already told you
Because i'm half irish i wanted to be sure to be sure.

ASADA believed they had a strong case . They thought they would provide the AFL with a opportunity to deal with the matter and I suspect to avoid further future tension by just going start to WADA . The end benefit by ASADA running the case is more is now known of what Essendon will try to use in it's defence .

Mate you said yourself that when Gilligan had the dinner with the BOYS you thought it was strange, the Fix was on, and WADA and ASADA knew and KNOW it, that's why they are taking it away from the reach of Australian press and interference.

Mate you said yourself that when Gilligan had the dinner with the BOYS you thought it was strange, the Fix was on, and WADA and ASADA knew and KNOW it, that's why they are taking it away from the reach of Australian press and interference.
Did you quote the wrong person because it was 74 that expressed his concerns over Gills romantic evening with the ess players.

Did you quote the wrong person because it was 74 that expressed his concerns over Gills romantic evening with the ess players.

No RFC says the AFL tribunal could not have been knobbled, the people on their were impartial

7 reporting that the B sample for Thomas and Keefe has come back as positive They apparently have known the outcome for a month

Saad (and his energy drinking mistake ) will be particularly interested in the outcome of this ( as too that guy in the VFL who copped 2 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back