No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you wearing your Essendon hat again. " everyone else was doing it"

not everyone, but we dont know how many

how about we start investigating the 12 non-EFC players that were seen by the ACC visiting Danks clinics?

or how about we do a full audit of danks books, and investigate every afl player who even bought zit cream from him?

or how about the blues who inquired about buying PEDs just for laughs?

or how about the clubs with connections to dank and robinson? and I mean a proper investigation, not a three day audit of 17 clubs

when you have a product recall, the first thing you do is build fencelines to limit the contagion. Only an idiot would think the number one aim of the AFL was to build a fenceline around EFC

as i said in the first months of this, i have concerns of PED use in our club. key tells are players who recover way too fast from injury, players who become strong men in one off season, and players who retire for no reason. we have at least three players I can think of who tick those boxes

This has been, and always will be bigger than EFC

it doesnt minimize or reduce the guilt or sanction EFC should face, but it underlines what ive been asking for since day one. a full independent and public audit of all 18 clubs and all players on a current AFL list.

not quite, even hawks fans say that Sammy is a bit of a campaigner off the field. Apparently he shines up well for the TV, but it a prick away from it

Also I reckon a lot of players are privately thinking thank god the AFL was involved in the joint investigation, and thank god the investigation didn't look beyond EFC
I think almost all players hate that it happened, but I also think that way more than you're suggesting think about their club/team the same way Mitchell does

The only reason Mitchell apologised was because his club would have made him

not quite, even hawks fans say that Sammy is a bit of a campaigner off the field. Apparently he shines up well for the TV, but it a prick away from it

Also I reckon a lot of players are privately thinking thank god the AFL was involved in the joint investigation, and thank god the investigation didn't look beyond EFC
Met Sam Mitchell on numerous occasions as a parcel driver, me not him :D, at Aussie Post and found him to be a friendly and down to earth bloke, no airs about him at all.

not everyone, but we dont know how many

how about we start investigating the 12 non-EFC players that were seen by the ACC visiting Danks clinics?

or how about we do a full audit of danks books, and investigate every afl player who even bought zit cream from him?

or how about the blues who inquired about buying PEDs just for laughs?

or how about the clubs with connections to dank and robinson? and I mean a proper investigation, not a three day audit of 17 clubs

when you have a product recall, the first thing you do is build fencelines to limit the contagion. Only an idiot would think the number one aim of the AFL was to build a fenceline around EFC

as i said in the first months of this, i have concerns of PED use in our club. key tells are players who recover way too fast from injury, players who become strong men in one off season, and players who retire for no reason. we have at least three players I can think of who tick those boxes

This has been, and always will be bigger than EFC

it doesnt minimize or reduce the guilt or sanction EFC should face, but it underlines what ive been asking for since day one. a full independent and public audit of all 18 clubs and all players on a current AFL list.
Do you honestly believe we have had PED use at our club?

we had at the club in the Wallace days, remember the skinny half back flankers we had who became monsters.

we had at the club in the Wallace days, remember the skinny half back flankers we had who became monsters.
There are plenty of skinny blokes who smash the weights and legal supplements that become monsters as well though mate. I was wondering if rfctig knew something I was missing.

There are plenty of skinny blokes who smash the weights and legal supplements that become monsters as well though mate. I was wondering if rfctig knew something I was missing.

I should have rolled my eyes.........

Justin Charles.
Nathan Brown was a client of Shane Charter.
When you have players show up with tree trunk legs you have to raise an eyebrow.

You'd be naive to believe the club is 100% clean, but i doubt it's as widespread as Essendon.

I should have rolled my eyes.........
If you know some things I don't about a subject could you help enlighten me instead of making fun of me please, no harm in not knowing as much about a subject as another person.
Justin Charles.
When you have players show up with tree trunk legs you have to raise an eyebrow.

You'd be naive to believe the club is 100% clean, but i doubt it's as widespread as Essendon.
I remember Charles, how could you forget really. Cheers for that on browny, I did not know that :)

If you know some things I don't about a subject could you help enlighten me instead of making fun of me please, no harm in not knowing as much about a subject as another person.

I remember Charles, how could you forget really. Cheers for that on browny, I did not know that :)

Not having a go at you mate, I don't think that we are entirely clean, but it isn't club organised like the cheats, the cats on the other hand have question marks against them, sudden improvement in 07 look at the physiques as well of the cats back then.

The AFL wants all this to go away, the genie is out of the bottle.

Not having a go at you mate, I don't think that we are entirely clean, but it isn't club organised like the cheats, the cats on the other hand have question marks against them, sudden improvement in 07 look at the physiques as well of the cats back then.

The AFL wants all this to go away, the genie is out of the bottle.
Jesus I hope that is not the case, that would seriously affect the way I look at the game if it is proven to be widespread and the cheats were just thrown under the bus to try to stop it there. I have all ways believed that the teams like Geelong in their dominant period were great for their work ethic and while I don't like them I do have a great deal of respect for them.

Justin Charles.

Charles was an individual choice and irrelevant to the whole Essendon saga, I understand that all clubs kept records of any supplement programs and were scrutinised by the AFL, any subsequent breaches, like Collingwood, are not club sanctioned as Essendon's was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when JON turned into a Brownlow winning, contested ball winning animal. Oh wait that was Jab

What a terrible, terrible mess

I'd not be surprised to see the club get close to imploding (publicly) in the nearish term.

If Dank appeals, that will pause CAS and delay everything into 2016 and even beyond.

Life sentence for these players. It'll be a footballing generation before they can move on.

I have a couple of mates who are longtime Dons fans and they are just so disillusioned and disheartened it is shocking to see. They are done.

Hird really is a nasty piece of work. Very very ordinary bloke

A club run supplement/doping program is way different to a bunch of fellas taking behind the shed shortcuts.

Sure we all sense chronologically the Hawks, Eagles, Lions...all these were another time and place tho. ASADA got serious in 2006.

The Cats might, I stress might, have done something mid 2000's...but no way the Pies and Hawks could have gotten back into this game...the feelers are out. We are talking about a club acquired, all list regime here.

The whole concept here is that a player doesn't need to call ASADA if he takes only what the club subscribes...it's the "fail safe"
system the AFL felt would keep the vast majority of the players out of strife.

The Don's kicked off an at best utterly reckless program...it's not at all hard to see how it could have jumped the shark. I don't care who did it in the past...that gives none of us the right to do it in the future...in 2011, 18 clubs had a supplement regime to plan and execute...1 club pushed the go button on something that has already found them BTGID

Lol they are talking about Mitchell getting sanctioned for nothing more than a work site sledge. He didn't say you are a coloured catholic homo to Hibberd...it was a simple you aren't up to it chump, go and get some more of the good stuff...with arm movement...I lol'ed.

A. Goodes can bird the Tiger Cheer Squad, belt out a war dance unannounced to the Blues Cheer Squad, use a fella's bag to pull himself off the ground and spend the last 2 years sniping and diving...Offal says all good or saw nothing sorry

Jimmy comes out and says the whole schmoozle of 2013 ongoing is nothing more than media propoganda...Offal stays silent.

I know in my mind what's worse here.

I think almost all players hate that it happened, but I also think that way more than you're suggesting think about their club/team the same way Mitchell does

The only reason Mitchell apologised was because his club would have made him

Of course he only apologised because he was told to

As for the purity of sport, you'd be surprised. They did a survey once of Olympic athletes. Question was would you take a supplement that would guarantee you gold, could never be detected, but would shorten your life by 10-20 years.

90% said they would take it

We had Justin Charles to start with

More recently though? Yeah, I think the math would show all clubs have had at least one

It's an elite sport with the financial ability to pay for stuff, and a strong culture of medication and illicit drug use. And that's before the strong incentive to actually take the stuff

Charles was an individual choice and irrelevant to the whole Essendon saga, I understand that all clubs kept records of any supplement programs and were scrutinised by the AFL, any subsequent breaches, like Collingwood, are not club sanctioned as Essendon's was.

You only keep records for what you administer personally though

For years Olympic coaches have been doing what Melbourne did with Trengove, referrals.

They tell the aspiring athlete they will never make it at their current size, and they need to do more off field to improve their chances. They are then say others in the squad have had great success working privately with this guy, and they walk away

Not a single instruction to use peds, no peds supplied, but the player is basically told get on the program or you're out

Agree with the earlier poster, efcs issue on this regard was being too stupid or naive or arrogant to think doing it openly on the windy hill oval was not gunna raise eyebrows

One of those Facebook-run baking businesses made this... Will need to get one for my Essendon-supporting best mate's next birthday.

Mj3aH3s.jpg

Of course he only apologised because he was told to

As for the purity of sport, you'd be surprised. They did a survey once of Olympic athletes. Question was would you take a supplement that would guarantee you gold, could never be detected, but would shorten your life by 10-20 years.

90% said they would take it
Listen to him not once did he say I'm sorry, he said it wasn't a good thing and inappropriate but I didn't hear the word sorry or an apology, listen to him closely , unless there have been further comments by Mitchell.

Listen to him not once did he say I'm sorry, he said it wasn't a good thing and inappropriate but I didn't hear the word sorry or an apology, listen to him closely , unless there have been further comments by Mitchell.

Gotta live media managed apologies. My fav is the "I apologise if my statement caused anyone any offence" :p

Fwiw though for me this is a total non issue. Players have said much worse than this and we move on. People comparing it to racism are kidding themselves

The inference being what?!?...that other teams and players took drugs?!?!?...come on man where is the proof of that..?!?!
You come hard at other posters...including myself...with where is the proof?!?! Where is yours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back