No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is.. where is the money coming from for all these payouts and court fees ect. Surely the club will be in massive debt..?

Payouts - members and coteries

Legal fees - insurance (although this might change if the wada appeal is successful)

What I don't get is.. where is the money coming from for all these payouts and court fees ect. Surely the club will be in massive debt..?

AFL Dividends, the money is coming from the game, from you me everybody

Hardwick wouldn't spend this long building with the support of the club and leave at the beginning of the window to go to a club that I think will now be minimum 10 years off it. That'd be crazy.
Sure they might approach him, but Hardwick won't be Dons coach anytime soon.

Couldn't agree more, but I reckon it's likely they'd sound him out...and offer him shitloads.

Couldn't agree more, but I reckon it's likely they'd sound him out...and offer him shitloads.

This is the same Essendon who told him he had no idea following his last interview when he said their list needed regenerating..

Some prospective coach will tell them what they want to hear... that once this WADA thing blows over they're just a couple of draft picks and some shrewd trades away from challenging for a flag, and they'll be signing on the dotted line quicker than you can say "Jay Neagle"

Hird deserved what he copped, but in all seriousness the Bummers board is weak as piss. Weaker than a malnourished ballerina.

This whole ASADA fiasco is potentially 2 months from being over if the WADA appeal fails - which it probably will. Why the f*** would you keep Hird around for 3 years but sack him right before the finishing line?

I will laugh my absolute rear end off at the Bummers board if the WADA appeal fails. But if the appeal succeeds i guess i'll be laughing either way though.

Hird deserved what he copped, but in all seriousness the Bummers board is weak as piss. Weaker than a malnourished ballerina.

This whole ASADA fiasco is potentially 2 months from being over if the WADA appeal fails - which it probably will. Why the f*** would you keep Hird around for 3 years but sack him right before the finishing line?

I will laugh my absolute rear end off at the Bummers board if the WADA appeal fails. But if the appeal succeeds i guess i'll be laughing either way though.
I guess the board decided better late than never to get rid of a bloke who was incompetent at his job. 3 years later than everyone else but they got there. :D

May have been the fact 17 other clubs fans were hoping he'd stay that switched the light bulb on for them :D

Yeah don't know about that, those players are shitting themselves for a reason, Watson didn't have a complete breakdown because he believes he has done nothing wrong, there is no AFL to help them this time, WADA don't appeal or put their best men on the case if it's a lost cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the board decided better late than never to get rid of a bloke who was incompetent at his job. 3 years later than everyone else but they got there. :D

May have been the fact 17 other clubs fans were hoping he'd stay that switched the light bulb on for them :D

True that but surely if they had the balls to keep him for the 3 years you'd think they'd see it through just another 2 months until the ASADA crap is over (in the courts anyway). Even though it's the right move the club still looks weak as piss for doing it right now at this time. Guess they're screwed either way :) Ahhh both the Bummers and Carltank both down the shitter for the next 3-5 years - what a time to be alive :D

Yeah don't know about that, those players are shitting themselves for a reason, Watson didn't have a complete breakdown because he believes he has done nothing wrong, there is no AFL to help them this time, WADA don't appeal or put their best men on the case if it's a lost cause.

Absolutely correct, yes it is a pissant competition, but it's in a countries top sport big scalp

True that but surely if they had the balls to keep him for the 3 years you'd think they'd see it through just another 2 months until the ASADA crap is over (in the courts anyway). Even though it's the right move the club still looks weak as piss for doing it right now at this time. Guess they're screwed either way :) Ahhh both the Bummers and Carltank both down the shitter for the next 3-5 years - what a time to be alive :D

Very good point.

1. Sacking him won't make this go away right now
2. In a couple of months it'll either:
- Be over (he can coach without any excuses and they find out what he's got)
- They lose players for 1-2 years (no other coach will want to coach... might as well keep Hird until the club is 'clean' again).

Doesn't make any sense sacking him now... unless it's done after a massive loss for legal reasons.

Very good point.

1. Sacking him won't make this go away right now
2. In a couple of months it'll either:
- Be over (he can coach without any excuses and they find out what he's got)
- They lose players for 1-2 years (no other coach will want to coach... might as well keep Hird until the club is 'clean' again).

Doesn't make any sense sacking him now... unless it's done after a massive loss for legal reasons.

Agree and if the appeal succeeds and the players get done they could then sack for cause. And save $1m in payouts.

081561-e7ce8686-4583-11e5-ac0e-632009ba126e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back