The Ashes

Unless we bowl them out for about 150, Clarke won't follow on. He will go bat & give the bowlers a break. The follow on would be very funny though haha

With the rain that is apparently forecast I don't know if Clarke would risk batting again and not giving the bowlers long enough to get them all out again.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bat for about 45 minutes this morning to get a lead of 420-430 then send them in.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Literally nobody has ever successfully chased down 420 in the history of test cricket.

We can't afford to be too conservative. Already 1 down in the series and rain is forecast.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The weather forecast looks alright from what I can see...

Bat 'til lunch, then give the blowers five sessions to get it done.
Problem with this is apart from the one session when we got 4-40 wickets have been falling at a more consistent 1 and a bit per session all match. I'm not sure if five sessions will be enough. It should be if we are disciplined. makes for an exciting finish and an extremely tired boy....

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rogers didn't look great at all. Hope he's ok.

In other news, they've gone too far already. 462 in front. Declare and bowl them out already. If they draw by a wicket or 2 I'll be filthy.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Rogers didn't look great at all. Hope he's ok.

In other news, they've gone too far already. 462 in front. Declare and bowl them out already. If they draw by a wicket or 2 I'll be filthy.

I reckon keep those pommy gits out in the field for a bit longer. If nothing else to see Marsh slog some runs.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rogers will probably have to retire effective immediately if it is concussion related. Which means we will have to find a new opener for the next test.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, Marsh covered for Rogers in the previous series when he got concussed.

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was a Test match at Lord's two months ago.

The Poms scored 478 in their second innings v New Zealand.

Cook batted for 9 hours and scored 162, Root made 84, Stokes 101 off 92 balls and Ali 43.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Against NZ haha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahaha.

Good one Youmewe.

Unless that Ewe on the end of your name is some kind of kiwi code? In that case. Unlucky.

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Against NZ haha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahaha.

Good one Youmewe.

Unless that Ewe on the end of your name is some kind of kiwi code? In that case. Unlucky.
The Kiwis had Boult (ICC world ranking no.3 (and he took 5/85 in that innings)) and Southee (no.10) in that team.

Johnson is ranked no.7, Starc no.17 and Hazlewood no.21.

I know they won't win, but we really do need to get Cook early.

Last edited:
Back