The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 rookie draft pick and 1 PSD pick left, could use the PSD pick to upgrade a rookie.

Finalises our list doesn't it? Or do we still have the #1 pick in PSD?

Hope we snare O'Kearney with pick 1 in the rookie draft
1 rookie draft pick and 1 PSD pick left, could use the PSD pick to upgrade a rookie.
How do you guys think your forward line will line up in round one?

HF: Thomas Jaksch Wright
FF: C.Curnow Casboult Smith
Think Curnow might have to play a key role from the get go, Everitt will def be in there too. Don't see Clem Smith starting either. For me:

HF: Thomas Curnow Wright
FF: Armfield Casboult Everitt

Think Curnow might have to play a key role from the get go, Everitt will def be in there too. Don't see Clem Smith starting either. For me:

HF: Thomas Curnow Wright
FF: Armfield Casboult Everitt
Curnow looks like he is carrying a bit of 'baby weight' I think he'll be eased in as a 3rd tall. Forgot about Everitt he'd come in probably for Curnow in fact. If we get 12-15 games out of him next season it will be a good year. Big years for Jaksch and Smith. Both have talent to burn, commitment, their body & confidence the only things holding them back

Curnow looks like he is carrying a bit of 'baby weight' I think he'll be eased in as a 3rd tall. Forgot about Everitt he'd come in probably for Curnow in fact. If we get 12-15 games out of him next season it will be a good year. Big years for Jaksch and Smith. Both have talent to burn, commitment, their body & confidence the only things holding them back
Jaksch definitely needs to show something, apparently still looking a bit on the skinny side for a tall in pre-season. Hope they give Smith a chance but he didn't impress me much last season (albeit mostly with cameo appearances), wonder if the removal of the sub rule will lower his game time.

Clem Smith didnt look like much chop last year at all
Like JD said he only got a few appearances as the sub (and one where he was sub but came on in the 1st after an injury) but I agree he looked very raw. Needs to put on some muscle but he did show a bit of pace and the odd sign of X factor that showed he could be something. Hoping he develops into a Brad Hill type player (fingers thoroughly crossed :D).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finalises our list doesn't it? Or do we still have the #1 pick in PSD?

Hope we snare O'Kearney with pick 1 in the rookie draft
Just grabbed Jesse Glass-McCasker at Pick 1 (Saints got O'Kearney), another tall defender, stocking up!

Doggies took Adcock, Magpies rookied Josh Thomas and Lachlan Keefe, North giving Majak another go, no takers for Crowley.

Picked up Gach Nyuon, promoted Tippa from the VFL and brought in Tom Wallis.

Very happy with how our drafting has gone in terms of filling gaps.
Saw a few Essendon VFL games last year and thought he was no good! Looked lazy and seemed like he ran to poor spots a lot of the time too. Surprised you drafted him

Saw a few Essendon VFL games last year and thought he was no good! Looked lazy and seemed like he ran to poor spots a lot of the time too. Surprised you drafted him
Interesting, the VFL watchers on our board are happy we got him. Needs to work on his tank but there's plenty there.

A bit of disappointment we didn't draft Daniel Coghlan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back