The Australian Dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh bugger, and you had me believin too!!:straining::(

87738_497e0583db583bb3afb8b12add664886.jpg

Damn, ruined my morning!

We have tried everything bringing our indigenous cousins back into 'the tent' and they still hate us.
You're pretending that "we" have tried all sorts of positive and helpful things to bring "them" into our society.

Trouble is, that their is no one mass of "them" nor of "we". "Our" society might not be what "they" all want. When you take over a land and (to put it simplistically) wipe out half its people it takes more than a few Centrelink payments to put things right.

Go read the ops of both and go look at why this was started for one.
I have.
The first one is clearly a religious nutter and there's no shortage of them in the community from all religious persuasions, many of whom are far more radical than him.
The other apart from being an ex ADF imposter and there's also plenty of them around including on BF, is clearly anti Islam but I don't see that he's in any position to do much about it other than rant and rave.

Funny how the OP in the other thread calls it "The Australian Dilemma" as if there is something particularly Australian about it. It reads more like someone who isn't actually from Australia or who is trying to imply something without saying it explicitly. I wonder what an 'Australian' looks like to that OP...

Education is a pat answer. Correct, but it can be a bit of a motherhood statement unless you get down into it. For me we need to educate people on being cynical about the information they find online and the way they correlate it to their personal experience. Of course, The Australian was complaining just last week about Universities teaching students to question those with power, so we should probably make sure people are cynical about mainstream media too and from a younger age than University.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back