The average fan thinks...

Remove this Banner Ad

That Inside 50's are over-rated. Seriously, who gives a s**t how many times the ball goes inside 50. It's no use if you don't get a scoring shot. Could have 40 Inside 50's a game but whats the point if you only have like 5 scoring shots.

Sometimes players do make mistakes that the average spectator wouldn't. There's a lot of pressure obviously but most people could easily take that mark that Clint Young dropped for example.
Maybe before playing a game of AFL intensity football. Most people would be taking from the back of an ambulance if they had to take it at the end.

That a multi-pronged forward line is boring as s**t. Full forwards kicking bags every week is much more entertaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That professional footy players should be able to kick straighter from set shots.

I absolutely believe that to be the case, maybe I am an average fan after all.........

That Inside 50's are over-rated. Seriously, who gives a s**t how many times the ball goes inside 50. It's no use if you don't get a scoring shot. Could have 40 Inside 50's a game but whats the point if you only have like 5 scoring shots.

Most average melbourne fans agree with this statement

So.....are youtrying to tell me that Gary Ablett isn't "elite"? If you are correct, then I struggle to comprehend what an "elite" player would be like :drunk:
Then you're an average fan.

Especially the one's where the ball just spills over the 50 metre line and the opposition mops it up straight away. Also 50 metres is a pretty arbitrary number.

Good SuperCoach scores makes good footballers.

If you actually understand what goes into determining said scores, and then look at who regularly scores highly, it pretty much always correlates with who the best and most impactful players are "to the eye".

Can't think of too many players who regularly score highly in SuperCoach who aren't genuinely impactful, influential players. To be fair, it might favour or more highly reward attacking and forward-moving play than some would like, but that's the whole point of the game of football - to move the ball forward and kick goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back