The Beer Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just cracked open that bottle of premo beer. Holy s**t, it is the dead set best beer I have tasted in my life, ever. It's so much better than beer it tastes like $300 wine. The bubbles are so fine it's creamy, I swear to god, the champagne comparison was dead set on the money, you could not describe it any better. It's just like clear bear champagne.

Drank it out of a pint glass. Imagine Little Creatures Pale Ale with a really relaxed tang and an oh so light finish. It's got the body of Guiness/Kilkenny, but not so full on. Got the creamy carbonation of the Nevada Pale Ale, and instead of the punchy passionfruit of a LCPA, it's got this really mellow champagne flavour.

****ing swear to god it's the best beer I've ever tasted. I don't like most champagnes, but this s**t is like beer tasting champagne.

It really puts a huge perspective on LCPA, I didn't mind it before, but I wouldn't fork out $80 a carton for it before, after drinking this stuff, I would pay that price and mix the pour.

Yah, so it tastes like Champagne.

Champagne

Champagne...........

I really like beer tasting champagne now.

Alot. :eek:

So good.

Going to buy a carton of LCPA and that Nevada Pale Ale s**t on the weekend, and see if I can reptile the taste. Might take a couple of fiddles but hey, I wont complain.

Will buy a carton of this s**t and drink it like a glutonous pig if we ever happen to win the flag. If you have enough desposable income, I'd recommend a massive session on this stuff, you wont regret it.

GET ON IT, NOW!!!!!!!!!

Bought a stubbie of the Pepperjack to have with dinner, and honestly, I don't know if I got a bad one, but something wasn't right about it.

There was no crispness to it at all, it almost tasted as if the beer was flat. Best way to describe it, is the opposite to how some spirits can be too sharp. I can understand if it was intentionally designed to be a bit less gassy, but it felt like a little bit too much. If you're drinking beer, that bubbles help deliver some of the really sharp tastes, and this had none of that.

It had a kind of winey (red) taste to it (but perhaps that was a placebo, seeing how it's from the Barossa).

Wouldn't say it was a bad beer, I probably really like the flavour of it, but just the flatness of it really didnt feel right from a beer, I suppose because of that though, you could probably jump back and forth with red wine, and not regret it.

Seeing how it's made in winemakers country, I think it's a beer made to go with a nice red blooded meal, not necessarily made to be drank on its own. It'd go down well at a dinner party if you've managed to train the missus well enough to cook a good mellow red meat main.

Like those *ers on ABC, I give it 3.5/5.

It had a kind of winey (red) taste to it (but perhaps that was a placebo, seeing how it's from the Barossa).

It was no placebo. They mix a "generous portion of shiraz juice" into it.

It's not too bad and I pretty much agree with everything you said but I think you may have got a flat one as I can't recall it being as flat as you've described and I've had a couple. I could be wrong though.

Just had a pub lunch at the Royal today. Since it was pay day yesterday I thought I wouldn't worry about the bank account as usually lunches around here are pretty expensive. Anyway I ended up going the steak and a pint of Colonial Indian Pale Ale.

Worst $12 i've ever spent.
I/m not one to not finish a beer, but jeezus, this thing tasted like it was scooped from a mud pit in Calcutta. Absolutely fetid beer. I've previously enjoyed their Pale and Witbier, but this was absurd, rotten stuff.

So, so dissapointed and upset by this finding..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HPIM2540.JPG

Coopers 150th Year Celebration Ale = Delicious

Magic Hat "Not Quite Pale Ale" = Quite possibly the best beer i have ever tasted

Just had a pub lunch at the Royal today. Since it was pay day yesterday I thought I wouldn't worry about the bank account as usually lunches around here are pretty expensive. Anyway I ended up going the steak and a pint of Colonial Indian Pale Ale.

Worst $12 i've ever spent.
I/m not one to not finish a beer, but jeezus, this thing tasted like it was scooped from a mud pit in Calcutta. Absolutely fetid beer. I've previously enjoyed their Pale and Witbier, but this was absurd, rotten stuff.

So, so dissapointed and upset by this finding..

I've made that mistake previously. Working in East Perth, we occasional head down to The Royal whenever we feel like enjoying a view whilst we set our wallets on fire. I generally stick with the Pale, but I was standing in front of the IPA tap thinking 'Ooooh IPA? I love IPAs!' I've never tasted anything that was scraped out of a mud pit in Calcutta, but it certainly wasn't the greatest tasting IPA I've ever had.

When in Vietnam, drink Biere Larue.

This conclusion has been reached after extensive research over a period of 19 months and at severe detriment to my liver!

So be thankful, you bastards.

A full report on Japanese beverages is about to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back