The best footy player in the riverina

Remove this Banner Ad

Please rename thread Blair Campbell.
He won the RFL Best and Fairest and RFL is the premier competition in the league.
Thats on this years results, stop living in the past, yes he was very good when he won the Canberra League B&F but isnt as good as he was back then!
McDonald at his best would be top5 easy but on this years form he would struggle to make the midfield at a middle of the range RFL club ie Turvey Park. They have the Campbell brothers, Donaldson (RFL Captain), Hooker, Thorpe even young Keenan Hannigan and talls such as Cerato Elliot and Byrne have had outstanding seasons.
Players who are all better than Mcdonald has been this year:
Christen Mcpherson, Rankin and Luke Habel from GGGM while Priest and Miller have been stand outs as has Jackson for the boys at the Den. Eddie Sullivan, Hall and Hodge have been great for Leeton while Burdon Hetherington and Heath have all had better years then McDonald. The current boys at Mango would also keep McDonald on a forward flank, mainly being kahlefeldt, turner and geoffrey spriggs. Even Bigfootys on Foley2008 and RFL Ressies would make life hard for McDonald if he was trying to get a game at Mango :)

Nothing against McDonald but RFL is obviously better.
Blair Campbell deserves RFL B&F and the tag as the best footy player in the riverina

haha youve got 2 be joking cb....mcdonald is clearly the best player in the riverina...yes the rfl is the premier league in the riverina but mcdonald would easily be the premier midfielder in any rfl team. haha obviously a biased opnion in the last post towards turvey all those player come nowhere near mcdonald yes the campbells and donaldson are good player but cannot read the play or have the supreme skills to do some of the magical things the mcdonald does.. this is not a biased opinion just the opinion i have after seeing almost all the premier players in the region

mcdonald, like many ex rfl players, left the rfl because he wasnt quite up to it. now in the farrer league and is once again up to it. not a biased opinion? you bought this thread up buddy.
next thing we know and paul hindmarsh will be better then campbell :eek:

mcdonald, like many ex rfl players, left the rfl because he wasnt quite up to it. now in the farrer league and is once again up to it. not a biased opinion? you bought this thread up buddy.
next thing we know and paul hindmarsh will be better then campbell :eek:
hahaha mae i brought this thread up 2 wonder wat other peoples opinions were but i see your opinion is totally rubbish and biased....and for the record mcdonald left the rfl 2 be coached by matt carroll the best coach in the riverina

nah your not biased to the rock at all.
shane lenon mate, he is the man when it comes to development squads and furthering peoples careers.
there is more to riverina football then victoria park.
even ask the rock faithful and they will say mcdonald is not the best in the riverina (only in the safety of their own homes i may add)
so put ur pants back on and delete the images of nathan and let other posters contribute :thumbsu:

what a joke, mcdonald has been named in comparison to a 15 yr old 16 yr old kid in heenigan???? was he joking? he was implying that mcdonald wouldn't get a game in the midfield whilst this kid was running through?
you people still believe rfl is head and shoulders above farrer even after the 5 point victory in the rep game?
gullie would smash any team in the riverina, and aitken is head and shoulders above others in that team, therefore he is the best in the riverina

please delete this thread before he reads this!!!! :p I think this question will get answered by people according to which club they have seen the most of... which is fair enough. Of course Turvey people will say Blair or Donno while GGM will say fatso or rankin. For me in my time in footy young Nigel has been a stand out, i've seen him at his blistering best and have also seen him play like poo (on rare occasions)... IMO - I think he'd still have most peoples measure around these parts im afraid ;)

Brad Langtry??? you gotta be jokin arent ya ive seen him play plenty nd rarely gets a kick!! Wade Archibald is up there with the best when he aint injured

are we talking past or present
doesnt really matter because every name mentioned on this site you could not possibly name the best player in the riverina
are u talking riverina football league or riverina.

yeah i true none of em are brendan hay seen him play in the un16s grand final BOG his on track for been the best in a few years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i true none of em are brendan hay seen him play in the un16s grand final BOG his on track for been the best in a few years

Still a fair chance he is not the best player in the Riverina at 16!!! And good to see the internet has made it to Coolamon! welcome Hoppers!:thumbsu:

Brad Langtry??? you gotta be jokin arent ya ive seen him play plenty nd rarely gets a kick!! Wade Archibald is up there with the best when he aint injured

thats a big call im sure moist might have something to say about that! lol at Archibald he goes alrite but there are a lot of better players out there.

too bad your U16s hoppers side didnt make the GF hey jackson? maybe you coulda had a BOG medal hanging around your neck.

yes jackson bad luck about your 16s not making the grand final, but on that same weekend your goal finished mangos season right?
hoppers15 on the rare occasion brendan hay gets the pill have you seen his woeful disposal?

anyone seen the DA today? jarrod gornall must have been reading this thread, labels mcdonald arguably the best player in the riverina! going to be a great game this saturday at maher oval!

yes jackson bad luck about your 16s not making the grand final, but on that same weekend your goal finished mangos season right?
hoppers15 on the rare occasion brendan hay gets the pill have you seen his woeful disposal?

anyone seen the DA today? jarrod gornall must have been reading this thread, labels mcdonald arguably the best player in the riverina! going to be a great game this saturday at maher oval!
fair enough brendan hay with hes bad disposal was battling a bad foot injury all season
yeah should be great game at maher on the weekend brendan you gunna be there

good luck to mcdonald tomoroww hopefully this thread isnt putting him off his usual sensational game. i will be counting his possies and his direct opponents possies!

although wishing i could be on the couch I will make do with sitting with some of the rock faithful while cheering loudly for the gullie! this may change if the rock have a sizeable lead and in this case I will sit near some gullie faithful and barrack for the hot pies!

jarrod gornall on his day when not injured would be right up there being the the perfect mix of height,speed,egility.. how many 6'3 mid fielders do u see who arnt ruckman and run all day..

jarrod gornall on his day when not injured would be right up there being the the perfect mix of height,speed,egility.. how many 6'3 mid fielders do u see who arnt ruckman and run all day..
Chris Judd.....even though thats totally irelevant to this thread haha

if luke habel hangs around he could be the best player in the comp for many years to come. would be even better if he goes to a better and returns.

The thread is to name who all bloggers think is the best player in the riverina. Interestingly so far nearly everyone has named an on-baller.
I think a player who runs all day picking up uncontested possies looks good but where would he be without the contested ball winners. Hard to past Rava now he's back and if he plays all next year will dominate. The Rabbit Heath can turn a game, but lacks consistency. Good thread hope it inspires some heated debate.

throwing a roughie in there for 1 of best players in riverina..stephen barnes from marrar...might not have the best skills in the world but his attack on the footy in 2nd to none...most couragous player i have seen play the game!! his big hits and aggression can turn a game on its heels...ask 3/4 of the farrar league and they will all tell his toughness is boardering on stupidity!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back