Neville Bartos

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doc Rivers' LA Clippers
This thread was inspired by the following photo (taken on my phone from the "We Are Hawthorn" book) which I feel just epitomizes the ferocity that our team played with during the 1960s - 1980s era of dominance and that we seem to be lacking at the moment.

img0333k.jpg

You can see Captain David Parkin leading the boys up the old race at Glenferrie with a look on their face that can only mean "You're F***ed if you get in our way". It's just a great Hawthorn photo that captures the moment perfectly.

What is your personal favourite Hawthorn FC photo? It can be from last year's grand final, the 90s, in black and white, on the field and off it, whatever you like.

Good thread Nev.:thumbsu:

This has always struck a real chord with me even though at the time I was a wee bit young to understand it all - could maybe happen at any club, but it didn't, it happened at ours.

So excuse the dodgy fashion of the day and the crease in the middle of the photo from the scan and welcome the '76 Premiership - for the little fella.

76Premiership.jpg

Neville Bartos

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doc Rivers' LA Clippers
Indeed. I wasn't even born when Peter Crimmins passed away, but the way my parents talk about him and the high regard he was obviously held at the club, makes me believe that we lost someone very special. Not only is that a great photo, it represents our reputation as the family club and the fact that we look after our own.

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill

This has always struck a real chord with me even though at the time I was a wee bit young to understand it all - could maybe happen at any club, but it didn't, it happened at ours.

So excuse the dodgy fashion of the day and the crease in the middle of the photo from the scan and welcome the '76 Premiership - for the little fella.

76Premiership.jpg

love this shot sends a shiver down my spine

Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Victory, Lakers, Dodgers
that photo of crimmo always gets to me. When I was in grade four at Camberwell Central in 1967, Peter was my PE teacher. He was the reason I became a member. cannot believe i used to shout go Mr. Crimmins. Everytime I saw him over the next 9 years he would always remember me and what I was studying. Even in the early stages of 1976 he would take time out while he was watching training to chat to me. So glad they named the B & F medal after him. A champion footballer and a champion bloke. Great thread. These old photos spark so many memories. ( I actually have some of my old photos of the 80's cheer squad grand final banners in the book)

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gary Ayres - just after winning the Norm Smith medal, arm raised in the air. He looks like Superman.

yardenlavy

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2008
sunshine coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn

76Premiership.jpg

You would think A premiership team would have dental plans:p

hahah I wish i wasnt born in 1991 missed so many good years from what my dad tells me about them

Feb 22, 2009
LOL @ Norf
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GeeLOL sucks, so does $hitney

76Premiership.jpg
You win the thread. :D

Captain Crawf

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Storm & Victory
Thought I would lighten it up a tad;

One of my favourites is the commitment shown by this fellow Hawk Supporter the day after the GF at Glenferrie.

DSC00197.jpg

Is that the Johnny "The Rat"????:D

Back