Jun 25, 2009
G-town
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
It is clearly farmers Union imo,

Have a mate from NT who says that Pauls does the best ice coffee but i cant get it in Vic....anyone tried it?

Also Dare is also own by the same company as FU... but i would put iceb reak second, is a good change.

I by FU either in 2-3 litre bottles at home, dpends on which has tehlonger useby when i get it

cramdogs

May 1, 2007
Everton
Dare still remains to be the best.
I have moved onto the double shot espresso, and its top shelf.

Jan 26, 2007
Melbourne United
Paul's Ice Coffee is the best I've ever had. Pretty sure it's only available in the NT, grabbing one is first and last thing I do every time I head up there.

Go up to the Territory quite often, and I think Farmers Union is superior. Drink one then the other, and you will know it's true. I think Pauls is over rated because of the relative novelty, or parochialism on the part of people from the Territory.

But Dare Double Espresso is the best :thumbsu:

Preety sure Goulburn Valley is owned by coke you think they would had a better brand of iced coffee.

For me Dare is number one and ice break which ever is on special.2 ice breaks 700/750ml 2 for 6 buckaroos preety good value @ woolies l think.

The Goulburn Valley Strawberry and Banana is amazing though

Jordie_tackles

Jun 25, 2009
G-town
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Preety sure Goulburn Valley is owned by coke you think they would had a better brand of iced coffee.

For me Dare is number one and ice break which ever is on special.2 ice breaks 700/750ml 2 for 6 buckaroos preety good value @ woolies l think.

Yeah, especially as Farmers Union is supposedly one of about 3 products world wide which outsells Coca Cola in any market place....i assume this is SA...do you guys really drink that much Farmers Union?

The other 3 are: Inca Cola in Peru (maybe owned by Coke now)

Irn Bru in Scotland, not owned by Coke

And maybe another South american soft drink in its country.....

oh_u

Suspended
Nov 12, 2011
Computer
Ice Break has recently overtaken Farmer's Union for mine.
Both have different, but a very good taste. But just the actual coffee, actual caffeine factor, rather than 'flavoured' milk has won me over.

Jordie_tackles

Jun 25, 2009
G-town
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I'm starting to think that the farmers union iced coffee in south oz is top line and everwhere else get the $hit leftovers:D.

If were getting the dregs then i might need to go on a holiday to Adelaide!

Also found a pauls iced coffee which was labeled "natural" ect, supposedly different from the one in NT, doesnt have an NT state logo on it like the other Pauls does...asked my mate.

Was still quite good, and i will need to investigate it further, it is in a bottle, look out for it and let me know what you think, i got i tat coles.

Jan 26, 2007
Melbourne United
I normally drink black coffee, and buy iced coffee occasionally, but have been making a sort of ice coffee at home, a fair bit stronger than bought stuff. Been doing it last couple of mornings.

Been adding about three to four heaped teaspoons of instant, with about 5 equal sachets. Dissolve all this in a splash of hot water, stirring, and then chuck it in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool it down a bit. Throw the in some milk, stir it round for a moment, and done.

Not quite as tasty as bought stuff, but cheap and delciious anyway.

I had a Goulburn Valley for the first time today. Far too thick and gloopy. I think it contains a load of vegetable gum to bulk it out. They put that stuff in the horrible, inferior flavoured milk you get in the UK.

(can't understand why Big M doesn't open up a UK operation, the stuff over there is putrid.)

oh_u

Suspended
Nov 12, 2011
Computer
I am starting to feel genuinely disappointed when I have to settle for an FUIC when wherever we stop off in the mornings doesn't sell Ice Break.

Happened to me again this morning :(

Jordie_tackles

Jun 25, 2009
G-town
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I am starting to feel genuinely disappointed when I have to settle for an FUIC when wherever we stop off in the mornings doesn't sell Ice Break.

Happened to me again this morning :(

Im the exact opposite,

You learn which places have them and dont yeah?

Nah not this shop will get one down the road type thing.

Also Safeway sells FUIC in 2-3 litre bottle but Coles doesnt, and i shop at Coles work there and its closer go to Safeway to buy FU in 2-3 litre bottles

Jan 26, 2007
Melbourne United
I had a Goulburn Valley for the first time today. Far too thick and gloopy. I think it contains a load of vegetable gum to bulk it out. They put that stuff in the horrible, inferior flavoured milk you get in the UK.

(can't understand why Big M doesn't open up a UK operation, the stuff over there is putrid.)

Frijj is delicious, especially the choclate fudge brownie flavour. :thumbsu:

Don't understand why they don't have a coffee flavour...

oh_u

Suspended
Nov 12, 2011
Computer
Im the exact opposite,

You learn which places have them and dont yeah?

Nah not this shop will get one down the road type thing.

Also Safeway sells FUIC in 2-3 litre bottle but Coles doesnt, and i shop at Coles work there and its closer go to Safeway to buy FU in 2-3 litre bottles

Yeah the problem I have is I'm always working in different areas so visit different shops regularly. Most supermarkets here stock the ice break but it is usually a bit quicker to run into a deli or a servo in the morning. Do pretty much know which of the more regular ones we visit stock what now though.

I guess it's just that here it has almost always been predominantly Farmer's Union but nowadays there are actually some really good alternatives popping up more and more.

Don't get me wrong, still love FUIC. Would never complain as such about it as a product.

PykeDream

Only the Betts
Sep 2, 2011
I'll basically only drink a Dare. I think I'm a bit weak, because I prefer the Single Espresso (Green) over the Double Espresso (Brown). They also sell Masters and Brownes over here, but they seem really flat and bland to me, so I usually go for a Coke or Vanilla Supa-Shake if a Dare's not available.

By the way does anyone know what that new brand tastes like? I think they're owned by Brownes, and have had two really dodgy ads on TV lately. They come in similar packaging to Dare.

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
The thing about FUIC is it's addictive. Trying a FUIC now and again probably wouldn't stand out against the other varieties now available... however, as soon as you include it in your daily routine for a few days you become hooked.

Girl here at work, originally from Scotland, but spent a few years in the Cayman islands before coming to Adelaide... came up to me at work the other day holding an empy carton of FUIC explaining how she is addicted to "this stuff". I haven't even ever discussed iced coffee with her before at all and it seemed like a totally random subject for her to bring up.

Have a everyday for a week, then stop, then wait for your body to start telling you "I need a FUIC".

I normally drink black coffee, and buy iced coffee occasionally, but have been making a sort of ice coffee at home, a fair bit stronger than bought stuff. Been doing it last couple of mornings.

Been adding about three to four heaped teaspoons of instant, with about 5 equal sachets. Dissolve all this in a splash of hot water, stirring, and then chuck it in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool it down a bit. Throw the in some milk, stir it round for a moment, and done.

Not quite as tasty as bought stuff, but cheap and delciious anyway.

I do this too (not as strong as you though). Perfect for when you want a coffee but its too ******* hot (like today, for example).

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
I think FUIC possibly has the most amazing brand in Australia. It’s a triumph of marketing.

There’s absolutely nothing special about it. It’s not bad at all, but the way people carry on about it, you’d think it was laced with crack. Anybody who hasn’t tried it, prepare to be disappointed.

Proper stuff from a good cafe is the best. Of the pre-packaged, I’ll go with the Dare Double Shot. But I *in hate the bottles, just don’t like drinking out of them, should be a cardboard box like FUIC or Big M.

Has anyone had Fleurieu? Meant to be the best. I’ve never had it, can’t find it anywhere in Vic.

Poseidon

Kreuzer Sonata
10k Posts Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2013 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2011 Player Sponsor
Oct 31, 2010
Wild Wild West
Phoenix Suns
I doubt anyone has been crazy enough to sit down in one sitting, to drink and review 16 different Iced Coffees??!?

well, let me tell you, it wasn't pretty.... hallucinations, gas, and the runs for 2 days straight.....

here you go everyone: enjoy and let me know whether you agree/disagree!

http://www.onthechoppingboard.com/20...view-best.html

quick summary here:

General Ice Coffee taste - Ice Break Real Iced Coffee. I'm sorry folks, I chose this over Farmers Union Iced Coffee for my generic Iced Coffee, simply because it has a stronger coffee taste and sweeter taste.

Interesting Ice Coffee taste - Fleurieu Iced Coffee. This wins hands down as the only different tasting iced coffee.

Low Fat Iced Coffee choice - Rush Iced Latte. Great tastes and still sweet, but without the numbers stacking up in the nutritional charts, this is a winner.

Overall best tasting Iced Coffee - CafeCino Espresso. Real coffee taste, insane sugar amount without the milk, this is the only option. Also tastes great heated up.

I enjoyed this post.
I think I've seen CafeCino Espresso down at the deli, will pop by today and give it a crack.

Anyone tried those cans of hot chocolate/coffee that heat up by themselves? I don't know how they work, probably some kind of gypsy magic.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
yeah, (refer to 2 posts above yours) out of the 16 i tested, it was the only 'real' coffee tasting iced coffee.

Not sure whether it'll help, but in SA, it was only available in Foodland (a SA based Supermarket). wasn't in Coles or Woolworths etc

Yeah just checked their website. Only available in SA, NT, NSW and ACT. Will have to look out for it when I’m interstate.