Games & Recreation The BigFooty 2014 Death List

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, boxer, dead at 76. Wrongly convicted of triple murder, and subject of a Bob Dylan song ('Hurricane') and a Denzel Washington movie ('The Hurricane')
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/rubin-hurricane-carter-dead-at-76/article18071079/

Not a big fan of Denzel but he was very good in that movie

Didn't Bob Dylan say about 10 or so years ago that he would never perform that song again and wanted nothing to do with it ?
It was something to do with Carter.I think it was something to do with some evidence coming to light that he might've been involved in the murders.

Of course he did it, they only let him off because he was black. Black people have always been looked after in that country.

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Whether he did it or not is far from certain in either direction (hence the correct overturning of the conviction), but it certainly wasn't the "pick up a random fellow off the street and pin it on him" that the song makes it out to be.

Whether he did it or not is far from certain in either direction (hence the correct overturning of the conviction), but it certainly wasn't the "pick up a random fellow off the street and pin it on him" that the song makes it out to be.
Joey is the better "long" song on Desire anyway.

Joey is the better "long" song on Desire anyway.
You reckon? I can't stand that song. I love "Hurricane" as a song despite it's less than balanced view.

That whole album I find I like less and less as time goes on. The vocal style of the girls involved and the general shambolic nature of the recordings just irritates me now.

You reckon? I can't stand that song. I love "Hurricane" as a song despite it's less than balanced view.

That whole album I find I like less and less as time goes on. The vocal style of the girls involved and the general shambolic nature of the recordings just irritates me now.
I like the Desire/Blood on the Tracks/Rolling Thunder Revue era, as much as I like his folkie stuff, when he plugs in and has a good tight band around him he rocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DREAM TEAM BUFF
1. Wilko Johnson - singer
2. Wojciech Jaruzelski - Communist
3. Jeremy London - Actor
4. Miley Cyrus - Singer
5. Amanda Bynes - Actor
6. Nigella Lawson - Cook
7. Sally Obermeder - Newsreader
8. Jenna Jameson - Actor
9. Eddie Large - Comedian
10.Billy Graham - Wrestler