Games & Recreation The Bigfooty 2015 Death List

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe at least one person had Lauren Hill, another 'famous for having cancer' selection. She passed away early this morning :(
I'm astounded these ones count. Not that I'm complaining, or accusing anyone of cheating... I just don't consider these types 'genuine' celebrities. Even Kim Kardashian has done more than die to be famous.

Yeah I'm not going to keep playing this game in the future. I'm just not going to go to the effort of trolling the net for semi famous young people that are knocking on deaths door. If that's the way the game is going to be played I don't want any part of it.

Yeah I'm not going to keep playing this game in the future. I'm just not going to go to the effort of trolling the net for semi famous young people that are knocking on deaths door. If that's the way the game is going to be played I don't want any part of it.
Pffft. Where's your competitive spirit?

You're playing a game based on death and suddenly morals have a part to play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pffft. Where's your competitive spirit?

You're playing a game based on death and suddenly morals have a part to play?

It's when "competitive spirit" becomes "win at all costs" that games stop being fun. That's why I wanted to play, for fun. F-U-N.

By including nobodies that are only famous because they're going to die and have been mentioned on the internet or tweeted about by somebody famous that this game stops being fun.

Terry Pratchett is famous
Leonard Nimoy is famous
Some American girl with cancer is not famous

It's a bit of a hard one.

What if the person becomes famous for illness than uses that fame to promote charities etc,. which many do... They've still become a celebrity even though it's not for the desired reasons.

For 2016 I reckon a rule like the person must have had a Wikipedia page for at least 2 years at the time of death. If someone ill survives for that long a time frame than they are probably fair game. Generally people don't get put on wikipedia for being sick.

Lauren Hill didn't get a wikipedia page till February 2015 so would be ineligible under this rule.

Minor celebs with cancer should just be void.
Minor celebs with cancer? Or minor celebs who are celebs because they got cancer?

An important distinction.

There is a footballer who's wife has cancer but she is a bit of celeb in her own right as she's an actress. She would be only a minor celeb because I think she has just done small roles in Australian soaps, but she was in the public eye before she got cancer... Where would she stand? It'll come to who it is. Can't think just at the moment.

To me it needs to be somebody that people have heard of.

If 99% of people are going to say "Who?" then it shouldn't count.
And to me the Wikipedia rule works well to make this happen. And there's no grey areas. I agree with the last line, but it leaves a massive grey area. I am happy to partake in this game, but it would start to feel a little disrespectful if it broke out into all out debate over who is and who isn't eligible. If the rules are clear (which they are at the moment) as to who is eligible than those sort of disputes can be resolved very quickly.

And to me the Wikipedia rule works well to make this happen. And there's no grey areas. I agree with the last line, but it leaves a massive grey area. I am happy to partake in this game, but it would start to feel a little disrespectful if it broke out into all out debate over who is and who isn't eligible. If the rules are clear (which they are at the moment) as to who is eligible than those sort of disputes can be resolved very quickly.

Fair point. As the rules are it feels like anybody with a Twitter/Facebook that dies is fair game which in a world of new media makes it all too easy for some diligent posters among us to get the leg up with the big bonuses we've been discussing.

To me the whole purpose of the game is to predict the deaths of genuinely famous people.

If the game becomes more about strategies that don't involve doing just that it's not a fun or fair game any longer.

Lol ppl cracking this shits over..... this.

And to think how excited I was to get 2 points last year. :$

I'm not cracking the shits. I'm trying to make the game more fun by refining house rules.

Every game ever made usually gets house rules modified to make the experience more enjoyable for the community that plays it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back