The BigFooty Aston Villa army.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a pretty average season so far.

We're really lacking that quality striker/finisher.

Been happy with the development of our younger kids (from what I've seen).

Anyone give us any chance against Chelski?

Not a bad result on the weekend, at least we are starting to look more co-hesive again

Haha.

There's a greater chance that the sun won't rise tomorrow than our senior team doing that :eek:

Onto transfer news, God I hope we don't get Bridge. Just don't need him.

Would be a shame to lose Collins, but Samba would be a great replacement.

Why won't the owners let us spend a bit and get a striker who can finish :(

I guess the positive thing from that was that the scorers are all young guys who've been getting some game time in the first team this season as well, mainly due to injury. Hogg, Herd, Delfouneso, Lichaj, Lowry, Wienmann - 5 of those boys grabbed goals.

Villa boys to the Rescue!!

England come from behind to win

ASHLEY young scored his first goal for England as Fabio Capello's side came from behind to beat Denmark in a morale-boosting win today ahead of their Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales next month.

Aston Villa's Young, who recently converted from winger to striker, came off the bench to give England a 2-1 victory in the friendly after Daniel Agger had put the Danes ahead and Villa teammate Darren Bent had equalised.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...mark-in-friendly/story-e6frf423-1226003472814

Haha great video. This will be an interesting summer coming up. I'm resigned to the fact that Ash will probably leave us, and most of the internet seems to think the same. We've already been rumoured with Ancelotti, but I doubt that he'd come to us. Hoping for 3 quality signings before next season.

Confirmed Transfers

IN:
Shay Given <- Manc

OUT:
Downing -> Liverpool
A Young -> Manu
Friedel -> Spurs

Rumours
IN:
Alan Hutton <- Spurs
Charles NZogbia <- Wigan
James Milner <- Manc
Craig Bellamy <- Manc
Juan Manuel Vargas <- Fiorentina
Diego <- Wolfsburg

OUT:
Warnock -> Stoke, Liverpool & Bolton
Heskey -> Leicester
Beye -> Ipswich
Ireland -> Newcastle
Collins -> Blackburn
Cuellar -> Espanyol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Harry Forrester to Ajax as well. Warnock seems set to stay with McLeish mentioning how professional he is and how the slate has been wiped clean. All the rumoured players I'd be happy with, barring Bellamy, but won't hold much hope for Vargas or Milner till I see them holding a guernsey with Big Eck. Diego seems a class player, but he's a very self-centred player (hence him leaving Wolfsburg - didn't get along with the manager), I'd be happy to see him join and see what he could do. Cuellar seems set to go to Espanyol or Rangers which would be a real shame, cause I like him as a player and feel he's been treated quite harshly.

Trying to remember the last time Villa played a 4-3-3. Seeing Heskey, Bent and Agbonlahor all playing in the same same line doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Would prefer to see Heskey on the bench (or in the reserves, or out on loan, or just not on the pitch), with Albrighton handed a start.

That said, take an away point and a clean sheet on the opening day. Hopefully Delph can come on this year, because I just can't see a lot of creativity coming otherwise. Zog will help this obviously, but won't be enough. If we managed to drum up the funds to sign Parker I would be pleased enough (given that both Young and Downing wanted to leave) with the summer transfers. Given in for Freidel is a big win. We're going to need a new Centre Back sooner rather than later though.

Trying to remember the last time Villa played a 4-3-3. Seeing Heskey, Bent and Agbonlahor all playing in the same same line doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Would prefer to see Heskey on the bench (or in the reserves, or out on loan, or just not on the pitch), with Albrighton handed a start.

That said, take an away point and a clean sheet on the opening day. Hopefully Delph can come on this year, because I just can't see a lot of creativity coming otherwise. Zog will help this obviously, but won't be enough. If we managed to drum up the funds to sign Parker I would be pleased enough (given that both Young and Downing wanted to leave) with the summer transfers. Given in for Freidel is a big win. We're going to need a new Centre Back sooner rather than later though.
we played 4-3-3 under O'Neill alot. especially early days. agbonlahor-carew-young.

agree with everything else you've said.

laughable team selection.

1. heskey - a 34 year old who has consistently shown himself not to be of premier league standard - infact nowhere near still plays consistently in the premier league. he can't kick a football, he can't direct headers and really doesn't win that many, he dives as consistently as anyone in the premier league, he whinges all game, he can't control a football, he can't score, he struggles to run. his best quality is that he walks and frowns with quality.
2. agonlahor - you can run quick but can't control or kick a football
3. delph - not up to it. makoun is twice the player. why is he on the bench?
4. not selecting clark. ****ing ridiculous.

**** off mcleish.

He was your best player on the day, and could do nothing about the goal.

Yup. I'd be looking at Hutton long before Dunne. Crap game.

Few good signs though. Bannan's passing was quality. Delph, once we started to get the ball in the second half, made some good passes and intelligent runs.

That said, Zog looks out of sorts, struggling when being left on a wing. Warnock was average. Dunne and Collins were good. Nothing either of them, nor Given, could really do about that OG. Hutton was bad, Petrov so-so, Agbonlahor was left to carry the line (shouldn't happen) and Ireland was largely invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back