Society & Culture The BigFooty Guide to getting the woman of Your Desire (Part 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't we all live vicariously through each other in this thread ;)

I am happy you got the job done. But not sure jumping on here and bragging about it is the right way to go about it.

But ey congrats. Have some internet high fives and after butchering your NZ Bruce lover I feel GD have collectively sighed with relief at you closing the deal.

I need to get rid of a woman I don't mind.

Been seeing each other for a few weeks, it was always casual and I've had a coupla macks and slept with someone else in the time. So it was never anything I was entranced by.

Last night I had a few beers 'round my mates place and she sent me a text asking what my go was. We meet up, she's with her friends (who hate me – the more the friends hate me the more keen they are, I swear), and she comes back and we sleep together. Anyway, middle of it all, I've had about nine stubbies and she's fresh off a single G&T and I start talking the kind of absolute trash you do when you're a bit pissed and you're in bed with a girl. ****in end up saying "oh we should take this a little more seriously" and an hour later, we're playing games and throwing around the girlfriend and boyfriend tags.

Needless to say I woke up with the kind of regret and horror not usually reserved for when you get laid.

Saw her off to the station this morning and haven't messaged her or anything. We didn't mention anything and it was no different to the other times I've walked her to the pearly gates of Melbourne Central. I'm living in fear of her finally adding me on facebook and instantly chucking me the 'In A Relationship' verification on there...

In a few days, I'm pissing off to Perth for summer. So not only am I too interested in the freedom of singledom, but having something exclusive with the tyranny of distance and having about six weeks of knowing her is just.... probably the worst move I've ever made.

Do I just leave it and hope she understands I was pissed? Do I text her and clarify? Obviously if I tell her I was chatting rubbish, she'll never speak to me again – a situation I don't want, simply because I want a physical arrangement when I come back.

I know Bigfooty is good at being s**t with girls but is anyone good at being a s**t to girls on here?
do u think she'd even wanna wait around all summer without you? chances are she probably has had similar thoughts. if she's a young girl of any desirability then i dont reckon she'd be too keen on having some dude on the other side of the country, like over summer and new years, that's peak season. not that i doubt ur romantic allure...

i'd try and lead it that way tbh, say like how you don't mind if she gets with other dudes... or maybe that's too full on. something on that angle tho, i think.

Want a few opinions on this.
The scenario is my best mate and his mrs have been wanting to do a night out with her best mate and myself for months.
I have purposely put it off (have a gentlemens law in place in that if any of my mates are in a SERIOUS relationship then I wouldnt hit on his mrs mates to not make things awkward if they go pear shaped lol) but I really gotta stop the clubbing/event hookups so this is my finding a good girl project (been working on it all year)

Moving on the night was planned in that we had a 40th prior and they had a uni grad party so planned to meet up afterwards for drinks.
Headed into the city after picking them up (they were pretty tipsy) (as were we on the pearly whites) and headed to the Emerson. Keeping in mind there was a 3rd wheel so this was never going above g rated.

Now theres a bit of added pressure on my end as my best mate and his mrs are at the stage of their relationship where they would love to see their best friends hit it off.
Once inside got a few drinks and SHE pulled me aside for a decent chat. Felt like I was getting cross examined but with the state of mind I was in pulled it off pretty well.
Said all the right things, found out we have some mutual friends, etc all the small talk bullshit (shes an Essendon supporter and loves the Dons so should have walked away but didnt)
Then mingled with the rest of the group for the rest of the night.
We agreed to go to a new years day festival (funnily enough) for a joint birthday party (mine and mates mrs).
Was getting late so dropped her off at home hugged and KOTC goodbye and did the FB add.

Exchanged messages on the Saturday but nothing too major. Found out she thinks Im cute and a really nice guy from a little background work- so I messaged we should go out again soon.

What I want to know is
1) does she think this is as awkward as I do
2) I didnt feel any chemistry at first but plenty of people have told me thats fine for first time meetings

should I persist?

Dat der organised hooks will always be awkward. Even if it was never explicitly agreed or discussed, everyone knows it was a set-up. Everything is awkward at the start anyway, if you met her out one night and you're meeting for the first time sober, you'd have the same hold ups. Nothing to lose at all – worst case scenario, you hang out two or three more times and you were right: you don't get along and it's still awkward. Or, you get to know each other, you enjoy her company, and you have a good time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dat der organised hooks will always be awkward. Even if it was never explicitly agreed or discussed, everyone knows it was a set-up. Everything is awkward at the start anyway, if you met her out one night and you're meeting for the first time sober, you'd have the same hold ups. Nothing to lose at all – worst case scenario, you hang out two or three more times and you were right: you don't get along and it's still awkward. Or, you get to know each other, you enjoy her company, and you have a good time.
Yeh I know. Awkward was best man/maid of honour hints, jokes started getting dropped and I forgot I was 24 and was back in school for a moment.

So should I as my best mate said to me as his advice (take control Tazz!) sigh, such a tool
or just let the mutual social outings take place and see where that leads.

I've met a nice female. We've been on a few dates, and we're now at the stage where we're talking all the time and just generally hanging out. She passes all the tests in my book, my friends like her and there's no red flags (for now…).

My issue, and one that would rear it's head for many around my age, is that she is off traveling in March with no fixed return date. I like this girl, but I've had a long lasting relationship end before because we've both decided to travel on our own and then it just didn't work when we were both back (4+ years, spent about 12 months apart).

So am I wasting my time here, or am I just bringing my own baggage into the situation? I can tell she likes me and I know her friends approve, too. I just think it's a bit of a dead end when she packs up and leaves.

I've met a nice female. We've been on a few dates, and we're now at the stage where we're talking all the time and just generally hanging out. She passes all the tests in my book, my friends like her and there's no red flags (for now…).

My issue, and one that would rear it's head for many around my age, is that she is off traveling in March with no fixed return date. I like this girl, but I've had a long lasting relationship end before because we've both decided to travel on our own and then it just didn't work when we were both back (4+ years, spent about 12 months apart).

So am I wasting my time here, or am I just bringing my own baggage into the situation? I can tell she likes me and I know her friends approve, too. I just think it's a bit of a dead end when she packs up and leaves.
why don't you go travel with her? that seems like a win-win to me.

I was in a similar situation a couple of years back. I decided I'd just be all lovey dovey with her until she left (she was going for 3 months) and then hope to just pick up where we left off.

BRB getting too attached and it became excruciatingly painful to leave her
BRB seeing her photos on facebook surrounded by shirtless South American men
BRB friendzoned when she came back
BRB in a new relationship a month after that and she's currently engaged
BRB killing self

1ygfxjA.pngj

why don't you go travel with her? that seems like a win-win to me.
I just arrived back from my own travels in August $$$
I was in a similar situation a couple of years back. I decided I'd just be all lovey dovey with her until she left (she was going for 3 months) and then hope to just pick up where we left off.

BRB getting too attached and it became excruciatingly painful to leave her
And pretty much this, why not just stop now in the early phases and then not have to deal with all that emotional crap in March!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back