Society & Culture The BigFooty Guide to getting the woman of Your Desire (Part 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright boys, let me preface this with why would I lie about this?
I'm a 20 year old lad and I don't spend my Friday nights pretending to be on a date to score Internet points (not my posting style, either) and as I said previously I know a few of you who would know it's a lie and I'm not trying to impress some I haven't met.
just for anyone who thinks it's a set up.

Anyway, I left mine this afternoon full of confidence because nothing could go wrong I figured.
So I arrived at the venue to discuss gigs and then drove to hers.
At this stage I was nervous to be honest, so I hid around the corner and had a cigarette to consider bailing, but I had come all this way and I was thinking of you guys.

So after holding off I walked to the door and knocked, I was also doubting if I had the right house as I was getting more nervous naturally when she opened the door.
I stood there and rather calmly explained I had been at the venue I met her and just figured I'd drop by and see how's she's settled in as she still didn't have a phone.

She was like that's great, thanks so much and invited me in and as she put the kettle on and showed me some of her art she was sending off somewhere.
We made small tall for a bit and she asked if she could just be given 10 to finish off the email so I went and made some phone calls and then she asked if we wanted to have coffee (even though she had put the kettle on I wasn't going to ask questions) so we got in the car and drive into the city.

I found somewhere to park (quite easily, which was surprising) and we walked around and I showed her the MCG, and of course Tigerland (not me, Richmonds training oval) and we then walked right down to the Yarra and down Southbank just talking away, without any issues.
Since she didn't know much of Melbourne she was taking it all in.

From there we walked past the art galleries and she suggested we keep walking after I asked if she wanted to go.
We walked up a bit further and then as I didn't know what was really ahead we walked back down and took a seat in one of the parks.
It was pretty dark but the city skyline was looking great.

At this stage I'm wondering if I should kiss her, and after some slightly awkward moments I just went in and that was sweet.
Anyway, as it was dark I said we should go back so we walked to the car (which was a million miles away) and then I drove her to hers.
We began to make out again and it got a bit further so she asked if I wanted to come in for coffee, and I nearly did the George "it's too late for coffee, coffee keeps me up" but I thought about that and realized I nearly put myself into the AFS Hall of Fame.
So we go inside and I think it was around here I checked in to BigFooty, but we began to make out again and after so much ended up doing the deed.

Anyway, I have footy in the morning and she had something so I left and just got home about half an hour ago.

For those who think it's made up, I won change your mind but do consider why I'd go to all this effort for nothing.
You can even ask Nate as I was on the phone to him before I left discussing my options.

There was a real click and chemistry so I may follow it up and it may yet become a relationship.
She also gave me her WhatsApp or whatever it is to contact her so I am right in this.

TL;DR: Met a girl at a gig who doesn't have Facebook or a working phone as she just moved her, only had one option left and after BigFooty helped me make the decision I did the old "drop in" and it was very successful and I highly recommend it as it is romantic if not old fashioned.

I guess I'm one if the last true romantics left in this world.
Wow.

People can just "make some phone calls"?

Wow.

People can just "make some phone calls"?
I refuse to be sucked into today's technological world where no one will make a phone call to hear someone's voice and would rather text.

That said, for every 2 texts I must make one drop in.

This reminds me of another story of a guy hooking up with a NZ girl he'd met out once before, hope you don't live in a high rise apartment Tigerland55

Seriously though, fair play man. Thought for sure you'd be adding to the AFS thread.

This reminds me of another story of a guy hooking up with a NZ girl he'd met out once before, hope you don't live in a high rise apartment Tigerland55

Seriously though, fair play man. Thought for sure you'd be adding to the AFS thread.
I am rather glad I didn't add to it, but now we know the drop in works

Should only be used sparingly IMO. It's not going to work for many people or situations.
It's a last ditch effort, the last roll of the dice.
but bigfootians remember this ;)

Rightio so that 'date' that I mentioned a while back finally happened (after we both had to postpone once). Really chill girl and we have a shitload in common which made for easy conversation. Seeing her again this Friday before she goes to the footy (ew richmond) and when she asked what we were doing I told her it's a surprise.

Now I'm fairly sure this is going down the track of a pretty clear cut date and my intentions towards her and seeing her are obvious but I'm a little stupid is all.

Rightio so that 'date' that I mentioned a while back finally happened (after we both had to postpone once). Really chill girl and we have a shitload in common which made for easy conversation. Seeing her again this Friday before she goes to the footy (ew richmond) and when she asked what we were doing I told her it's a surprise.

Now I'm fairly sure this is going down the track of a pretty clear cut date and my intentions towards her and seeing her are obvious but I'm a little stupid is all.
So... What's the surprise?

I'm taking her ice skating, I'm fairly sure she's never been and it seems like something she'll like.
Risky first date dude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

I think it's awesome, as long as you can skate that is
Hence the issue, can she actually do it.. can you? (I mean SpaceCrow too)
Trust me it looks much easier than it is...

Even if she can't skate properly, if she likes the fella it gives her an opportunity to flirt. I have very little balance and coordination but I would love a guy to take me ice skating if I was keen on him.
It'd be so romantic, until I broke a bone. Then it would be hilarious :p

They had an Ice Rink set up in my home town for some kids festival a few years ago. It never returned due to a spike in people reporting to hospital with random broken bones. Heaps of drunk kents broke in at nights and tried to get around pissed as s**t... more broken bones.

Basically what I'm saying is, unless you want to re-enact something from Doctor Adventures then you're going to have a bad time. Probably.

Ice, not even once.

Have to agree with Tigerland55 that ice skating is risky business and there is always a chance of this happening
zCfxOAJ.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back