Society & Culture The BigFooty Guide to getting the woman of Your Desire (Part 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time last year I had a girl that was sort of around, we were never really 'together' but there was a good 1-2 month period after we met where we were just constantly together, almost overly so given we had basically just met.

So when she told me she was going to the UK to study and travel until march of this year I was pretty gutted, but we both figured that we'd just pick it up where we left off, and we'd obviously still be able to communicate while she was over there so I wasn't really concerned at all.

So she goes and it all sounds like she's had a ball from the skype chats we had and the photos I saw etc. but she's come back and for the last 3 weeks the dynamic has just been completely different, she's just so much colder towards me than she was before.

My logic (which fails me early and often, but still) is that if she didn't want to see me, she just flat out wouldn't, but not only is she still maintaining contact, she's still initiating it. Everything about her was just so easy before she left, but now she's a massive headf***.

Thoughts?
People struggle when they come back from exchange, it's like culture shock in their own country. I had a lot of trouble adjusting back to life after going on exchange and it screwed me around for quite some time. She's probably really struggling, try and support her.

The Passenger you worried about her sexual history because you think there's a greater chance she'd cheat on you? Or are you just genuinely a little freaked out? Because from all your posting history I wouldn't have picked you for a dude that would be concerned about how many times a woman has had sex. Not really sure I understand what is at the core of the issue.
Yeah I thought this was something I was well over a long time ago. In fact its not something I've been hung up on in a long long time... Eventually we'll talk one night and it'll open up and just go from there.

I'm definitely not worried about her cheating. That's no bother. I'm no sexual prude by any means and I'm more than comfortable that we've all got our pasts.

I'm gonna stop speculating in my head about it. I know we are gonna open up one night and I'll either deal with it or I won't...

In my mind it's not about sleeping with x amount of guys is a turn off. Its more about how did it come about. As example I was friends with a couple of girls in my early 20s and they had a contest to who could sleep with 50 guys the quickest one year. IMO there in nothing good about that.

Shupe I'm definitely more the type that just wants to know about things. This goes for all facets. I've very open and honest with people. I like the same back and unless I have a reason not too I'll take people at face value.

If they are lying MDMA always brings out the truth

Yeah I thought this was something I was well over a long time ago. In fact its not something I've been hung up on in a long long time... Eventually we'll talk one night and it'll open up and just go from there.

I'm definitely not worried about her cheating. That's no bother. I'm no sexual prude by any means and I'm more than comfortable that we've all got our pasts.

I'm gonna stop speculating in my head about it. I know we are gonna open up one night and I'll either deal with it or I won't...

In my mind it's not about sleeping with x amount of guys is a turn off. Its more about how did it come about. As example I was friends with a couple of girls in my early 20s and they had a contest to who could sleep with 50 guys the quickest one year. IMO there in nothing good about that.

Shupe I'm definitely more the type that just wants to know about things. This goes for all facets. I've very open and honest with people. I like the same back and unless I have a reason not too I'll take people at face value.

Fair enough, sounds like you've got a fair handle on things. I was going to make the point that numbers have nothing to do with anything, but you're already on top of that.

As for the bolded, I disagree to be honest. Just makes me tell everyone I love them. I've always found alcohol to be far more of a truth serum.

I get the feeling this kind of s**t goes on more than we might think, in one way or another, and I'm not saying all or the majority of females do it, but they are competitive beasts like that

They like sex too thankfully

Fair enough, sounds like you've got a fair handle on things. I was going to make the point that numbers have nothing to do with anything, but you're already on top of that.
Yeah absolutely. I think it was the sex parties thing that threw me. I know a lot of them can be quite classy. And at most of them guys can only rock up with girls so always more F than M.

But my only knowledge of them is through an old house mate who used to go and the ones he was at sounded seedy as *. Generally 4 or 5 guys to every girl. Birds regularly getting done by 6 or 7 blokes at a time. One of the more interesting stories was a lass getting lead in blind folded, every bloke having a go at her then her getting taken away without ever seeing a single thing.

I've never forgotten having that conversation with him. I don't find that sexually liberating at all.

I'd be shocked if these were the sorts she went too. She said she used to go to be a third wheel in MF partnership. No dramas there. Not the worst thing to have as a possibility down the track.

But I could much easier handle a lass telling me she had slept with 100 or even 200 blokes, then one telling me that had slept with only 20 but was once gangyed by 6 blokes.

I think in the end you just need to trust that no matter how many people they've slept with in the past, they're happy with you now and so that's good enough.

When people are single and mingling they can rack up the numbers (as in, people they've had sex with) pretty quickly. It doesn't mean there's any sort of emotional attachment to it involved though.

When people are single and mingling they can rack up the numbers (as in, people they've had sex with) pretty quickly
This is very true when you boil it down to pure numbers. If someone is single for 10 years, they only have to have sex with someone every 2 months and that is 60 people... For a lot of people that would seem like a crazily high amount for a person to have slept with... For some people they would have reached that number by the time they were 22... I knew a bloke from school that lost his virginity when he was 27... That just seemed like torture to me.

Once again it's definitely not a pure numbers thing. I'd be more concerned about how it came to be - refer to the gang bang sex parties a few posts back or my friends that had the contest when we were a lot younger... Not a massive fan of that at all.

EDIT: Also should point out I've no problem with lasses taking part in these activities. As long as it's consensual do what you want. But when it's comes to dating someone then it's a bit different dealing with their past... Like I often wonder how Jecinta Campbell feels about Buddy's supposed 100 in 100 days. I'd be a bit uneasy about it if I were here. Hope people don't see this as a case of me (and other guys) should be able to shag as many girls as we want while girls can't. Definitely not a case of that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether couples share that information with each other is completely their business.

I know my other half's number and she knows mine, but some don't and there's nothing wrong with that either.

I just don't think it really matters. Obviously we both have exes and stuff from the past but that doesn't have any bearing on our relationship now. If he ever asked me what my number was I'd be totally honest, but I don't see what benefits that would bring.

I think in general there's a line beyond where talking about past relationships with the current partner just gets awkward. Talking about the sexual aspect of that is no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back