The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know Agger gets a lot of love in this thread, but I always felt that especially a big physical centre forward he was giving away too much in terms of strength and body size. Aerially he became very susceptible and a target of some sorts for teams to lump it into the box and work of the main man. He's quality on the ball is known to everyone who's watched him play, but I'd much rather him being solid defensively then have a distinguished passing range.

He's sort of like Jarryd Blair in a way, who should kick goals as a forward but gets a game by being a pressure forward, (although he's now completely useless at that as well)

m8s, no one bad mouths Dagger and gets away with it.

Just watch this goal again to rekindle your love of the Danish God.

Jeebus. How far through the archives did you have to search for that? The strengths in Agger's game have diminished due to age and injury. The weaknesses he's always had are getting worse. Time to move on.

I know Agger gets a lot of love in this thread, but I always felt that especially a big physical centre forward he was giving away too much in terms of strength and body size. Aerially he became very susceptible and a target of some sorts for teams to lump it into the box and work of the main man. He's quality on the ball is known to everyone who's watched him play, but I'd much rather him being solid defensively then have a distinguished passing range.

He's sort of like Jarryd Blair in a way, who should kick goals as a forward but gets a game by being a pressure forward, (although he's now completely useless at that as well)

He's been at the club for years that's why he gets a lot of love as he should, he's been one of my favourite players for years now. I just think its time to move him on, he gets beaten far too easily when opposition players use a little of bit of skill/pace. he's also not physical enough as you said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quick google search says we're being linked with Lavezzi

Seems an odd fit for us: a 29yo who would demand big wages

His goal to game ratio is poor

Do not want :(
With you on this. His goal to game ratio is poor and he is old and will want lots of money as he is on tons at PSG. I have absolutely no interest in him and I think the club feels the same way. 29 is just too old. We dont really sign players like that. You can say what about Lambert but he was a cheap deal, squad depth with little risk.

Lavezzi would be on much higher wages and the transfer fee would be much larger, for someone who is nearing 30. Cant see it.

£10m going to look like chum change in a few years. Going to be a great player, of all the summer signings so far he's the one that excites me the most. Well, maybe Markovic and Can too. :D
From the limited vision I have seen of the three. Can looks the most likely to go into beast mode later in his career.

With Origi officially done for 10 million. He joins Lambert, Can, Lallana, Markovic and Lovren. That is 6 in the door for a total cost of somewhere around 90 million. Suarez the only exit so far for 75.

So we have effectively spent just 15 million this summer. Should be room for one or two more signings you would think.

9892__2824__origi1000d_517X310.jpg

From the limited vision I have seen of the three. Can looks the most likely to go into beast mode later in his career.

With Origi officially done for 10 million. He joins Lambert, Can, Lallana, Markovic and Lovren. That is 6 in the door for a total cost of somewhere around 90 million. Suarez the only exit so far for 75.

So we have effectively spent just 15 million this summer. Should be room for one or two more signings you would think.

I agree, Can will be good too. But Rodgers looks to be building a very, very good squad to be honest. Imperative Liverpool don't slip up next season, we got to qualify for CL to continue to be able to attract players with a lot of upside as well as proven quality like we seem to be doing now. It will be difficult, direct rivals have all added some good players.

I agree, Can will be good too. But Rodgers looks to be building a very, very good squad to be honest. Imperative Liverpool don't slip up next season, we got to qualify for CL to continue to be able to attract players with a lot of upside as well as proven quality like we seem to be doing now. It will be difficult, direct rivals have all added some good players.
That one more striker or attacking player is the key. Gotta get that right and go some way to replacing Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back