The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some day you'd think about starting a setup similar to City's, basically having Henderson and Can in midfield with all of Coutinho Sterling Markovic and the likes in front with one up top, or even just a classic 4-4-2 with Lambert

It's one way to rest Gerrard and see what two box to box high energy mids can offer on their own while letting us field as many attacking players as possible

I'd have Sakho starting.

Are you high? No way Can starts over Coutinho.
Sakho and Lovren are both left sided aren't they? I don't mind either one tbh.

Love Coutinho, Can has impressed me a lot though. Coutinho would be an awesome impact sub.

View attachment 70820
SUBS: Ochoa/Jones, Flanagan, Sakho, Allen, Coutinho, Markovic, Lambert

REST OF SQUAD: Jones, Toure, Ilori, Enrique, Suso, Borini

This is how I expect to line up. Anyone I left out is sold. That looks strong to me. We don't need to sign another big name striker if he doesn't suit. For a while I was pessimistic but looking closer at our side makes me confident. Our bench looks strong as well.
Lallana injured

lol at that team. No where close to what's going to be actually there on the first day.

Can won't start, we won't have that formation and since when did we sign Ochoa?

Quote from BR

'There's no doubt we will look where we can, and if we can, to bring in another striker'

Was that before or after we signed Origi?

Lold at Ochoa.. and also don't understand continuing to include Moreno in draft sides..unless something drastic changes that deal is dead.. it's been said over and over.

Also we just lost our most creative player, fat chance we leave the next best creative player, and a player who has been destroying pre season, on the bench. Coutinho starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. Says 'I'll look for article then get back to you' -- article is nowhere to be seen -- implies other poster has no life because they're wondering where it is.

What sort of logical response is that honestly.

We really need a good 2nd striker, don't we, someone who plays more false 9 like, the Bergkamp type

Don't think there's any one like that out there. Looks like we aren't interested in Firmino who really would be great

Surely for the price Ballotelli is (I think a read a few pages back 15mil) he would be worth the gamble.

I know he is bit lazy and can be childish at times. But there is no denying he is talented.
If he got about 10-15 goals or more in the league I'd be happy with that.

Hell no to Balotelli and hell no that it would ever happen. Need to remember we have a star in Sturridge, the striker we bring in needs to be a supporting act.

Any big name signing we bring in, imo, needs to be in that winger/forward type.

I agree with that. But more important imo is getting in a decent full back. Johnson didn't look great last time out. No point spending £36 on your centre back pairing if they're getting no help on the outside.

Both are pretty important though.

I like the Origi arrangement though. Have another year at a club he's already comfortable at, hopefully have a great year and push for first team time year after that. Just another quick option for us up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back