The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate who supports Chelsea tried to give me s**t about being eliminated last night, but I gave him this analogy: Winning Europa/League Cup and to a lesser extent FA Cup is like sleeping with a fat chick, ultimately you count it towards your final tally but you don't really brag about it your mates.
So you're saying that if our club were a bloke, it's struggling and failing to score with fat chicks?

I know we can't exactly replace gerrard but who does everyone hope we sign to play his role? Khedira/pjanic/strootman? Others?

I know we can't exactly replace gerrard but who does everyone hope we sign to play his role? Khedira/pjanic/strootman? Others?
We're not in for Strootman or Khedira.

Who do I hope we sign? Pogba haha.

Who might we sign? It's looking like Pjanic is being scouted for sure.

Strootman recently injured his knee I believe and is at risk of never playing again, Highly doubt we would get Khedira, and apparently we want Pjanic but that is still a long shot, I'd see us getting someone like a Naingollan/Illaramendi type. Also hope we buy a CDM as well because having no cover for Lucas is hurting us at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is his 'role'? Right now, to be a living aura. He's had his position chopped and changed in an attempt to keep him in the team for a couple of years.

As far as attacking mids, we already have Coutinho coming on to replace him, and also Lallana. But Gerrard stopped being that player 5 years ago.

As a defensive midfielder? Lucas is already better and I suspect we'll dip into the market for a new player in that position, but not one in the mould of Gerrard.

As a deep lying playmaker? We don't really use one, but Henderson has that second deep midfield position on lock.

'Gerrard's replacement' is nothing but a media term. There is no replacement, from an objective perspective and sentimentally.

Can we get store credit for Lovren and get Schneiderlin?

I wonder what you actually would get for Spudren. Would be really relying on club stature pulling a bit of extra money, hard to see any club justifying using him to replace any starting CB in the EPL.

We still haven't found a Suarez replacement so I think we should prioritize that first.
We're beyond that point. Sanchez or Reus would have been awesome in the summer but both are obviously off the table.

The creativity and dynamic flow of our attacking system with a mix of Sturridge/Sterling/Cout/Lallana is fantastic.

Sturridge
Not applicable

Lol

Hardly a replacement if we don't have him in the squad. Does he play like Suarez? I don't watch the French league.

Anyway, like I said, the ship has sailed after the last two windows. We're playing with one striker so should Sturridge be unavailable Sterling slots in fine. If we buy a world class striker now, they will be behind Sturridge and probably behind Sterling and Coutinho as the other attackers playing deeper.

Yeah what about them? We are not playing a name your Liverpool strikers quiz.

Balo and Origi kicked ONE Premier League goal between them so far this season. How are they a Suarez replacement?

I'm saying we have 3 players that can play first team next season.

We need to fill other spots before the ST.

The creativity and dynamic flow of our attacking system with a mix of Sturridge/Sterling/Cout/Lallana is fantastic.

Yes they are not bad, but not good enough.

If Sturridge goes down again this season we won't be finishing in the top 4 with those lot alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back