The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
skrtel was in a red shirt so 3 match ban

To be expected. They wanted him banned no matter what.

Annoying how all the media coverage says Atkinson "did not see" the incident. That's bollocks. He was right behind it about 15m away. Rooney gets away with a similar challenge and actually injures our goalkeeper without so much of the FA battering an eyelid.

Also all of the previous retrospective bans have been for off the ball incidents. Farcical.

Ridiculous decision!!!!
When Skrtel lifted his right leg (from a normal running action), as he was putting his foot down, De Gea was already sliding in towards under Skrtel's foot.
As you can see in the video, at that speed, Skrtel's timing and precision has to be pinpoint perfect if his action was deliberate.

Last edited:
The FA are an absolute disgrace.. even more corrupt than FIFA, that's saying something.
I don't think they're corrupt like IOC/FIFA style organisations. I just think they're inept. They're trying to 'protect the brand', and consider acting against high profile incidents (i.e. in the matches with big global viewing audiences) to be very, very important.

Gerrard gets a red card for lashing out at Herrera for a bad tackle. Red card, fair enough. De Gea grabs Skrtel around the neck and gets nothing. Rooney & De Gea should both be suspended if the FA are consistent. It is an absolute disgrace and we should be looking into Atkinson saying he could not see the incident. That is clearly not true and he decided in the course of the game that Skrtel ' s collision with De Gea was accidental and the FA should have left it at that.

To be expected. They wanted him banned no matter what.

Annoying how all the media coverage says Atkinson "did not see" the incident. That's bollocks. He was right behind it about 15m away. Rooney gets away with a similar challenge and actually injures our goalkeeper without so much of the FA battering an eyelid.

Also all of the previous retrospective bans have been for off the ball incidents. Farcical.

It's possible (even likely) that Atkinson did not see the actual stamp, given that it happened so quickly and sneakily and amid several bodies - from watching the play, he would have seen a coming together between Skrtel and de Gea but not necessarily the stamp itself.

It's possible (even likely) that Atkinson did not see the actual stamp, given that it happened so quickly and sneakily and amid several bodies - from watching the play, he would have seen a coming together between Skrtel and de Gea but not necessarily the stamp itself.

He didn't say that though. He said he did not see the incident. If he had of submitted in his report what you said the FA would have been unable to charge him. Exactly the same thing happened when Aguero stamped (far more deliberate than Skrtels) last season on Luiz and got away with it because the FA deemed the referee ruled on it at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that alter it? I'm not sure what they're meant to admit to, but he saw the incident and doesn't think it's a stamp, so isn't that his call?

sktel.jpg

Does that alter it? I'm not sure what they're meant to admit to, but he saw the incident and doesn't think it's a stamp, so isn't that his call?

View attachment 118833

Wow that is blatant. How does Atkinson get away with saying "he did not see the incident"?
That's clearly a lie.

At the end of the day Skrtel was reckless and deserves his ban. Yes, the FA are a bunch of clowns and the lack of transparency is annoying but it doesn't change the fact that what Skrtel did was dumb. Can't we all just move on?

Spot on. He did the wrong thing, he's being punished or it. We were all livid that Costa was only punished for 1 of his 2 blatant stamps against us earlier in the season (1 on Can, 1 on Skrtel). With that in mind while we can hope that the FA are going to be incompetent enough to let him get away with it, it's a bit hypocritical to turn around and start arguing technicalities or loop holes for Skrtel to get off on.

At the end of the day Skrtel was reckless and deserves his ban. Yes, the FA are a bunch of clowns and the lack of transparency is annoying but it doesn't change the fact that what Skrtel did was dumb. Can't we all just move on?

Being reckless is a yellow cardable offense. Never been a red card offense. I don't blame Skrtel at all, he was chasing down a through ball late in the gang, was pushed by Phil Jones and accidentally stood on De Gea. Sort of thing happens game in and out.

We should never accept the FA ignoring their own rules in suspending one of our players otherwise we'll cop it in the future.

Spot on. He did the wrong thing, he's being punished or it. We were all livid that Costa was only punished for 1 of his 2 blatant stamps against us earlier in the season (1 on Can, 1 on Skrtel). With that in mind while we can hope that the FA are going to be incompetent enough to let him get away with it, it's a bit hypocritical to turn around and start arguing technicalities or loop holes for Skrtel to get off on.

I was happy with the Costs decision. There was only evidence that his first stamp was deliberate. Rightly so the FA deemed the second incident could have been accidental and they should have done the same with Skrtel.

he didn't do the wrong thing at all, unless you think it's wrong to sprint after a through ball to try and score an equaliser??

Ridiculous decision!!!!
When Skrtel lifted his right leg (from a normal running action), as he was putting his foot down, De Gea was already sliding in towards under Skrtel's foot.
As you can see in the video, at that speed, Skrtel's timing and precision has to be pinpoint perfect if his action was deliberate.

Yeah I really just dont get this. Everyone can call me bias or whatever but he is doing a normal running action, at pace. DDG is not lying still on the ground. DDG is sliding across the grass at some speed. A collision is always going to happen and DDG is sliding right into the path and space or where Skrtel is running. In fact DDG gets so much in and under Skrtel's path that he in fact has to jump over him.

I dont know where Skrtel is supposed to put his foot. It's the last foot he has to put down before making the leap. I just dont get it. It's a coming together, a foul sure, as he got there late. A yellow card maybe. But a deliberate stamp and a three game suspension.... riiiight. :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back