The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're dodging a massive bullet with Bacca.

but at least we're actively looking for strikers which isn't a bad thing.

Question now is, who'll be the next one we target? Fingers crossed we don't get sucked into Benteke.
Hernandez would be really good for us but would united sell to us?
#BentekeDestiny

Is Ings coming? Something about him makes me think he will fit right in at Liverpool.

I thought I read that he came back early from England u21s to train but I guess that was Ibe, who it's been publicised has returned to training early which makes me wonder who else is there? u21s perhaps, I can't find any information on it with a quick look through the offals archive.

Ings is set to join after his contract with Burnely expires on July 1 - so there you go, I guess he is training from there and there's no reason to think we wont see him live. I reckon he can make an impact too, just a question as to whether he'll have a good strike partner to play with - I'm beginning to think we'll get Benteke - and if he gets the minutes of course.

We're gonna be under the pump from match day 1 and BR probably maybe wont be going all out starting his new signings and giving them extended runs - Can, too I imagine wouldn't be playing 90 minutes every game straight up because he is young too and we want him playing every game not 90 minutes of maybe 25 games.

Perhaps some of the below posts will jog your memory.

Maybe not, though, since they're only from the last week:
Haha brilliant.

Hoping tomorrow we make the Clyne deal official with pics of him holding up a Liverpool shirt etc. Then we can move on to a striker.

Was Ljinders made official? And still no Assistant Manager?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I read that he came back early from England u21s to train but I guess that was Ibe, who it's been publicised has returned to training early which makes me wonder who else is there? u21s perhaps, I can't find any information on it with a quick look through the offals archive.

Ings is set to join after his contract with Burnely expires on July 1 - so there you go, I guess he is training from there and there's no reason to think we wont see him live. I reckon he can make an impact too, just a question as to whether he'll have a good strike partner to play with - I'm beginning to think we'll get Benteke - and if he gets the minutes of course. We're gonna be under the pump from match day 1 and BR probably maybe wont be going all out starting his new signings and giving them extended runs - Can, too I imagine wouldn't be playing 90 minutes every game straight up because he is young too and we want him playing every game not 90 minutes of maybe 25 games.
If we get Benteke, it will undo all the good work we have already done. What's the point of getting excellent, technical, creative players like Coutinho and Firmino, if they dont have someone quick with great movement to pick out the right passes to.

I guess I can see his pros - starting with, he is not slow, and not slow mentally, unlike as much as I hate to say it Balotelli or Lambert or even Borini probably will ever be. he is still 24 until the end of the year but has spent 3 seasons in England with decent numbers which I'm looking at, 10+ goals in each season (23 11 13), he is strong, he is technically good, he has desire and can score good goals. for me he has caught the eye, he annoyed me when he came on for petty reasons but I noticed his talent for sure.

Villa play 4-3-3 or at least Benteke alone basically up front yeah? For some reason I see something like Coutinho - Benteke - Firminho/Lallana working, with the backing behind them. He seems to be able to hold his own, create his own goals, work for the team (+ GENUINE THREAT IN BOX). We need someone who can come in from match day 1 and start up front with guys buzzing around him. I think the club is looking to stay within England using a bit of the 'Prem proven' crap, but I see some logic in it, the 'risk level', among other things. I guess. He does have a good record to back himself up though.

Now I've just watched highlights of LFC 1 - 3 Villa from a few years ago where he scored 2 and assisted 1, granted we had a s**t team then but so is Villas team most years :p plus he is 21 in this game and already looks like a bull. I am starting to like him now.

Last edited:
I guess I can see his pros - starting with, he is not slow, and not slow mentally, unlike as much as I hate to say it Balotelli or Lambert or even Borini probably will ever be. he is still 24 until the end of the year but has spent 3 seasons in England with decent numbers which I'm looking at, 10+ goals in each season (23 11 13), he is strong, he is technically good, he has desire and can score good goals. for me he has caught the eye, he annoyed me when he came on for petty reasons but I noticed his talent for sure.

Villa play 4-3-3 or at least Benteke alone basically up front yeah? For some reason I see something like Coutinho - Benteke - Firminho/Lallana working, with the backing behind them. He seems to be able to hold his own, create his own goals, work for the team (+ GENUINE THREAT IN BOX). We need someone who can come in from match day 1 and start up front with guys buzzing around him. I think the club is looking to stay within England using a bit of the 'Prem proven' crap, but I see some logic in it, the 'risk level', among other things. I guess. He does have a good record to back himself up though.

Now I've just watched highlights of LFC 1 - 3 Villa from a few years ago where he scored 2 and assisted 1, granted we had a s**t team then but so is Villas team most years :p plus he is 21 in this game and already looks like a bull. I am starting to like him now.
Nobody is saying though that Benteke is a bad player. In fact we all know he is a very good player but that doesnt mean it's the right type of player for us.

He is too big and lumbering. We want to press the ball at all times. Can Benteke do that consistently for 90 minutes up top? Is he lightning quick and excellent with the ball at his feet, can he link up play with Sturridge, Firmino and Coutinho? Or will he play with his back to goal, like Balo and slowing things down. Can he play off the shoulder and look to get in behind?

I dont know, ive seen a bit of Benteke over the years. Quality player, just not sold on him being the player to perfectly fit the mould at Liverpool. Also once Sturridge is back, fit and firing. Is anyone selecting Benteke?

I dont think so, you would go with a front three of Coutinho/Studge/Firmino. Do we want to pay 32 million for Benteke to sit on the bench? Can Benteke play in a front two with Sturridge, possible but I have my doubts on that working. Plus that pushes Coutinho to the point of a midfield diamond and Firmino to the bench.

Benteke can only play in one position and that is his drawback. Sturridge can play anywhere across the front three, we saw that with Suarez and the way they interchanged throughout the SAS year.

I do want to spend 30 million on a striker though, it just has to be a striker who fits our style and can play anywhere across a front three, to give us more options. Lacazette of course would be the perfect fit.

Seriously, this is the guy. I just wish we would throw everything at him. Throw all the Sterling money at him. What a statement of intent that would be to bring in Lacazette after Firmino. With Sturridge, Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic, Ings, Origi etc, suddenly we wouldnt be so goal shy I wouldnt think.

Shame it will never happen.

Also just on Lacazette. I havent heard any rumours linking him with any teams. I thought half of Europe would be all over him. Strange.

Seriously, this is the guy. I just wish we would throw everything at him. Throw all the Sterling money at him. What a statement of intent that would be to bring in Lacazette after Firmino. With Sturridge, Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic, Ings, Origi etc, suddenly we wouldnt be so goal shy I wouldnt think.

Shame it will never happen.

Also just on Lacazette. I havent heard any rumours linking him with any teams. I thought half of Europe would be all over him. Strange.

In an ideal world this would be player we'd 100% want... but a) Does the Rodgers committee want him b) would FSG be willing to stump up the cash for him?

He'd be our next Suarez IMO (without the baggage). Lets see if FSG truly have ambitions in getting us back to the UCL and more importantly bring some silverware to Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back