The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have read that BR is going to listen to offers for Lucas...
Wouldn't be happy if we kept the likes of Allen and sold Lucas. Especially when Lucas seemed to play his best football when Gerrard wasn't in the team.

Goalkeeper:
Mignolet, Simon
Bogdan, Adam

Defenders:
Clyne, Nathaniel
Flanagan, John
Moreno, Alberto
Enrique, Jose
Sakho, Mamadou
Skrtel, Martin
Lovren, Dejan
Tiago Ilori, Almeida
Toure, Kolo
Wisdom, Andre

Midfielders:
Henderson, Jordan
Milner, James
Lallana, Adam
Allen, Joe
Coutinho, Phillippe
Lucas, Leiva
Teixera, Joao Carlos
Alberto, Luis

Forwards:
Sturridge, Daniel
Firmino, Roberto
Ings, Danny
Borini, Fabio
Lambert, Rickie
Balotelli, Mario

Regarding the size of our current squad: with the list as it currently stands we have 26 players who need to be registered, obviously we're only allowed 25 (and ideally we'd have less than that given the amount of football likely to be played by Can, Ibe, Markovic, Origi, Sterling if he stays etc) so we still need to offload a few. So, who isn't making the cut? I'd be selling/loaning out Enrique, Wisdom, Luis Alberto, Borini, Balotelli, and maybe Lambert (though I don't think it'd be the worst idea to retain him - costing us next to nothing, adds experience and offers that magical plan B we're often looking for against sides that sit deep against us) which takes us down to 20-21. Sorted.

Last edited:

Great link. I agree with it too. Benteke is young and an already established talent. I don't think it is good player comparison but I am a little gun shy after the whole Moses loan. I thought Moses was a very handy player during his other prem stints. He then completely stunk it up for us.

Whoever we bring in, let's hope the manager gives him a chance. I have sympathies for borini, lambert and balo who had sterling preferred (possibly quite rightly) before allowing any of them a chance at settling in the team.

This from the Gurardian, anyone know anything about the kid?

The club have also capitalised on Barcelona’s transfer problems by agreeing terms with 16-year-old Dutch winger Bobby Adekanye. The teenager’s move to Barcelona from Ajax’s academy in 2011 was declared illegal by Fifa and he spent last season on loan at PSV Eindhoven as a result. Both PSV and Ajax were keen to sign the promising youngster on a permanent basis this summer following his release from Barcelona but he is expected to finalise a move to Anfield next week.

This from the Gurardian, anyone know anything about the kid?

The club have also capitalised on Barcelona’s transfer problems by agreeing terms with 16-year-old Dutch winger Bobby Adekanye. The teenager’s move to Barcelona from Ajax’s academy in 2011 was declared illegal by Fifa and he spent last season on loan at PSV Eindhoven as a result. Both PSV and Ajax were keen to sign the promising youngster on a permanent basis this summer following his release from Barcelona but he is expected to finalise a move to Anfield next week.

Don't know much about the kid other then that he's a jet. He's bloody fast. Sterling fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep

Let's compare Raheem Sterling's contract situation to Wayne Rooney's in 2013! One of England's all time greats compared to a 20 year old who could be something but as of yet hasn't even scored 10 goals in a season. Yeah, let's give him 200k a week and the armband.

Hendo, in my eyes, isn't exactly the greatest choice for captain but we don't have a lot of options. Raheem is certainly not high on the list.

Yep

Let's compare Raheem Sterling's contract situation to Wayne Rooney's in 2013! One of England's all time greats compared to a 20 year old who could be something but as of yet hasn't even scored 10 goals in a season. Yeah, let's give him 200k a week and the armband.

Hendo, in my eyes, isn't exactly the greatest choice for captain but we don't have a lot of options. Raheem is certainly not high on the list.

Best possible captain in our side now is Lucas, alas....

Hendo being the captain is alright, but dunno why we're making him take all the set pieces and pens

Sterling being captain would be loads of fun, team bonding sessions at Korean shisha pipe joints then go back to his pad for some laughing gas, plus unprotected sex to top it off

Best possible captain in our side now is Lucas, alas....

Hendo being the captain is alright, but dunno why we're making him take all the set pieces and pens

Sterling being captain would be loads of fun, team bonding sessions at Korean shisha pipe joints then go back to his pad for some laughing gas
Permacrocked and soon to be out of favour to the handsome Emre Can unfortunately. I do love lucas.

Emre Can has captaincy written all over him.

Shame he's quite new to the team.
Can would be a great captain.
Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back