The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i

push allen back to DM and go with a 4-2-1-3
I'm assuming the article this was in was scraped from the bottom most bit of the barrell.

Speaking of Lacazette, bought him in my FM Hoffenheim save (for 15 mil at 42k per week, ha)

Won the title on head to head after tying with Bayern on points and goal difference on the very last game (trailed 1-0 in that one too, won 1-2), Lacazette scored 29 league goals

Benteke scored 14 for Villa

None of that is relevant whatsoever to Liverpool, however

I'm assuming the article this was in was scraped from the bottom most bit of the barrell.

With 1 or 2 exceptions, ESPN writers/pundits are generally pretty woeful these days. As bad as the red top rags when it comes to click bait and blatant partisan 'journalism', a few of them have spent the entire summer taking pot shots at Liverpool (what point does this article actually illustrate?), and they don't even bother disguising the fact that they do absolutely zero research into the teams/players they are supposed to be reporting on.

If I hear Steve Nicol talk about a wingers job being to "run up en down the wing, get down tae byline and whip it in tae the big man" I'll be putting my remote through the tv.

Last edited:
With 1 or 2 exceptions, ESPN writers/pundits are generally pretty woeful these days. As bad as the red top rags when it comes to click bait and blatant partisan 'journalism', a few of them have spent the entire summer taking pot shots at Liverpool (what point does this article actually illustrate?), and they don't even bother disguising the fact that they do absolutely zero research into the teams/players they are supposed to be reporting on.

If I hear Steve Nicol talk about a wingers job being to "run up en down the wing, get down tae byline and whip it in tae the big man" I'll be putting my remote through the tv.
Steve Nicol reporting from 1982

Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna are said to be interested in securing Luis Albertos services, but a fee has yet to be agreed between the two sides.

We bought him a few years ago for like 6mil so I'm thinking we will make a loss on him.

Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna are said to be interested in securing Luis Albertos services, but a fee has yet to be agreed between the two sides.

We bought him a few years ago for like 6mil so I'm thinking we will make a loss on him.
Yeah id assume the fee would be around 3 million or so. Cant imagine Deportivo having bags of cash so no way do we make our money back on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read they wanted a loan.

Dying inside just a little. Still trying to come to terms with him not being in the team next season. Scoring a cracking goal and wheeling away, an obligatory knee slide or the jump in the air with the little fist pump he does.

:cry:

Tbh I think the time was right for him to move on, while I think he still could've been useful for us up forward, we seem fixated in playing him in midfield when he can't anymore. So might as well just let go and he gets some nice cash under the LA sun

The problem is replacing him, Milner ain't enough

In regards to some people saying a lot of big name players would be more interested in signing for Liverpool if we had a well known coach with the runs on the board, my 10 cents.

In a world like AFL I would possibly say that would be possible but in the big money game of world football that is a really idealistic way of looking at it. A player is not going to sign for a club that is offering less than another club purely based on the fact that the coach had success at another club at another point in time. That Klopp had success 3 years ago in another league in another country with another team really has zero relevance to a new player coming in to a squad. It may initially give some feel good factor to a player "Klopp rates me" but if the club isn't offering the financial package then there not going to sign.

A lot of the reason players come out and say they want to go to Chelsea, City/United is not only the fact they've been successful recently is because it would be well known that those are the clubs that are head and shoulders above when it comes to player payments.

The only reason I would be bringing in a new manager would be if I thought he would be a greater on field manager, bringing in a new manager in the hope that they'll drag along a higher caliber of player is something that happens in amateur leagues but not in professional football.

It's an owners issue mainly I think

Just look at this bunch of propaganda spinny bs detached from facts that Ian Ayre's sprouting

“I stood on the Kop for many years as a fan, and like everyone else I’d love to buy all the greatest players, regardless of price,” he told the League Managers’ Association magazine The Manager.

“But, as we saw under the club’s previous ownership, things can all go very wrong financially; then people will hold you accountable for not running the club in the right way.

“You can’t work that way. You have to have a very detailed, thought-out plan and ensure everyone buys into it and adheres to it.

“That is what we have been doing and will continue to do.

We will be able to invest more than we have in the past
“It doesn’t mean we are not investing in or buying good players; we are just doing it in a smart and sustainable way.

“We may not be competing in the Champions League this year but we are still making progress as a club and continuing to add quality to our squad.

Any club that employs Ian Ayre as CEO kinda deserves it, he wasn't even good enough for Huddersfield

There was an interesting article on the anfield wrap recently from a City fan talking about their owners where he also touched on FSG and made some interesting points that I think many people on here seem to share.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/07/liverpool-the-model-of-the-model-owners/

It’ll be interesting to see what FSG do next. I don’t for one minute believe that you’ve spent hard this summer without banking on the Sterling money coming in. But lets imagine for one minute that they have. Is there really a plan there to aggressively get you back into the top four? As Neil Atkinson said on a show recently, you can’t buy players to finish fourth — you have to buy to try to win the league because ultimately that’s exactly how City, Arsenal, United and Chelsea are going to spend.

I don’t see FSG spending like that. I see them spending in exactly the same manner as Spurs, right up to and including the signing of Firmino which has all the echoes of Lamela joining Spurs after Bale left. Their trying to find a back door to the Champions League without committing anything like the wages required to do it. This is just my opinion, but that’s not good enough for where Liverpool should be. I don’t spend the hours I do listening to the Wrap and the TAW player stuff because I hate Liverpool, quite the opposite. I feel a real affinity with the supporters, not least because one of my best friends is a life-long Red. I’d love to see you guys usurp United, but to do that you need an owner committed to doing it, with a long-term plan.

FSG’s plan seems to be bank on UEFA and FFP doing them a favour, which is never going to happen. We all know in ANY walk of life money talks, especially when it’s cash money not loaned from a banking institution.

Yeah, we're buying Firmino on the assumption that we'll sell Sterling, pretty sure. Coz FSG ain't dishing out another 30 mil for Benteke out of their own pockets

They'll sell the club soon after the stadium expansion's done I think, they'll make a huge profit from selling us while never really spent much outta their own pockets. So they've done well for themselves

I hope I'm not shouted down for this, but I'm pretty positive about that fact that Gerrard and the club have parted. Mostly in part that over the last couple of years, the manager has had to spend time finding a spot for him in a side. It'll be nice to finally see a midfield develop without Gerrard being shoehorned into roles he clearly can't play at an elite level.

It would have been great to have him on as a super sub forward and a presence around the club, but strictly on field, I think we could really move forward without him.

Long live the Henderson/Can duo.

Last edited:
Gerrard threw his toys out the pram when he said he left because he was dropped to the bench for a game or two so good riddance.

Yeah, we're buying Firmino on the assumption that we'll sell Sterling, pretty sure. Coz FSG ain't dishing out another 30 mil for Benteke out of their own pockets

They'll sell the club soon after the stadium expansion's done I think, they'll make a huge profit from selling us while never really spent much outta their own pockets. So they've done well for themselves

Rumors we are looking to loan Markovic out this season. Would be a good move IMO.

If we are loaning Markovic I don't see us selling Sterling because that would leave us with Ibe being the sole genuine winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back