Liverpool
image.jpg

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
@liverpooIstuff: Emre Can being used as a DM in today's game for the U-21's and Coutinho in the midfield three. Make of that what you will

Makes a lot of sense and really, Coutinho in midfield (as we saw in our default set up in 2013/14) alongside 2 of Can/Lucas and Henderson/Milner is the only logical way to fit in the attacking options we have. Personally I think it's his best position because it means he's on the ball more frequently, and he has more passing options ahead of him once he gets the ball.
But does it make sense.

That means we push Milner to the bench.

So a 4-3-3.

---------Can
-----Hendo Coutinho
Firmino Benteke Lallana

You can switch any of Lallana/Ibe/Markovic/Sturridge in that 3rd spot up top in the 4-3-3 but that leaves Milner on the bench. I think Milner was brought in to start a lot of games and those starts will come in the center of midfield.

Henderson is the captain and integral to our midfield. He plays. We need a third defensive midfielder so that has to be one of Can, Lucas or at a pinch, Allen.

I dont see how Coutinho can drop into a midfield three personally.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
But does it make sense.

That means we push Milner to the bench.

So a 4-3-3.

---------Can
-----Hendo Coutinho
Firmino Benteke Lallana

You can switch any of Lallana/Ibe/Markovic/Sturridge in that 3rd spot up top in the 4-3-3 but that leaves Milner on the bench. I think Milner was brought in to start a lot of games and those starts will come in the center of midfield.

Henderson is the captain and integral to our midfield. He plays. We need a third defensive midfielder so that has to be one of Can, Lucas or at a pinch, Allen.

I dont see how Coutinho can drop into a midfield three personally.

No-one is ever guaranteed a starting spot whether they're a new signing or a long term servant of the club. Milner has played well during preseason, but he's just 1 of a number of very good players we have competing for a limited number of positions in midfield and has no greater claim to a spot than anyone else. Ditto Benteke up front.

Rodgers may have told him that he thinks he'll play a lot of football for us - but I'm sure he's said the same thing to Henderson, Lallana, Ibe, Firmino, Coutinho, Lucas, Can etc etc.

For me personally, Lallana is the better player so I'd start him ahead of Milner if practical. That formation you've posted looks pretty good and at this stage I wouldn't be surprised if that was how we started the season against Stoke.

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
I've said it before, but as you're all on about a 4-3-3 I'll say it again: The diamond with FBs providing width and Firmino in a free role with Benteke #9.

------- The Firm -- Tekkers
--------------- Couta
--------- Milno ----- Hendo
--------- Can/Lucas/Allen
Moreno - Sakho - Skrtel - Clyne
---------------- Migs

Subs: Bogdan, Gomez, Lovren, Lallana, Ibe, Markovic, Ings

Realistically, Lallana will probably start until Firmino gets used to the league, but I have high hopes for the neck tattoo. Gomez can fill in any position defensively, but as he's so young, you have Lovren there for a CB switch. Adam, Jordan and Lazar will be hoping Firmino+Benteke do well enough that two out of that three get on before Ings.

More importantly - what's with Moomba comparing Daniel Radcliffe to O'Rourke? Clearly doesn't spend a lot of time around ladies with his adam's apple comment, but Harry Potter?? Dodgy.

Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool | Golden State Warriors
I've said it before, but as you're all on about a 4-3-3 I'll say it again: The diamond with FBs providing width and Firmino in a free role with Benteke #9.

--------------- Couta
---------------- Migs

Yeah, this. :thumbsu:

--------------- Couta
---------------- Migs

Realistically, Lallana will probably start until Firmino gets used to the league, but I have high hopes for the neck tattoo. Gomez can fill in any position defensively, but as he's so young, you have Lovren there for a CB switch. Adam, Jordan and Lazar will be hoping Firmino+Benteke do well enough that two out of that three get on before Ings.

More importantly - what's with Moomba comparing Daniel Radcliffe to O'Rourke? Clearly doesn't spend a lot of time around ladies with his adam's apple comment, but Harry Potter?? Dodgy.
Very nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
Gave up on nicknames half way through Ratts? :p

Tbh I'd have Milner on the park instead of Henderson but he is the big C. A bit of a difficult situation because he's still not a nailed on first XI player if we bring in more quality in his position.
I also thought Hendo might get pushed out by Milner in a 4-3-3 and it's great we now have cover for that busy role (and Milko is a better finisher). BR said in 13/14 that Hendo's suspension was what cost us the title, and so could well have promised Milli Vanilli the central role because he knew that position was so key to his teams. But at the start of 13/14 we also underrated Henderson, and with the Captaincy and how regularly BR played him and The Miln together throughout pre-season, I think he'll go with them throughout the opening 6 or 7 matches at least.

And long-term, using that 'premiership-proven' double-dynamo alongside Coutinho would allow for rotation in the other positions, ensuring Lazar, Ibe, Can and the junior FBs & strikers can continue developing. It would also stay the same in formations with three attackers, because you could drop the DM or go to 3 at the back. With the tough tackling Milnerrard showed even in pre-season as well as his younger legs and eye for a goal, he could be the Stevie G Lite. ...Milner Lite.

Can you see why I gave up on the nicknames halfway through?

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Gave up on nicknames half way through Ratts? :p

Tbh I'd have Milner on the park instead of Henderson but he is the big C. A bit of a difficult situation because he's still not a nailed on first XI player if we bring in more quality in his position.

I dunno, I think Hendo and Milner are different in a sense that Milner probably does his best work going forward whereas Henderson is probably more incline to do it both ways

I'd still have a Lucas and/or Can behind them both or just one of them, big test for Can if he's playing holding mid this season

Leiviathan

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
What about Jose's comments?? Hard not to like the guy when he saying such ridiculous things with a straight face!!

What about Jose's comments?? Hard not to like the guy when he saying such ridiculous things with a straight face!!

about everyone else trying to buy the league? he is a good troll, i do like his pressers, "chelsea like a little horse learning how to jump" still cracks me up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back