The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, where to start with that. Let me first get this off my chest.

******* ******* * OFF YOU BUNCH OF ******* campaignerS * * * *F CUFKCICFUSIDHVFUIDLZGNHVDSILHLDGILTUSEROF

REFFJURTCNIYUHSTCIUYUIRSEYTGEWTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel I need to approach this in waves, like a step by step break down of why we are so ******* shite.

First off, why have we gone in unchanged at home to West Ham with the same team that was designed to dig our heels in, in a tough away game to Arsenal.

The team was so defensive with absolutely no width at all. We had two number 10's trying to be our wide players, we had Gomez playing left with no left foot and we had 6 defensive players in the back four and Can and Lucas with no goals in them.

At home against a team like West Ham we should be playing two up front. Why couldnt we have gone in with something like this.

-----------Mig
Clyne Skrtel Lovren (if we must) Moreno
------------Can
-------Milner Coutinho
----------Firmino
-------Benteke Ings

You know at home, West Ham are going to give up all the possession to us, give Benteke somebody to link up with and get Clyne and Moreno wide to give us actual width. Why were we going into the game do defensively?? And if you really wanted to be that much more solid in midfield then Lucas can start, push Can up next to Milner and Coutinho to the tip of the diamond. Firmino can head to the bench as he isnt completely match fit anyways.

So right from the off, I though the team selection and set up was off once again. That's 3 out of 4 times this season Rodgers has got it wrong from the off. We got lucky against Stoke and Bournemouth. The only time he got it right was against Arsenal and last night he got it wrong again and this time paid for it heavily.

Joe Gomez.

Now it's not his fault as he is not left footed at all and he is playing out of position. But why does Brendan Rodgers think it's a good idea to play 4-3-3 with two number 10's up next to Benteke.

Coutinho and Firmino are gonna drift inside 95% of the time. Ok, so knowing that, we need our FB's to bomb on and provide width but EVERY ******* time Gomez got the ball in a wide position, he had to check back and backwards and sideways.

Why? Because he has no left foot. The one ball he finally did attempt to put into the box was skewed high and wide into the crowd. It was incredibly easy to defend against.

He was also half at fault for the first game. He was on his heels and was reacting to others rather than just doing it himself. How he isnt first to that ball to clear it away is mind boggling.

Im not calling out Gomez. He has been sensational in the first three games. He was poor against West Ham but he is just a kid. He has a bright future but he needs to learn from that mistake that cost his team a goal. Plus if he is to be deployed at LB then he needs to work on his left foot.

That's unfair on him as he is a RB/CB so playing him at LB is on Rodgers.

Dejan Lovren.

He is comical. It's embarrassing.

I swear to all the gods that if he is starting against Man United I will officially be off the Rodgers bandwagon. You are all witnesses with this statement.

IF DEJAN LOVREN STARTS AGAINST MANCHESTER UNITED I WILL ACTIVELY WANT BRENDAN RODGERS TO BE RELIEVED OF HIS DUTIES.

I never turn against a manager (expect WOY) because I will always support the man in charge, it's the Liverpool way but this nonsense at the start of the season with Sakho is utter bullshit. Sakho is by far and away the superior player. I knew it would only be a matter of time before Lovren cost us a game. Here it is.

He. Simply. Isnt. Good. Enough.

If Rodgers cant see it and doesnt install Sakho back in then the above statement stands. He has a responsibility in his job as Liverpool FC manager to do what is in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club and that means playing your best ******* CB INSTEAD OF THAT ******* USELESS campaigner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DHFSDUIFHSUIO HGTFVISHVFUSAHFUER campaigner * * campaignerONG FUNCKKKKKIDIFHI

Martin Skrtel.

What the * was with that header for the first goal. Then the kinda give up defending on the third goal. Sometimes I think we let Skrtel cruise by because he is usually partnered with someone epically s**t.

Right now id rather go into the United game with a Kolo/Sakho partnership. That's after three successive clean sheets.

Maybe im being harsh though, he is probably the best of a bad bunch, outside of Sakho that is.

Creation.

We havent looked like scoring goals all season. Two in four games now.

Benteke is a bust like I knew he would be. We dont play to his strengths, he is isolated most of the time, he is not the kind of striker we need to play within our setup and what we like to do.

We looked instantly better when Ings came on.

MOVEMENT.

******* MOVE BENTEKE.

Cant wait til Sturridge gets back. Please stay fit. Sturridge might actually make us half decent again.

Having said all that, what exactly are we trying to do. Maybe the system works but needs movement. We played 4-3-3 two years ago but SAS were devastating with their movement. Plus one of the front three was a genuine wide player in Sterling.

Now we have two number 10's in Firm and Cout and big Benteke.

I think we might be better off playing Ings, Sturridge and Ibe in a front three. Two blokes with excellent movement and one genuine wide player.

In any case. Most teams know how to beat us. Park the bus. We can never, ever break it down. Watching us flail about against West Ham last night after going down and early goal was hilarious. CREATED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Worse still was we looked out of ideas after 20 minutes.

I could go on but I just cant talk about it anymore.

If that was all TL;DR

Gomez not a LB.
Lovren is s**t.
Benteke is s**t.
We cant score goals.
We cant defend.
We have no real system or plan.
We have no width.
We're s**t.
Like last season, Sturridge is the only answer and it's a long shot at that.
Rodgers ice is so thin it's pretty much water.

Martin Skrtel.

What the **** was with that header for the first goal. Then the kinda give up defending on the third goal. Sometimes I think we let Skrtel cruise by because he is usually partnered with someone epically s**t.

Right now id rather go into the United game with a Kolo/Sakho partnership. That's after three successive clean sheets.

Maybe im being harsh though, he is probably the best of a bad bunch, outside of Sakho that is.

I would actually give Skrtel less of a beating for the first goal since I think it was more of the problem of the entire defense dropping way too deep and allow West Ham to just get players in the box unchecked. You gotta hold your line to a certain point (just around the edge of the box) and not retreat that much, it's just asking for trouble

He was deplorable for the 3rd goal though, too much standing off by everyone, it's ridiculous

Btw you might need your whole rant thread going by the past 10 posts ;)

I would actually give Skrtel less of a beating for the first goal since I think it was more of the problem of the entire defense dropping way too deep and allow West Ham to just get players in the box unchecked. You gotta hold your line to a certain point (just around the edge of the box) and not retreat that much, it's just asking for trouble

He was deplorable for the 3rd goal though, too much standing off by everyone, it's ridiculous

Btw you might need your whole rant thread going by the past 10 posts ;)
I do give Skrtel the benefit of the doubt. I mean the whole backline has dropped too deep, he heads it away but it's directly to a West Ham player. I dont know.

I like Skrtel, I dont mind him, I much rather him next to Sakho though.

Martin Skrtel.

What the **** was with that header for the first goal. Then the kinda give up defending on the third goal. Sometimes I think we let Skrtel cruise by because he is usually partnered with someone epically s**t.

When you look at all our rubbish CB pairings since the days of Carragher and Hyypia/Agger the common denominator in all those pairings is Skrtel. He's had two seasons where he was a solid 7/10 but for the most part he's just an average defender.

People used to bag Sakho for his passing (which is actually good), well Lovren makes him look like Pirlo
I dont get why people have this myth about Sakho's passing.

The only negative I have about him is that he "looks" awkward. He looks like he isnt a class footballer. Yet everything he does, says that he is.

That's it. Boggles the mind why he isnt playing.

When you look at all our rubbish CB pairings since the days of Carragher and Hyypia/Agger the common denominator in all those pairings is Skrtel. He's had two seasons where he was a solid 7/10 but for the most part he's just an average defender.
Yeah Lovren is good its just Skrtz fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could go on but I just cant talk about it anymore.

If that was all TL;DR

Gomez not a LB.
Lovren is s**t.
Benteke is s**t.
We cant score goals.
We cant defend.
We have no real system or plan.
We have no width.
We're s**t.
Like last season, Sturridge is the only answer and it's a long shot at that.
Rodgers ice is so thin it's pretty much water.

To me a lot of these are issues we've had the last 12 months and beyond. Players being played out of position, Lovren being s**t, lone striker not fitting the system and having zero support and basically a lot of the time looking clueless regarding how to create.

Two goals in four. One was offside and one was a wonder goal. It's not good

Skrtel does need someone to hold his hand, that I have no doubt about. He has failed to be that strong leader and organiser in defence that Carragher and Agger were. It is time we rebuilt our defence and it means selling Skrtel and putting Lovren out to pasture since they have have failed to show they can be a great partnership. I think we either play Illori or Gomez with Sakho and see what they can do and then against sides that park the bus we have Moreno starting on the left. In games where we play on the counter then we can play with a less attacking defence.

think we need to settle down a bit.
the team looked flat not surprising given we had a tough game on tuesday and its still early im not willing to judge too harshly til round 8 thats what saf use to do so im doing it to.
having said that its #strike 1 for rodgers 3 strikes before christmas and he goes.
strikes are awarded for performances that embarrass the club ala last night

Im definitely not anti-BR. Ill always support the manager.
From Aug 21. :) And it's interesting you say that we should've started Ings, seeing as you've never suggested he should start in the past. Might be another example of people being a bit unfair with their use of hindsight? He did look good when he came on.
I dont get why people have this myth about Sakho's passing.

The only negative I have about him is that he "looks" awkward. He looks like he isnt a class footballer. Yet everything he does, says that he is.

That's it. Boggles the mind why he isnt playing.
I haven't heard people say Sakho is bad at passing. Generally it is complemented, as he often goes direct along the dirt to the likes of Coutinho or a forward. He has made some poor passes down back, though, most recently in Australia during pre-season.

Also, I don't remember the ground being half-full. Anyone else see that or just Cooldude?

From Aug 21. :) And it's interesting you say that we should've started Ings, seeing as you've never suggested he should start in the past. Might be another example of people being a bit unfair with their use of hindsight? He did look good when he came on.

I haven't heard people say Sakho is bad at passing. Generally it is complemented, as he often goes direct along the dirt to the likes of Coutinho or a forward. He has made some poor passes down back, though, most recently in Australia during pre-season.

Also, I don't remember the ground being half-full. Anyone else see that or just Cooldude?

Everyone left early.

Do you live here? I am pretty sure you do

mars-a1.jpg

Also jod has stuck by BR for a long time, so mindlessly and condescendingly categorizing people based on your own imagination is not very nice

Last edited:
Also jod has stuck by BR for a long time, so mindlessly and condescendingly categorizing people based on your own imagination is not very nice
Don't forget to mention "smug"! Your desire to push a narrative about me is getting pretty darn old, which means everyone else must be hating it, so I don't particularly want to have to respond to you. However, if you bring up something which I'm not sure is true I may ask other people about it. Do not take this as some personal offence or something.

I genuinely don't remember seeing many empty seats during the game and I wanted to check. The cameras showed some people getting up to leave, but of course almost all of the crowd were still there in those shots, so I asked the question. The 3rd goal on the 90th min may have created a mass exodus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back