The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris (from 2:40 on) has a great recount of his experience walking out

That was a really good recap of the walk out.

It made me think a little differently about it. I was critical of our own fans abandoning the team but he summed it up pretty well. I still dont think I would have walked out though, just me personally.

Ones?

Dont you mean all girls, ever.

Oooooh the feminists aren't gonna be happy with that, jod ;)

Nah not all girls are crazy, just like people there are shite ones and good ones, regardless of gender. I just knew this one who was always late by 30+ mins at least (if I'm lucky) to everything and make me wait all the time, goes bat s**t neurotic insane over the smallest thing not going her way (like stare at you with psycho eyes and scream) and even hit me and s**t. I would just mouth back at her and say she's insane and stop being selfish, all the home truth stuff. Then she'd go crying to her mates, play the victim and say I'm the one bullying her

Luckily I tell her sis and parents that she was bloody crazy and they tell me that's how she is at home and yeah I told her to piss off and I don't bother seeing her again. Her mates really did believe she was the helpless one though, when you're good at being two-faced....

She also quote Marilyn Monroe and whatever it was that she said, that's how you spot the crazy ones

Oooooh the feminists aren't gonna be happy with that, jod ;)

Nah not all girls are crazy, just like people there are shite ones and good ones, regardless of gender. I just knew this one who was always late by 30+ mins at least (if I'm lucky) to everything and make me wait all the time, goes bat s**t neurotic insane over the smallest thing not going her way (like stare at you with psycho eyes and scream) and even hit me and s**t. I would just mouth back at her and say she's insane and stop being selfish, all the home truth stuff. Then she'd go crying to her mates, play the victim and say I'm the one bullying her

Luckily I tell her sis and parents that she was bloody crazy and they tell me that's how she is at home and yeah I told her to piss off and I don't bother seeing her again. Her mates really did believe she was the helpless one though, when you're good at being two-faced....

She also quote Marilyn Monroe and whatever it was that she said, that's how you spot the crazy ones
Dont even get me started on women bro. Just dont. Haha.

Really, I dont like the Origi, Benteke, Sturridge trident. Sturridge is back now, there is no need for Benteke, as harsh as that is.

Stick Sturridge up top, with Coutinho and Firmino around him. A midfield three of Can/Hendo and Lucas or Milner whichever you prefer. Then watch the goals happen.
I know you have a bit of a man crush on Can but I think he needs a spell on the bench, that's why I'd go that front three and play Cout & Firm behind with either of Lucas, Hendo, Milner or Lallana and whatever 4 defenders we have fit. I don't think we can get anything out of the league now so would like to see a little bit of experimenting, if Benteke can't work with Sturridge (who is our number 1) he has to go. Can't have a 32 million pound player playing a 10 minute cameo every week. I also think Bentekes value can't drop anymore so if he hits a bit of form we may get some more money if we do decide to sell.

On a side note, is it a pitty that a lot of fans talk about the business side of football as much as they do about what happens on the pitch now?

So villa are without Graelish and potentially gestede and Sanchez and we potentially have Coutinho, Sturbridge and orrigi all back.

But it's Villa. We probably have 20 shots on for naught and concede on our only shot on against!

On that excellent summation of the feelings around the walkout, you would expect some very very passionate support at villa park and then our next home match. It obviously wasn't something fans would hope they have to do any time soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you have a bit of a man crush on Can but I think he needs a spell on the bench, that's why I'd go that front three and play Cout & Firm behind with either of Lucas, Hendo, Milner or Lallana and whatever 4 defenders we have fit. I don't think we can get anything out of the league now so would like to see a little bit of experimenting, if Benteke can't work with Sturridge (who is our number 1) he has to go. Can't have a 32 million pound player playing a 10 minute cameo every week. I also think Bentekes value can't drop anymore so if he hits a bit of form we may get some more money if we do decide to sell.

On a side note, is it a pitty that a lot of fans talk about the business side of football as much as they do about what happens on the pitch now?
What made you think the Origi/Sturridge/Benteke front three was working? I didnt think it functioned too well at all. Benteke was central and couldnt link play and Sturridge was shunted out wide and he is far better playing through the middle.

I just think Benteke makes us a worse side. So having him on the pitch for me is a no-go. Now that Sturridge is fit, why would we want to try to shoehorn Benteke onto the pitch.

Just play the dream front three of Phil, Dan and Bob.

Then put a midfield three behind them. Any three of Milner, Hendo, Lucas, Can or Lallana.

For a best case scenario team would it be better to have Sturridge and Firmino up front instead of a front 3 with Coutinho?

Something like this down the line? Thoughts?

------Sturridge-Firmino
----------Coutinho
-----Milner-Can-Henderson
Smith-Sakho-Lovren-Clyne
-----------Mignolet

For a best case scenario team would it be better to have Sturridge and Firmino up front instead of a front 3 with Coutinho?

Something like this down the line? Thoughts?

------Sturridge-Firmino
----------Coutinho
-----Milner-Can-Henderson
Smith-Sakho-Lovren-Clyne
-----------Mignolet
I thought Klopp always operated with a front three at Dortmund. Anyone watch more Klopp's Dortmund and can back that up?

I thought Klopp always operated with a front three at Dortmund. Anyone watch more Klopp's Dortmund and can back that up?
We could do that but the question I have is would Firmino play well at RW?

What made you think the Origi/Sturridge/Benteke front three was working? I didnt think it functioned too well at all. Benteke was central and couldnt link play and Sturridge was shunted out wide and he is far better playing through the middle.

I just think Benteke makes us a worse side. So having him on the pitch for me is a no-go. Now that Sturridge is fit, why would we want to try to shoehorn Benteke onto the pitch..

To be fair to them they haven't had much time to make it work nor have I seen them together for any length of time to say it wont work. I'm coming at this from the thought that Klopp hasn't decided on Bentekes future, which he may have, but if he hasn't it's games like this against "weaker" opposition that is a good time to find out what does/doesn't work. I don't think Origi, Sturridge, Firm or Cout are going anywhere next season (not by our choice at least) so lets see if it's worth keeping the big Belgium at all or buying a twin 'non-refundable' ticket back to Bussels to send him and flappy arms at the other end of the pitch on their way.

Again, before I feel the wrath of mob, this is looking at it from the point of Klopp still not knowing if Benteke will be at Melwood next year.

Love this from Klopp.

“If a player only wants to come to us to play in the Champions League, short-term ideas are always silly.

“I don't like this. I don't like it when players say 'ah, but you're not in the Champions League'. We want to GET you because we want to play in the Champions League.

“If you don't want to help us, and want to jump on a running train, then go somewhere else.

“You need the right mentality and quality. That's how it is. If there's a player who won't join Liverpool because we don't play in the Champions League or will only join because we're in the Champions League, that's not for us."

I watched the Sunderland vs Man U game this morning, man that Trevor Francis is a twat. Also their new signing Khazri looked a player, cost around 9 million. I see these players pop up at every club yearly but ours, when was the last time we bought someone for "peanuts" that was quality from the start. Coutinho is probably the only example I can think of.

To be fair to them they haven't had much time to make it work nor have I seen them together for any length of time to say it wont work. I'm coming at this from the thought that Klopp hasn't decided on Bentekes future, which he may have, but if he hasn't it's games like this against "weaker" opposition that is a good time to find out what does/doesn't work. I don't think Origi, Sturridge, Firm or Cout are going anywhere next season (not by our choice at least) so lets see if it's worth keeping the big Belgium at all or buying a twin 'non-refundable' ticket back to Bussels to send him and flappy arms at the other end of the pitch on their way.

Again, before I feel the wrath of mob, this is looking at it from the point of Klopp still not knowing if Benteke will be at Melwood next year.
I think Klopp would already have a pretty good idea whether he wants to keep Benteke around or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back