The Black dog

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
This morning i found out have lost another friend to depression. the second one in 6 months. Not only was he a devoted husband but was the father to 2 beautiful children. He was also a great Collingwood man. we served in the Navy together and I have so many great memories of ANZAC days together. My favorite memories of him was whenever we were at sea and we had no TV reception he would ring me from the bridge of the ship whenever he was on watch whilst i sat in the sickbay hitting F9 refreshing the scores(most of the time bigfooty). every 5 minutes he would want a update. he loved Collingwood

I hate this campaigner of of disease. Im ******* devastated. i had no idea my mate was suffering so much inside.

That is very sad mate.

That problem with Deprssion with men. They think they look like Wusses IF they come out and say they have it.

And Saying they have it is the best thing to do so you can get help

Thank you all for your kind words. Im devastated Quicky . Ive done heaps of ambo work and dealt with trauma and death before. but have never felt like this before. It has hit me like a ton of bricks. he was such a good mate. its feels such a such a waste of life. i don't know why i made this thread but I just wanted to acknowledge my mate who loved Collingwood so much. I remember him organizing him radio reception in the middle of the Indian ocean when we beat West Coast in that final after Jmac's death. We were going nuts because the signal kept going in and out. everyone on the ship had the shits because they wanted to listen to the NRL, but Shane pulled rank. Then we played Good Old collingwood Forever over the piping (broadcast)system. drove the crew bonkers

Last edited:
Thank you all for your kind words. Im devastated Quicky . Ive done heaps of ambo work and dealt with trauma and death before. but have never felt like this before. It has hit me like a ton of bricks. he was such a good mate. its feels such a such a waste of life. i don't know why i made this thread but I just wanted to acknowledge my mate who loved Collingwood so much. I remember him organizing him radio reception in the middle of the Indian ocean when we beat West Coast in that final after Jmac's death. We were going nuts because the signal kept going in and out. everyone on the ship had the shits because they wanted to listen to the NRL, but Shane pulled rank. Then we played Good Old collingwood Forever over the piping (broadcast)system. drove the crew bonkers

Pulled rank lol. That's such a funny story! What a legend.

I'm so sorry to hear your shitful news man. My thoughts are with you right now.

Please make sure you look after yourself eh!

:(very sad to read this, condolences to you mate and his poor wife and young kids:cry:, hopefully your mates pain and anguish is over, unfortunately for those left behind it's just starting, keep remembering the good times you shared, your shared love of Collingwood , you sound like good mates, I'm sure he appreciated your friendship:thumbsu:

It's all too common now Jerry and really doesn't get enough attention in Defence and the wider community. It's real, it's there and we all know someone it affects but it seems we never make headway. Whether it's kids, mates, fathers, brothers or sisters it's just devastating to know our friends and family suffer more often than not unnoticed. Just so sad what they were going through and what now their mates and families have to go through.

Stay strong mate, enjoy your memories and console his family and other friends as no doubt they're all going to need support.

You've got some great memories I'm sure, remember the good times and sorry for your lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back