FTA-TV The Blacklist

They don't have a backup major story arc ala person of interest. All they have is the powerful group attacking red and its wearing thin. They need to create something. James Spader can only carry a show so far.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
They don't have a backup major story arc ala person of interest. All they have is the powerful group attacking red and its wearing thin. They need to create something. James Spader can only carry a show so far.
I think they are limited by what else they can do because the rest of the actors on the show are okay at best
It basically needs to revolve around Red, because hes the main reason people are still watching the show.

I think they are limited by what else they can do because the rest of the actors on the show are okay at best
It basically needs to revolve around Red, because hes the main reason people are still watching the show.

Liz is weak. The FBI people are your run of the mill cable tv show characters. That's why it has to be story driven. This show will live or die on it IMO.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Could you really get mobile phone reception in the Smokey Mountains while in a shipping container underground ?
Some great Liz logic once again
"Okay so we just got our car shot off the road, and we have an agent who can't move, a local cop and a target"
"Lets split up and have a look around"
Her and Resler would have to be two of the worst FBI agents ever

One thing. Were the vans owned by the cult group? When the police pulled the first one over after it was reported stolen. Who reported it stolen? All of the cult members were dead.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
One thing. Were the vans owned by the cult group? When the police pulled the first one over after it was reported stolen. Who reported it stolen? All of the cult members were dead.
Did they pull it over because it was stolen ?
I thought they pulled it over due to the way it was driving,which of course was because it was a kid driving.The only found out it was stolen when checking the plates.

Did they pull it over because it was stolen ?
I thought they pulled it over due to the way it was driving,which of course was because it was a kid driving.The only found out it was stolen when checking the plates.

Yeah that's correct but it doesn't change the fact it was reported stolen.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Another week,another Keen abandons her partner and gets kidnapped :rolleyes:

So did this chick only live a few doors away from the woman whose husband she gutted ?
If not how did she drag the unconcious Keen all the way back to her own house without getting noticed ?

Also if you were in police custody you surely would not be allowed to wear an ear-ring like the big black guy had.It could easily be used as a weapon.

The van wasn't reported stolen. The plates were reported as being stolen from a Jeep. They found the other van because those plates were also reported as stolen from the same place.

If only they put the time and effort into the main story plots as they do these meaningless points! :D

Watched the latest episode last night.

FML Dembe barely speaks and is a much more interesting and well played character compared with Liz. They seem to use the same mechanisms week after week. i.e...either Liz (most commonly Liz) or Ressler is taken hostage/kidnapped. Its a credit to James Spader because he almost makes the audience forget these weaknesses by carrying the show.

I feel like this show would have been received much better 10 years ago when shows could tease you on end with one small over arching plot (i.e. the mysterious man on the phone). The good shows nowdays have multiple arcs running at once.

I'll keep watching, but compared with its peers The Blacklist is pretty underwhelming.

Last edited:
Why do they need one of the gang to be kidnapped every week. ARGHHHH.

The Harold scene with the gun in the interrogation room gave me nightmares. Putrid television.

Not even the quirkiness of the case of the week could get me interested. Tom and his story line could be promising.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Why do they need one of the gang to be kidnapped every week. ARGHHHH.

The Harold scene with the gun in the interrogation room gave me nightmares. Putrid television.

Not even the quirkiness of the case of the week could get me interested. Tom and his story line could be promising.
The guy that plays Harold is honestly the worst actor i've ever seen in a TV show

Back