News The Blueprint

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Tell him he's dreamin."

It is a nice dream, though. Obviously the monstrosity that is training complex and the prohibitive cost of constructing new stands makes it virtually impossible now, sometimes you can't help but think when only 28k rock up to Carlton v GWS at the Etihad that maybe there might be a more bang up bagger venue to host the game.

Visy Park is an atrocious place to go to the footy. If you have a car expect to park a good distance from the ground and risk a parking ticket or take your chances in the park, try not to get bogged. If your a kid expect a good view of the back of some one's head due to a lack of slope in the stands and the public transport is poor. when the play is on the far side of the ground the view isn't as good as it is at other grounds. Went to a practice game there a few years ago and I left thinking, glad we don't play here any more. We will never play there again.

Greg Swann on The Blueprint today @ 1pm.

Hope Swann can drop the politicians hat for this one

Okay, I'm confused. Swann said that the reason Ratts' contract was extended by 2 years at the end of 2011 was because, if they'd only given him 1 year it would have put him under all sorts of pressure if things hadn't gone well in that one year (2012). In other words, if things had gone badly, like they did this year, a 2 year contract would save him from being sacked, like he was this year. Did Swann really mean to say/was avoiding saying, 'we extended his contract by 2 years because we thought Malthouse was unavailable (wasn't he supposed to be doing something at Collingwood) but once Mick said he was interested we sacked Ratts' ?

Okay, I'm confused. Swann said that the reason Ratts' contract was extended by 2 years at the end of 2011 was because, if they'd only given him 1 year it would have put him under all sorts of pressure if things hadn't gone well in that first year (2012).So, if things had gone badly, like they did this year, a 2 year contract would save him from being sacked, like he was this year

Did Swann really mean to say/was avoiding saying, 'we extended his contract by 2 years because we thought Malthouse was unavailable (wasn't he supposed to be doing something at Collingwood) but once Mick said he was interested we sacked Ratts' ?

...yes

Visy Park is an atrocious place to go to the footy. If you have a car expect to park a good distance from the ground and risk a parking ticket or take your chances in the park, try not to get bogged. If your a kid expect a good view of the back of some one's head due to a lack of slope in the stands and the public transport is poor. when the play is on the far side of the ground the view isn't as good as it is at other grounds. Went to a practice game there a few years ago and I left thinking, glad we don't play here any more. We will never play there again.
Parking a distance from the ground might be a problem for some, but walking through North Carlton isn't like walking through Mulgrave. Always enjoyed it myself. Just parked where I knew I'd be eating after the game and made a proper outing of it. Never had a problem with the view anywhere on the ground, and you got to know the regulars.

Hopefully I get to experience more of that Northern Blues feeling next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back