Society/Culture The Bolt Report: Andrew Bolt get his own tv show on Channel 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's only you and Lester along with some of the lunar left who watch it to be outraged remaining as viewers I think. It's a good thing Rupert is ponying up for it, I'm not sure it would survive the outbreak of stong economic rationalism currently on display at the 10 Network.

First one I have watched for a while , I just find it amusing that there are so many posts playing the man on here and not one word about the content of the show. :eek:

I sat up and watched the HOC thing into Rupert. It was abundantly clear that he apponts editors that provide content for their local market, whether left or right. That is why he has been so successful at selling newspapers.

Good show today by Bolt , hope you all caught it.

I did, it was the usual hilarious tales of ignorance and bullshit.

Complaining about the hate campaign against Abbott when Bolt did exactly that with Gillard.

Complaining about the name calling against Abbott but failing to note Pines C bomb to Shorten.

The slagging of the woman forced to be a phone sex worker as having no credibility because.... she's a phone sex worker.

Complaining that uni protestors are trying to silence debate on the budget (in reality its not debate but the actions of the Government that's the issue) yet believing the protestor organiser should not have had her 5 minutes of explanation on ABC. Then passing off a Denmark example of using a whistle to silence dissent as champagne comedy when it had all the juvenile traits of a poo poo bum joke.

The Bolt Report desperately wants to be political satire but I prefer it with a bit more wit like Micallef or the Chasers.

I think it's only you and Lester along with some of the lunar left who watch it to be outraged remaining as viewers I think.

I only watch it when he has decent guests on e.g Peter Costello, Cassie Wilkinson, Richard Marles, Matthias Corman. But it's good we have lunar lefties to watch it and (mis-)summarise it for us.

What scientific method would you like me to use... to prove that Chopin is better than lil wayne?
You asked a stupid question, and then say I created garbage. Idiot.

Ok I'll leave it at that. If you don't understand the question there's not much chance of an intelligent answer!

Is this still running?

I suppose it must be cheap as chips to make and fills a pretty dead time slot.
I don't understand why it doesn't rate given the argument some make about News corp papers outselling fairfax because the market for conservative views is so strong. Surely the viewers should be flocking to it?

Wasn't Abbot called Mr No? The hypocracy of the wing nuts regarding this is hilarious.

Surely this is the point where the Libs finely clear the complete mongs like Abbott out of their ranks.

Only when Labor and the Greens agree to clear out their mongs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prove in scientific terms how Chopin is better than Lil Wayne.
"Better" is a very subjective term.
Chopin would have a larger audience over a longer period of time but then Little Wayne has not had near as long to challenge Chopin's figures.
That said I doubt Little Wayne would have half the following or even exposure if it were not for the internet and the drivel ravenous expanded media of TV and the ultra cheap, cross promotional exposure given to any mediocrity purely in the name of content.
I could not see very many people outlaying the relatively substantial amount a Chopin Record cost in it's day for what little Wayne dishes up.
I doubt very much anyone will refer to Little Waynes contributions in the same context as Chopin in a similar thread in 20 years.

Only when Labor and the Greens agree to clear out their mongs.
As the Catholics did when they got rid of old Tone?
Had to share a couple of quotes from the man's own hand, especially as they seem so newly relevant.

While struggling to decide which party he should join to further his career Abbott wrote on the ALP,
"our roots and the origins of our political culture are there". But if the ALP was not "dominated" by Santamaria-style ideas, it would succumb to "the grip of the Left or of soulless pragmatists". This was intolerable.

His reference to Santamaria were in regard to his affilation through the NCC.

Then on the Libs,
It was "without soul, direction or inspiring leadership", while its members were divided between "surviving trendies and the more or less simple-minded advocates of the free market".
The Liberal Party's mixture of "hand-wringing indecision or inappropriate economic Ramboism and perhaps their lack of political professionalism" struck Abbott as a fatal combination.

"Better" is a very subjective term.
Chopin would have a larger audience over a longer period of time but then Little Wayne has not had near as long to challenge Chopin's figures.
That said I doubt Little Wayne would have half the following or even exposure if it were not for the internet and the drivel ravenous expanded media of TV and the ultra cheap, cross promotional exposure given to any mediocrity purely in the name of content.
I could not see very many people outlaying the relatively substantial amount a Chopin Record cost in it's day for what little Wayne dishes up.
I doubt very much anyone will refer to Little Waynes contributions in the same context as Chopin in a similar thread in 20 years.

Getting warmer :)

'Better' is subjective but then you attempt to define the term using objective measures.

Wasn't Abbot called Mr No? The hypocracy of the wing nuts regarding this is hilarious.

Surely this is the point where the Libs finely clear the complete mongs like Abbott out of their ranks.
No, they made a mistake when they said "age of entitlement is over" what they meant to say is 'we are the entitled'.

First one I have watched for a while , I just find it amusing that there are so many posts playing the man on here and not one word about the content of the show. :eek:

I sat up and watched the HOC thing into Rupert. It was abundantly clear that he apponts editors that provide content for their local market, whether left or right. That is why he has been so successful at selling newspapers.

Now there's something Dolt would never do.:rolleyes:

So Abbott was on Bolt this morning, why? Dumb politics, again, there are plenty undecided on Abbott at the moment and he's on a program that is going to be watched and appeal only to his base. Has Peta been drinking again? It makes no sense to me.

Because Bolt is a lackey for the Liberals and Abbott gives him appearances to boost his rating as payback.

#amIdoingitright?

#leftieswatchingBolt

Because Bolt is a lackey for the Liberals and Abbott gives him appearances to boost his rating as payback.

#amIdoingitright?

#leftieswatchingBolt
Not at all, it just seemed to me that appearing on a show that is only appealing to his base is a bit curious when you're trying to sell the budget to a broader constituency.

Not at all, it just seemed to me that appearing on a show that is only appealing to his base is a bit curious when you're trying to sell the budget to a broader constituency.

If you, and other lefties, and maybe some undecideds are watching the show then would he not be only 'appealing to his base'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back