nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Does anyone watch this show? I'm currently watching my second episode on iview and they're discussing 'Metamorphisis' which is probably the best shorty story ever written. The panels discussion is fascinating apart from Mareke's inputs. (She compared Greggor to the modern day emo)

Anyway this is probably the ultimate geek show but if you've read the books up for discussion it's great.

Does anyone watch this show? I'm currently watching my second episode on iview and they're discussing 'Metamorphisis' which is probably the best shorty story ever written. The panels discussion is fascinating apart from Mareke's inputs. (She compared Greggor to the modern day emo)

Anyway this is probably the ultimate geek show but if you've read the books up for discussion it's great.

I watch it when I remember to, it's not bad - unfortunately I missed the Infinite Jest special recently, I plan to catch up with it on iView.

Marieke seemingly tries to be contrary for the hell of it a lot of the time, she's a bit full of herself.

If it wasnt for that show I mightn't have read Blood Meridian, which has since become one of my all-time fave books.

I wish I recorded the episode where she had the split skirt with the stockings and suspenders on view...

Ha ha

Marieke Hardy is my "look but don't listen" book reviewer.

What I love about the show is that they seem to get something out of authors who clearly don't like to talk about their work in public. Authors like that just get bullied in other interviews and the interviewers just keep trying to drag the discussion back to their preconceived ideas. Maybe it is the chair's impeccable journalistic pedigree that keeps things honest.

Me likey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back