The Brisbane Lions 2015 trade thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-19/lions-confident-martin-will-stay-resigned-to-losing-aish

Quote from this article: "The good thing from our point of view is we've got some opportunities with other players, not public yet, who want to come to Brisbane."

That was said by Lions CEO Greg Swann. He clearly states that they are players not yet made public which rules out someone like Suckling. Anyone have any idea who these players could be? Allen Christensen came out of the blue last year with his request to join the Lions. We could see something similar this year. It could be anyone really but I was wondering if anyone had any inside info.

Bell, Seedsman ect. have been raised on Bigfooty as players that could potentially join the Lions this offseason and are definitely potential options in regards to Greg Swann's comments. I thought Bell had been listed publicly in an article, however?

Haven't seen an article but would like to have a read of it.

Bell mentioned on 3AW by Sam Maclure yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have one O'Brien from Essendon, you're welcome to the other.

Seriously, please take him.
O'Briens been playing good footy for Essendon was surprised he was dropped last week but rightful called back up this weekend

O'Briens been playing good footy for Essendon was surprised he was dropped last week but rightful called back up this weekend
No, he's gotten a lot of the ball for Essendon. The bloke is a bona fide spud.

Give
No, he's gotten a lot of the ball for Essendon. The bloke is a bona fide spud.
give him some time if he starts reproducing the numbers he gets in the VFL will be a handy inclusion into your midfield group.. Keep in mind had only started playing in the midfield the last 3 years before that was a forward

Give

give him some time if he starts reproducing the numbers he gets in the VFL will be a handy inclusion into your midfield group.. Keep in mind had only started playing in the midfield the last 3 years before that was a forward
I've watched him at both levels more than most people. The bloke can't kick, he struggles to take a tackle and release the ball after and is the slowest player on our list, even with Bellchambers having no right leg.

I hope for the club's sale there is some because the ones already there don't want to be don't want to have to go into the season short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back