The Burqa Can Be Banned

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Burqa is not a scarf. You are thinking of a Hijab. But most people when they say "Burka" are thinking of a Niqab, which is the headdress worn by many Australian muslim women and many muslims in South East Asia.

slide_332946_3313366_free.jpg
Interesting graph, I wonder what the figures for Malaysia and Indonesia are?

Interesting graph, I wonder what the figures for Malaysia and Indonesia are?

No idea on the actual percentages, but I was in Malaysia last month and it's not at all unusual to see women in a Niqab in airports, shopping centres etc.

No idea on the actual percentages, but I was in Malaysia last month and it's not at all unusual to see women in a Niqab in airports, shopping centres etc.
That surprises me as I have been to Malaysia over 15 times as I have friends there and also do business, (last time 2013) and I have never seen it.
Perhaps I was not looking for it.

That surprises me as I have been to Malaysia over 15 times as I have friends there and also do business, (last time 2013) and I have never seen it.
Perhaps I was not looking for it.

I usually spend my time in Penang which is in the north, where there are a much higher percentage of muslims than in KL, that might account for some of the difference. Kuala Lumpur is a fairly cosmopolitan and modern city, the Northern states of Malaysia much less so.

I usually spend my time in Penang which is in the north, where there are a much higher percentage of muslims than in KL, that might account for some of the difference. Kuala Lumpur is a fairly cosmopolitan and modern city, the Northern states of Malaysia much less so.
Okay, only been once to Penang, many years ago. I spend my time near KL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back