Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys sorry to intrude, theres been some rumours that Ratten is a pretty good chance to take over our coaching job. I don't know too much about him so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me like his strengths and weaknesses as a coach.

Cheers.

Strengths: knew how to get the players to play for him. The players loved him. Also knew how to implement a great attacking game plan. Also got the best out of a pretty mediocre list at the time.

Weaknesses: however, when our gameplan didn't work, the defensive side was lacking and there was rarely a plan B. Positional changes (I.e. Throwing Hendo down forward - for example) would take 3 qtrs to make. He also couldn't make the tough decisions on our list, making minimal changes every year.

I would say, though, that being an assistant coach in the best team in the business would have no doubt addressed most, if not all, of those short-falls above. And I actually think he'd be a perfect coach for the Bullies' list.

Strengths: knew how to get the players to play for him. The players loved him. Also knew how to implement a great attacking game plan. Also got the best out of a pretty mediocre list at the time.

Weaknesses: however, when our gameplan didn't work, the defensive side was lacking and there was rarely a plan B. Positional changes (I.e. Throwing Hendo down forward - for example) would take 3 qtrs to make. He also couldn't make the tough decisions on our list, making minimal changes every year.

I would say, though, that being an assistant coach in the best team in the business would have no doubt addressed most, if not all, of those short-falls above. And I actually think he'd be a perfect coach for the Bullies' list.
Cheers for that, yeah he does sound like what we need then. It would be great if we could get him and then Tudor as senior assistant who sounds like he would bring that tactical and defensive edge, although doubt he would be looking to leave unless he was getting a head coaching job.

Would be okay with Ratten getting the job, doesn't sound like theres too much else out there tbh!

Anyone here know when player numbers for our new recruits via trades are likely to be announced?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand how clubs used to be 'owned', like how Sydney had an owner. How did it work?
North were privately owned, Bob Ansett sold his shares to John Elliot/CFC.

They were bought back from us a decade later.

I dont fully understand it all either Meb, but it cannot be good when an opposition club owns a % of your shares.

Edited for accuracy.

I know that, I want to understand the ins and outs. Who did they buy it from? What power over the club did it give them?
Just like any other business. All profits and losses go against whoever owns the club. If the club is struggling they can prop it up with their own money. Happens in tons of sports throughout the world.

10734247_10152773294408334_5177412207229819132_n.jpg

Edited for accuracy.

I know that, I want to understand the ins and outs. Who did they buy it from? What power over the club did it give them?
Well they'd be buying the license of the club.

Not sure who they bought it from (I presume the AFL).

Depends on how big a share of the club they had. It's like any business really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back