Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Your one stop shop for CAS Appeal information.

Timeline
Reference Material
Analysis
Media
If theres stuff missing let me know and Ill add it. Ill update the OP as regularly as possible. Other appeal related threads will likely be closed shortly. (except the Bruce Francis one, for all your Bruce Francis needs).

Last edited:

A frivolous appeal that keeps the fire burnin'

Perfect Feb 5 3rd Anniversary present for The Official EFC Team Doping Saga.

612559-essendon-press-conference.jpg

Your one stop shop for CAS Appeal information.

Timeline
Reference Material
Analysis
Media
If theres stuff missing let me know and Ill add it. Ill update the OP as regularly as possible. Other appeal related threads will likely be closed shortly. (except the Bruce Francis one, for all your Bruce Francis needs).

Typo wookie appeal date 10th feb not 19th.

A frivolous appeal that keeps the fire burnin'

Perfect Feb 5 3rd Anniversary present for The Official EFC Team Doping Saga.

612559-essendon-press-conference.jpg
Still cackle when I see the look on Robson.

But Hird knew, as most of us "foamers" did from day 1 that they were screwed. His facial expressions and playing with his fingers said as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they going to the appeal as a group or individuals? As a group it's the same error as last time and will be chucked out at the first stage. As individuals, you never know, a couple might be able to argue their arguments weren't heard properly a get their case sent back to the CAS for review, although they'd probably lose anyway as they initially agreed to be heard as a group. You'd have more of a chance at least though.

I'm guessing the insurers are only paying as a group though. Be alot of money for each player individually. Means they'll likely get judged as a group hence the appeal will likely fall apart at the first hurdle.

The longer they drag it out, the more notorious they become, even if they eventually get off. No one remembers much about the Carlton salary cap cheating but we all know the details of the Bombers' case to the nth degree because they keep it in the news. With RDT etc now open and Hawthorn going for an extraordinary fourth in a row we should all have better things to do than talking about these schmucks, I wish they'd just go away.

Not to mention the costs which will eventually be worn by Joe in the stand.

Yeah unfortunately the 500k cost of this appeal is being borne by essendon... But ultimately the AFL have decided to bail them out of every stupid decision they make because they are too big to fail it seems.

Pathetic.

Yeah unfortunately the 500k cost of this appeal is being borne by essendon... But ultimately the AFL have decided to bail them out of every stupid decision they make because they are too big to fail it seems.

Pathetic.

Yeah, naaah. Its being covered by insurance. Already announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back