2nds The Casey Thread - End of a terrible season

Remove this Banner Ad

Casey had 15 listed players and were pantsed.
Coburg had a 23rd from b grade Ammos that played 3 minutes of the second half, an 18 yo that played EDFL reserves seven weeks ago and a 17 yo that couldn't crack it for a game in the TAC cup all in their backline.
Total AFL games on the list was NIL.
They beat you both times.
I would suggest that the bottom half of the Demons list is the problem and they should wait until mad Monday to get on the gas not prior to their last game.

Coburg had a 23rd from b grade Ammos that played 3 minutes of the second half, an 18 yo that played EDFL reserves seven weeks ago and a 17 yo that couldn't crack it for a game in the TAC cup all in their backline.
I would suggest that the bottom half of the Demons list is the problem and they should wait until mad Monday to get on the gas not prior to their last game.

Those 15 are the same players that have made the VFL top 4 for four consecutive years. It's not the Melbourne-listed players that are the problem at that level, it's the exodus of quality VFL-only players.

Solid day for Riley

Aidan Riley: Aidan played inside mid and a little bit high half-forward. He had 39 disposals and 10 tackles. We were really pleased with Aidan’s game on the day. He started the day brightly, having 21 disposals and six tackles in the first half. He was really good in a contested situation, winning the ball at ground level and driving through the tackle to give the ball to a teammate in a better position. The thing that stood out in Aidan’s game was his toughness around the ball and his ability to make it difficult to be tackled. Aidan has the bad habit sometimes of going forward all the time and handballing, rather than being out in space and using his feet. We’re trying to encourage him to give first give all of the time, as his ball-winning ability can never be questioned.​

Solid day for Riley

Aidan Riley: Aidan played inside mid and a little bit high half-forward. He had 39 disposals and 10 tackles. We were really pleased with Aidan’s game on the day. He started the day brightly, having 21 disposals and six tackles in the first half. He was really good in a contested situation, winning the ball at ground level and driving through the tackle to give the ball to a teammate in a better position. The thing that stood out in Aidan’s game was his toughness around the ball and his ability to make it difficult to be tackled. Aidan has the bad habit sometimes of going forward all the time and handballing, rather than being out in space and using his feet. We’re trying to encourage him to give first give all of the time, as his ball-winning ability can never be questioned.​

I really like this kid, Was playing AFL less than 12 months after breaking his leg.... remarkable
He will be so so much better next year after a pre season and I can see him being around for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back