2nds The Casey Thread - End of a terrible season

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know what would happen if Tappy and Viney met head on chasing the footy

Pretty much this.

Earth-exploding.jpeg

Good third quarter by Casey. Very much a replica of the senior side though, effort and pressure were good but a distinct lack of class and skill with the ball in hand.
Fitz attacked contests with intent and brought the ball to ground quite well.
Gawn did some nice work moving forward and back.
Tappy looked good. Had time when he got the ball and seemed to put himself into good position to get the ball.
Michie was pretty good in and under, needs to be a bit less panicy when he wins the ball.
Blease I hardly noticed in the second half.
Thought Toumpas improved as the game went on, stood his ground and used the ball quite well.

Good third quarter by Casey. Very much a replica of the senior side though, effort and pressure were good but a distinct lack of class and skill with the ball in hand.
Fitz attacked contests with intent and brought the ball to ground quite well.
Gawn did some nice work moving forward and back.
Tappy looked good. Had time when he got the ball and seemed to put himself into good position to get the ball.
Michie was pretty good in and under, needs to be a bit less panicy when he wins the ball.
Blease I hardly noticed in the second half.
Thought Toumpas improved as the game went on, stood his ground and used the ball quite well.

Looking at the Game Tappy and Gawn are the only 2 who could force their way in but I cant see them displacing anyone who is already there

Looking at the Game Tappy and Gawn are the only 2 who could force their way in but I cant see them displacing anyone who is already there

Very much agree. Box Hill are full of guys who have played good footy for Hawthorn this year, Casey look full of players marked never to play AFL again. :(

Casey have no defensive structures. As soon as Box Hill break the lines they stream forward.

This is exactly what I noticed.

There's no point potting players on their defensive efforts every week if you haven't coached a defensive strategy.

We looked a mess at stoppages today - we should have been trying to lock this game down.

As usual, Dees dominate the possession winners for Casey. After watching today I'm confident that the problem isn't with these players, it's with the coaching, lack of team plan, and awful kicking skills of other players of ours in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michie, Blease, Gawn and Tapscott were the only Melbourne guys who had good games really.

Evans, Nicho, Strauss were all poor.

Toumpas had some good passages of play in the 2nd half.

Down big numbers on rotations in the 4th.

Doesnt that sum up the miracle that is Paul Roos and the insipidness of our development
Our reserves lost by 80+ against the Hawks reserves

Roos is responsible for developing our reserves as well you know!

Most of the Casey players are absolute passengers, our guys looked wrecked before the end of the 3rd.

Roos is responsible for developing our reserves as well you know!

Most of the Casey players are absolute passengers, our guys looked wrecked before the end of the 3rd.

Id suggest that although you can turn Lemons into lemonade you cant turn dog s**t into chocolate

Im looking at you Dan Nicholson

Interesting that just as our senior team starts to win games, Casey start to stink it up.

Been a Top 4 outfit for a long time.

We did lose some good VFL talent without really replacing them.

Manger and Couch were very good players at the level.

Our senior selection policy/stability probably has an effect a little as well. Senior players are staying in the senior side.

We did lose some good VFL talent without really replacing them.

Manger and Couch were very good players at the level.

Our senior selection policy/stability probably has an effect a little as well. Senior players are staying in the senior side.

Also no Pedersen and Sellar who were strong at that level last year as well as no Hogan there to kick goals has obviously hurt a lot. Add to that a heavy emphasis on education of the players and a possession heavy game plan with our least skilled players and it's not really that hard to understand how we're so bad.

It's absolutely ludicrous that all three of Blease, Strauss and Tappy were touted as great kicks in thier draft years.

If you look at Tappys draft tape he was an awesome kick, Not sure if its just cuz he is always tired at AFL level but he is the best of them

Sounds promising, atleast we know on exposed form we will run them down in the 2nd half.......

We might not kick a goal if they keep us honest until half-time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back