2nds The Casey Thread - End of a terrible season

Remove this Banner Ad

16 points the final margin to Geelong. Will have to wait for the match report tomorrow.
Sad that the nations biggest sports 2nd tier comp has almost no coverage.

I watched a few games last year where he was playing as a lockdown half forward. He was a natural ball winner in juniors and should be playing that role at afl level.

I think his physical development was a bit average, he should have never been allowed to get that big without getting a solid endurance base first.
Totally agree on all points.

Contract expires end of this season tho', so unfortunately he's running out of time to be offered another.

Good to see Toumpas having a good game, 29 possessions with 10 marks with a couple of tackles. Would of been a real confidence builder for him, although it looks like Trengove may have booked himself in for another week in the 2's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casey player reviews are actually worth reading this year! Brett Alison is no easy marker either.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-04-15/vfl-player-review-round-two
Sam Blease: Unfortunately, Bleasey went to tackle a bloke early in the first quarter and he tackled him with his chin and knocked himself out. He didn’t take any further part in the game. It was by the 10-minute mark, so that was his day.

Lol!

Love this assessment.

Mitch Clisby: Mitch played half-back/back-pocket all day. He had 22 disposals and had a good battle and worked hard with his direct opponent. Mitch has been focusing on the defensive side of his game in the last couple of weeks. He made some improvements this week. His ball use and decision-making was good over the course of the game.
Neville Jetta: Neville continued his strong form for the year. He had 21 disposals and played onball, half-forward and half-back. It was another solid game from Jetts. He competed really strongly and won plenty of hard ball and was a really solid contributor for the third or fourth week in a row.
Good that both of these guys had an impact. Probably the frontrunners to come in for Terlich, you'd think.

Colin Garland:
Col played about 80 minutes, which was his first hit out for the year. He looked a bit rusty early, but the longer the game went on, you could see the class of Colin come to the fore. His judgement and reading of the play came back to him as the day went on. It was a good return for him to be honest.

And it looks like we won't see Col for a little longer yet but he's not far away.

Last year it was all ...... had a good game, Got 25 touches. Sure it's just a review for the website but the players are being judged with an AFL eye rather than referring to how they played well for a VFL game. I reckon from that lot it's Jetta, Clisby and Toump battling it out for Terlich's spot.

Good that both of these guys had an impact. Probably the frontrunners to come in for Terlich, you'd think.

And it looks like we won't see Col for a little longer yet but he's not far away.
If Kurt Tippett returns I can see us bringing Col back for the Sydney game in round 6 - we'll have to find players to man up on Buddy, Tippett, Sam Reid and Ted Richards and Sydney's other talls at either end (they also have Mitchell, Parker, Jetta, Rohan, etc to contend with up forward).

Also Aidan Riley might be the player I'm looking forward to seeing in the senior team most - he sounds like a gun! The episode of DeeTV with him in it shows how scarily well built he is, should be a wrecking ball in the guts. Remains to be seen what his running game, disposal and decision making are like though.

Last year it was all ...... had a good game, Got 25 touches. Sure it's just a review for the website but the players are being judged with an AFL eye rather than referring to how they played well for a VFL game. I reckon from that lot it's Jetta, Clisby and Toump battling it out for Terlich's spot.

Remember old mate Gotchy (I think)? ...'Yeah Smith had a good game, which was good. It was good to see some good form from him. If he can keep playing as good as he has been, I expect good things for him.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back