The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

We're playing amazingly well at the moment given the circumstances. There was a lot of uncertainty early in the season in terms of where we could go with the roster. I'm feeling that it's just about settled now though. Barring some sort of super deal for Melo etc. we look pretty good once Rose is healthy and Boozer amnestied. If Derrick returns early, and we're sitting 3rd in the East, who knows what could happen...

We're playing amazingly well at the moment given the circumstances. There was a lot of uncertainty early in the season in terms of where we could go with the roster. I'm feeling that it's just about settled now though. Barring some sort of super deal for Melo etc. we look pretty good once Rose is healthy and Boozer amnestied. If Derrick returns early, and we're sitting 3rd in the East, who knows what could happen...

Per wiretap/KC Johnson:
Thibodeau said it's "most likely not" that Rose will practice this season.

I don't mean to be a buzz kill but I'm guessing something similar to what's happened the last few years. Bounced early in the playoffs.

I am soooo over this winning games. First and second round exits don't do it for me, I'd kill for another all star. We're really pinning our title hopes on Rose being healthy and Mirotic being something close to Dirk level. I'm not sure if I like those odds.

Taj has really impressed. I had doubts he could be a starter but the last month or do he has been amazing. If we do end up amnestying booze I'm much more confident with taj stepping in... hopefully with mirotic :p

Hopefully DJ hasn't played himself out of our price range (oh God what am I saying) and can backup derrick.

Thibs has played some duel point lineups that have been ok, but we really need a 2 guard to slide jimmy to the 3

I love what mike d brings off the bench, he plays his role to perfection. A little more development from Snell would help no end, but he's contributed as much as any role under thibs

I don't mean to be a buzz kill but I'm guessing something similar to what's happened the last few years. Bounced early in the playoffs.

I am soooo over this winning games. First and second round exits don't do it for me, I'd kill for another all star. We're really pinning our title hopes on Rose being healthy and Mirotic being something close to Dirk level. I'm not sure if I like those odds.

We might make the second round. We are still inconsistent, it wasn't that long ago Sactown flogged us and today we played an old Brooklyn team on a b2b.

Loving what Taj is producing though, definitely showing he is starter potential. I was a bit unsure of his starting qualities too.

Joakim quietly moves to 3rd in all time triple doubles for Chicago (behind a couple of names in Jordan and Pippen) as we dismantle the Knicks by 19.

I'm actually enjoying watching basketball again. The last month has been fun.

(also, Jimmer Fredette. Interesting.)

Centres since 85/86 with more than five 10+ assist games:

Vlad Divac – 17
Brad Miller (!) – 9
Joakim Noah – 7
Brad Daughterty – 7
Hakeem – 5

Noah mentioned Miller helped him with his passing.

What do we think about Jimmer? We need all the shooting we can get but anyone think he'll be with us long term? Watch Thibs turn him into a decent player to get him out of our price range like he's done with Augustin. *shakes fist*

What do we think about Jimmer? We need all the shooting we can get but anyone think he'll be with us long term? Watch Thibs turn him into a decent player to get him out of our price range like he's done with Augustin. *shakes fist*

He probably signed with the Bulls to showcase his ability which a lot of average point guards tend to be able to do in Thibs system.

I sort of see Jimmer as the FO offering Thibs something. Proving to him that they'll get him some shooting even though we're close to the luxury tax...
Who knows how it'll pan out on the floor.

I sort of see Jimmer as the FO offering Thibs something. Proving to him that they'll get him some shooting even though we're close to the luxury tax...
Who knows how it'll pan out on the floor.

Todays news.... If Jo makes All-NBA first team he has a bonus of 500K which will take us into tax territory..... Vote for Serge! lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...and he records another triple double.

First centre to record 3 triple doubles (involving assists) in a single season since The Admiral back in the early 90's.
He has 3 this season already. He had 2 in 3 games which is where you might be getting mixed up.

Todays news.... If Jo makes All-NBA first team he has a bonus of 500K which will take us into tax territory..... Vote for Serge! lol
There was talk of Taj getting 6th man at some stage as well, that would be 250K bonus for him.

I'm reading that Noah is doing some recruiting cause Derrick won't. Told Melo to go to LA if he wants money and lifestyle, but if he wants a ring, come to Chicago.

I love the man.

Geez I love Noah.
But there was some article suggesting if Melo wants to win he should just take what we can offer (about $12mil a year without losing Taj) and take $52/4 instead of $129/5. Yeah that's not happening haha.The deal making the rounds weeks back was Gibson + Butler + Snell + Hinrich + picks for Melo and scraps. I thought about it before, and would do it. Now, with Gibson dominating, it's harder but I'd probably still do it. It leaves you with nothing but a core of Rose/Noah/Melo...mind you, that's a fairly damn good core.

In an ideal world, you'd keep Noah/Gibson/Rose to pair with Melo, and then who cares who else you have. I just don't see how we can get him without losing Gibson though. The best option for us looks to be trade Gibson for nothing, and sign Melo outright in FA for what we have then. A risky strategy, leaving Noah with almost no help in terms of bigs.

Their is no way we can get Melo. We dont have the cap space. Melo wont play for anything less than a max deal, simple as that.

We need Rose to come back and be the old Rose for us to be back challenging for a title. The only good thing since he has been injured for near on two years is the fact that Buckets and Taj have gotten a lot better and Noah has come on hugely.

If he could just get healthy, we wouldnt need Melo.

Best case for scenario for getting Melo is a Sign & Trade of Boozer, Snell and a bunch of picks.

Jo is getting ridiculous.As you say, games like that won't win anything in playoffs, but you'll take it for the time being.Augustin and MDJr have been shooting ridiculously recently. How they shot today is fair enough of what you can expect. Obviously hope for a lot better from Butler though.

Start who you want, but Gibson is that far ahead of Boozer it isn't funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back