The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

He's getting that quick double team lately, which I think has affected him.
It also had a bit to do with Thibs as well, whenever Taj got the ball in post Thibs would constantly be screaming "Go to work Taj".

He doesn't do that now and Taj doesn't instantly go into his back down spin move every time he catches the ball down low.

If we keep it a slow halfcourt game, we'll beat Washington but if we let them run then it's going to be tough.

Beal is going to struggle with Butler, he's just as fast, far stronger and has great defensive instincts.

Really like Taj facing the basket and hitting that short 12 foot jumper. Is also getting much better at sensing the mismatch in the post and he will find plenty of that with Booker and co. Incidentally Marcin Gortat has played pretty well against us recently. Has good length and solid execution especially when Boozers non existent defence shows up.
This series however is all about the Bulls locking down on all those Washington 18 foot jump shots late in the game. They are low % shots and will stop falling when our perimeter defence gets ratcheted up via Jimmy and Kirk. Only issue is our offence goes to pot at times as well. Im going with us in 6. Bring on the playoffs..SEE RED..

Anyone else have their LP cut out in the 4th during the Pacers/Hawks game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh, my dislike of Kirk remains well founded. It sucks we don't have a natural, actual 2 guard to team with Augustin in late game situations. Hinrich is just too obvious and stagnant on offence, even if his defence is handy against the Washington backcourt 1-2 punch.

So Bulls fans, was it worth it? Fought hard all year and "showed them"... all for one playoff win. Are you happy with the season turned out or should we have done more to tank?

Think we've seen the last of Boozer. That's a plus at least! Hopefully Mirotic comes over.

I don't know as much as some others on here, but why did we bother signing Jimmer Fredette if we weren't going to actually use him?

We obviously badly need scorers. Do we go for Melo?

Jimmer was just insurance really. Plus some good pr. No one we signed late in the season played much, he didn't have much time to learn our systems and let's be honest he's not exactly defensively capable.

I'd like to have seen a little more of him personally, but mainly because it would have meant less court time for kirk :p For him to have court time against Washington would have meant him playing against wall, beal or dre, and that's a disaster waiting to happen. DJs not great defensively bit he at least has quickness on his side

Do we go for melo. I've expressed my preference before for no, but tbh I don't see us being able to clear that sort of cap room without sacrificing taj.

It also depends on what's happening with mirotic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back