The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

I was in a bad mood that day :p

Thibs isnt huge on playing rookies, so it will be interesting to see how much gametime he sees early, hopefully he can work himself into the rotation.

2 first rounders in a deep draft plus a second rounder seemed overs to me, i felt we could have perhaps used one of those picks to pick up another asset, or future draft pick if we weren't going to use it immediately. But hey, the front office have had a hard on for Doug all year, so hopefully they know better than me

This offseason is all going to come down to whether we can get Melo, and whether Mirotic comes over.

Quick summary:

- Rose was at the Melo meeting but didn't attend the dinner later on. Reinsdorf, Pippen, Noah and Taj did. Rose and Melo spoke for about 20 mins.

- We'd obviously prefer to keep Taj which means Melo would be sacrificing a hell of a lot of money if he were to come. Melo is fine with that according to KC Johnson.

- Boozer, Butler, Dunleavy and Randolph would be the players moved on to make room.

- Win now, depleted East, being #1 option were some of the selling points.

Not getting my hopes up yet because of Rose's health but that's a pretty good case I reckon.

Rose couldn't clear his schedule for one dinner in July?

Happy he was at least there to have a chat. Also like that Gibson was there. Happy to hear that we don't really want to trade Taj, and that Melo would rather play with him. He must be smart enough to know that means less money for him and he's okay with that. If we can manage to keep Noah/Rose/Gibson while adding Melo it really doesn't matter about anyone else. It is so easy to found complementary role players/vets to fill in around them (like that we're talking to Morrow btw).

I'm still confident. Is anyone else reading into the fact that he chose his first meeting with us, but more so dedicated a whole day to us and only half a day to Houston/Dallas? I don't think L.A./Dallas are a chance, and I think we're ahead of Houston. It'll just come down to whether Melo can bring himself to leave New York.

I'd have my money on us right at the moment.

Melo wont be at NY next year. From what I'm reading, Melo had D.Rose do a workout to prove he is healthy (dont know if true or not). Its time for the Bulls...... and Melo has the chance to take us back to the promise land.

I'm still thinking Melo will stay in NY.

Money talks. He'll probably regret it if/when he looks back in 30 years and would give $30m for a ring, but hard to blame him right now.

Well Melo is now looking unlikely. Can't say I'm not disappointed if it doesn't eventuate, but we move on to doing what we do best - getting the best out of lower tier role players.

So we amnesty Boozer. We're still left with Rose/Butler/Gibson/Noah with Snell/McBuckets/Dunleavy/Smith. That's already a solid bench, and probably about $10mill to play with. You'd say maybe $4-5mil goes to Mirotic. Best case scenario, you split that between Augustin and a decent shooting guard, pick up say Okafor for the vet minimum, all of a sudden we go:

Rose/Augustin
Butler/SG/Snell
Dunleavy/McDermott
Gibson/Mirotic/Bairstow
Noah/Okafor/Smith

Hey, it's not what we hoped for, but it's deep. Can still trade away say Dunleavy for more cap space if we've got our sights set on a slightly bigger/more expensive name. I hear the Gasol talk, but a) I don't think it'll happen and b) Whilst he'd be nice, that's not where we need to be spending our money.

It's not ideal, but with the doubts around Miami or how they'll come back, that teams still a chance to advance. It shouldn't be, but the east is that bad.

Just stunned that Melo isn't already signed, sealed & delivered. I mean it's hard to beleive that we wouldn't be his no.1 option given that joining us would bring him closest to that elusive championship he claims to want so badly.

What is wrong with Chicago that these big names won't come? Is D Rose a factor?

Just stunned that Melo isn't already signed, sealed & delivered. I mean it's hard to beleive that we wouldn't be his no.1 option given that joining us would bring him closest to that elusive championship he claims to want so badly.

What is wrong with Chicago that these big names won't come? Is D Rose a factor?

Money. He has to give up ALOT of money to go to the Bulls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've done a 180 on Lance. I was all in on Melo, and if that didn't work then fill it out with solid depth ala 2010. But Stephenson does fit. Not perfectly, but he addresses a lot of needs, and I think the time has come for us to take a risk in terms of "character" and back our system, rather than continuing to bring in dull but likeable, trustworthy role players.

Apparently Pau is close to signing with us which obviously rules out Melo.

I dont get it? I really dont. Gibson should be our starting PF. Noah our starting C. So Pau comes off the bench? Boozer in a sign and trade to try to get Pau.

Meh...

Apparently Pau is close to signing with us which obviously rules out Melo.

I dont get it? I really dont. Gibson should be our starting PF. Noah our starting C. So Pau comes off the bench? Boozer in a sign and trade to try to get Pau.

Meh...

regardless of who is starting you cant play your c and pf for 48mins of a game can you?

signing gasol allows you to have 3 bigs in a rotation who are very good. pau can split minutes between being on the floor with noah and when noah is off pau will take centre with gibson. you definitely have enough minutes to accommodate gibson , noah and pau.

Carmello needs to make the decision now that he is playing basketball for championships and not only for his sky rocket.

If Melo joins we are the best in the east. By geez the eastern conference finals would be something else

The thing I dont get about the Pau move now is what about Mirotic? If he is coming over this season then where all the minutes for all 4 players?

Yeah I've done a 180 on Lance. I was all in on Melo, and if that didn't work then fill it out with solid depth ala 2010. But Stephenson does fit. Not perfectly, but he addresses a lot of needs, and I think the time has come for us to take a risk in terms of "character" and back our system, rather than continuing to bring in dull but likeable, trustworthy role players.
I agree, the Bulls need offensive flair, we have defence and scoring and solid systems in abundance.
Rose is the only shot at finding easy scores, it would be nice not to have to labour so hard on offence.

Well Melo isn't coming to the Bulls but I still like our team with teh addition of Pau. Just need to sign a 2 guard and we're good to go. Lance anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back